Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
47477 posts

Re: Arming Teachers with guns?

Mar 3, 2014

TeabagMcFrag wrote:

Hmmmm, not a bad idea tbh. I wonder if arming teachers will be more efficient than hiring a few more guards.

Why not doing both, toghether! :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 70 (100 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
47477 posts

Mar 3, 2014

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

they need to put parents in jail who allow their 6 year old kid to take their gun to school

kids with guns just goes to show you how iresponsible parents in usa are

if i was a teacher at any school i would personally like to have a gun on me the whole time

Almost all of these school shootings have one thing in common.....the shooters were not the legal gun owner.  Typically the shooter illegally obtains their gun from someone who did not properly store it. 

I agree hitman, whomever owned the gun should be held to the same criminal standard as the shooter.  If someone gets my gun they have to first break into the outside of hte house, then break into the windowless room they are locked in, then they have to break into my safe.  Oh you wanted ammo, thats in the smaller safe locked inside my large one :smileywink:.

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 70 (99 Views)
Gaming Beast
1745 posts

Mar 3, 2014

Instead of arming teachers with weapons how about the schools create more programs that focus on mental health? That's the main issue in all of these school shootings. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

34gau1c.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 70 (97 Views)
PlayStation MVP
47477 posts

Mar 3, 2014

wais_45 wrote:

Instead of arming teachers with weapons how about the schools create more programs that focus on mental health? That's the main issue in all of these school shootings. 

How about that AND letting teachers, if they want to, arm themselves (provided state law allows them to carry).

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 70 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1745 posts

Mar 3, 2014

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

wais_45 wrote:

How about that AND letting teachers, if they want to, arm themselves (provided state law allows them to carry).

Personally I think there is no need. Where I live schools are now having enhanced secuity and it's effiecent. 

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/tdsb-schools-open-with-security-upgrades-1.1320061

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

34gau1c.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 70 (90 Views)
PlayStation MVP
47477 posts

Mar 3, 2014

wais_45 wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

wais_45 wrote:

Personally I think there is no need. Where I live schools are now having enhanced secuity and it's effiecent. 

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/tdsb-schools-open-with-security-upgrades-1.1320061

I'm all for that but do think whomever is watching the cameras should be an "armed security guard".

This won't protect from a kid bringing in a gun in their backpack though, the system in that link is flawed in that one area. 

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 70 (88 Views)
Gaming Beast
1745 posts

Mar 3, 2014

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

wais_45 wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

wais_45 wrote:

I'm all for that but do think whomever is watching the cameras should be an "armed security guard".

This won't protect from a kid bringing in a gun in their backpack though, the system in that link is flawed in that one area. 

If a security gaurd whom is armed monitors the camera in the schools office then that is cool. But teachers being armed themselves is a bad idea. 

34gau1c.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 70 (86 Views)
Sackboy
512 posts

Mar 3, 2014

SIT DOWN OR I'LL SEND YOU TO THE PRINCIPAL'S! - 2011

SIT DOWN OR I'LL BUST A CAP IN YO **bleep**! - 2014

whoops i accidentally spilled a whole pizza in my mouth.
Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 70 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13996 posts

Mar 4, 2014

wais_45 wrote:
If a security gaurd whom is armed monitors the camera in the schools office then that is cool. But teachers being armed themselves is a bad idea. 

i think in some stated they allowe students to carry guns to school. or maybe colleges..

so can't you imagine... armed teachers VS armed students..

what did you say about my grades?  you giving me an F??.. what...  bang bang.. bang..

just an example case of possible teacher and student interaction...

to QUOTE--- TOP RIGHT of the reply box
Forum Survival Tips for New Members
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 70 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
761 posts

Mar 4, 2014

I don't think arming teachers is the answer.  It's impractical, and most likely ineffective.  In an active shooter scenario, the teacher is responsible for staying with their students, locked down, in their classroom.  Armed police officers would be a much better solution, but that's not going to happen because money is a much bigger concern to schools than safety.  The chances of a shooting incident happening are remote.  They can't even afford textbooks, much less pay the salaries of a couple of cops who may never be needed.  Why so much talk about arming teachers?  Armed teachers would most likely provide their own guns/ammo/training and they are already on staff.  Additionally, gun manufacturers and media love to talk about this controversial subject because it is free advertising and increases ratings.

XBOX Live gamertag: GUN5L1NGER
Frontier Communications is America's worst ISP, according to Netflix.
Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 70 (62 Views)
0 Likes