Reply
Platinum
Registered: 12/21/2007
Online
56227 posts
 

Re: Arming Teachers with guns?

Mar 3, 2014

TeabagMcFrag wrote:

Hmmmm, not a bad idea tbh. I wonder if arming teachers will be more efficient than hiring a few more guards.


Why not doing both, toghether! Smiley Wink

 

 

Message 31 of 70 (129 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Platinum
Registered: 12/21/2007
Online
56227 posts
 

Re: Arming Teachers with guns?

Mar 3, 2014

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

they need to put parents in jail who allow their 6 year old kid to take their gun to school

kids with guns just goes to show you how iresponsible parents in usa are

if i was a teacher at any school i would personally like to have a gun on me the whole time


Almost all of these school shootings have one thing in common.....the shooters were not the legal gun owner.  Typically the shooter illegally obtains their gun from someone who did not properly store it. 

 

I agree hitman, whomever owned the gun should be held to the same criminal standard as the shooter.  If someone gets my gun they have to first break into the outside of hte house, then break into the windowless room they are locked in, then they have to break into my safe.  Oh you wanted ammo, thats in the smaller safe locked inside my large one Smiley Wink.

 

 

Message 32 of 70 (128 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/11/2012
Offline
2557 posts
 

Re: Arming Teachers with guns?

Mar 3, 2014

Instead of arming teachers with weapons how about the schools create more programs that focus on mental health? That's the main issue in all of these school shootings. 

My Youtube Channel:

NG \\Wais

Free Sitrongr

Message 33 of 70 (126 Views)
Platinum
Registered: 12/21/2007
Online
56227 posts
 

Re: Arming Teachers with guns?

Mar 3, 2014

wais_45 wrote:

Instead of arming teachers with weapons how about the schools create more programs that focus on mental health? That's the main issue in all of these school shootings. 


How about that AND letting teachers, if they want to, arm themselves (provided state law allows them to carry).

 

 

Message 34 of 70 (122 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/11/2012
Offline
2557 posts
 

Re: Arming Teachers with guns?

Mar 3, 2014

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

wais_45 wrote:

Instead of arming teachers with weapons how about the schools create more programs that focus on mental health? That's the main issue in all of these school shootings. 


How about that AND letting teachers, if they want to, arm themselves (provided state law allows them to carry).

 

 


Personally I think there is no need. Where I live schools are now having enhanced secuity and it's effiecent. 

 

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/tdsb-schools-open-with-security-upgrades-1.1320061

My Youtube Channel:

NG \\Wais

Free Sitrongr

Message 35 of 70 (119 Views)
Platinum
Registered: 12/21/2007
Online
56227 posts
 

Re: Arming Teachers with guns?

Mar 3, 2014

wais_45 wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

wais_45 wrote:

Instead of arming teachers with weapons how about the schools create more programs that focus on mental health? That's the main issue in all of these school shootings. 


How about that AND letting teachers, if they want to, arm themselves (provided state law allows them to carry).

 

 


Personally I think there is no need. Where I live schools are now having enhanced secuity and it's effiecent. 

 

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/tdsb-schools-open-with-security-upgrades-1.1320061


I'm all for that but do think whomever is watching the cameras should be an "armed security guard".

 

This won't protect from a kid bringing in a gun in their backpack though, the system in that link is flawed in that one area. 

Message 36 of 70 (117 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/11/2012
Offline
2557 posts
 

Re: Arming Teachers with guns?

Mar 3, 2014

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

wais_45 wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

wais_45 wrote:

Instead of arming teachers with weapons how about the schools create more programs that focus on mental health? That's the main issue in all of these school shootings. 


How about that AND letting teachers, if they want to, arm themselves (provided state law allows them to carry).

 

 


Personally I think there is no need. Where I live schools are now having enhanced secuity and it's effiecent. 

 

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/tdsb-schools-open-with-security-upgrades-1.1320061


I'm all for that but do think whomever is watching the cameras should be an "armed security guard".

 

This won't protect from a kid bringing in a gun in their backpack though, the system in that link is flawed in that one area. 


If a security gaurd whom is armed monitors the camera in the schools office then that is cool. But teachers being armed themselves is a bad idea. 

My Youtube Channel:

NG \\Wais

Free Sitrongr

Message 37 of 70 (115 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 10/09/2013
Online
720 posts
 

Re: Arming Teachers with guns?

Mar 3, 2014

SIT DOWN OR I'LL SEND YOU TO THE PRINCIPAL'S! - 2011

 

SIT DOWN OR I'LL BUST A CAP IN YO **bleep**! - 2014

#CoalFactoriesMatter
Message 38 of 70 (110 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
Registered: 12/17/2004
Offline
22906 posts
 

Re: Arming Teachers with guns?

Mar 4, 2014

wais_45 wrote:
If a security gaurd whom is armed monitors the camera in the schools office then that is cool. But teachers being armed themselves is a bad idea. 

 

i think in some stated they allowe students to carry guns to school. or maybe colleges..

 

so can't you imagine... armed teachers VS armed students..

 

what did you say about my grades?  you giving me an F??.. what...  bang bang.. bang..

 

just an example case of possible teacher and student interaction...

What Are Internet TROLLS ?
To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
****still waiting for The LAST GUARDIAN****
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 39 of 70 (101 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/27/2008
Offline
3450 posts
 

Re: Arming Teachers with guns?

Mar 4, 2014

I don't think arming teachers is the answer.  It's impractical, and most likely ineffective.  In an active shooter scenario, the teacher is responsible for staying with their students, locked down, in their classroom.  Armed police officers would be a much better solution, but that's not going to happen because money is a much bigger concern to schools than safety.  The chances of a shooting incident happening are remote.  They can't even afford textbooks, much less pay the salaries of a couple of cops who may never be needed.  Why so much talk about arming teachers?  Armed teachers would most likely provide their own guns/ammo/training and they are already on staff.  Additionally, gun manufacturers and media love to talk about this controversial subject because it is free advertising and increases ratings.

 



Si vis pacem, para bellum.
Message 40 of 70 (91 Views)
Reply
0 Likes