Uncharted Territory
1188 posts

Re: Awkward Moments

Jun 23, 2013

That awkward moment when you get in the van and there's no candy.

Message 11 of 66 (188 Views)
MVP Support
18791 posts

Jun 24, 2013

Incendio_Wolf wrote:

That awkward moment when you get in the van and there's no candy.

Candy

It was recess what can I say? :smileyvery-happy:

Message 12 of 66 (186 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7578 posts

Jun 24, 2013
I cant believe you spray painted on that nice mans van! Bad NE1.
Message 13 of 66 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7578 posts

Jun 24, 2013
Oh wait its your van...

Awkward moment indeed.
Message 14 of 66 (170 Views)
I Only Post Everything
923 posts

Jun 24, 2013
I shot a nemesis in MOHEA and it turned out to actually b my only squad member left.
.................!!!
Message 15 of 66 (165 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
926 posts

Jun 24, 2013
This happened to me yesterday afternoon at the gym. I was on the elliptical finishing up my five mile session. (Been losing weight like CRAZY the past month of so. 15 pounds gone. Only 25 more to go to reach my ideal weight of 190 pounds). Anyway, my legs were starting to cramp up a bit and I was feeling a bit tired.

In front of me, this drop-dead gorgeous woman was doing stretching out in the middle of the gym for some reason I cannot comprehend. I'll state right now that my eyes and mind started wandering into naughty land. :smileytongue: I started to notice that things were beginning to move in certain areas. To ensure that this was not going to be blatantly obvious to everyone else, I went and lifted my right leg to "adjust on the fly".

The problem is that I did this while still moving on the elliptical. When my right foot came down the foot pad had moved and I caught the outer edge of the pad on the raised "wall" area. My right ankle immediately inverted in a direction it should not have while I tried to adjust the foot to prevent a full snap of my right ankle.

Well, in doing that my right big toe bent fully backwards onto itself. OUCH! I was IMMEDIATELY in a great deal of pain and was on the ground doing a Peter Griffen "Tsssssssssss...... Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhh." maneuver for a few minutes. Eventually the pain subsided enough so I could walk, albeit with a nasty limp. I drove home, in immense pain the whole time, and began R.I.C.E. therapy. (Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation).

Sleeping was hell. Could not fall asleep, nor stay asleep due to the pain. This morning, upon finally waking up for good, I took a look at my right big toe. It was three time the size it should be, and VERY purple. A classic hematoma. Having broken many bones before, I knew this was a break. So after thinking about whether to wait it out another day and see a doctor tomorrow, or foot the bill for the $100 co-pay and go to the ER, I went to the ER. The x-rays came back positive for a fractured big toe. The saving grace is that my ankle and rest of the foot is in solid shape. The last minute maneuver I pulled which resulted in my big toe snapping in two saved the rest of my foot/ankle. The doctor taped my big toe up in the buddy system, told me to use a walking boot for the next four weeks, and gave me a prescription for percocet to handle the pain. So right now, I'm in a bit of la-la land, but the pain is gone and I can maneuver without too much of a hitch.

Overall, it's quite embarassing that I let this happen, but ah well. I'm only quite saddened that because of this injury, I won't be able to hit the gym for a few weeks and I fear that I might put on weight that I just lost. :smileysad: Wish me luck.
Message 16 of 66 (151 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1605 posts

Jun 24, 2013

Jdurg wrote:
This happened to me yesterday afternoon at the gym. I was on the elliptical finishing up my five mile session. (Been losing weight like CRAZY the past month of so. 15 pounds gone. Only 25 more to go to reach my ideal weight of 190 pounds). Anyway, my legs were starting to cramp up a bit and I was feeling a bit tired.

In front of me, this drop-dead gorgeous woman was doing stretching out in the middle of the gym for some reason I cannot comprehend. I'll state right now that my eyes and mind started wandering into naughty land. :smileytongue: I started to notice that things were beginning to move in certain areas. To ensure that this was not going to be blatantly obvious to everyone else, I went and lifted my right leg to "adjust on the fly".

The problem is that I did this while still moving on the elliptical. When my right foot came down the foot pad had moved and I caught the outer edge of the pad on the raised "wall" area. My right ankle immediately inverted in a direction it should not have while I tried to adjust the foot to prevent a full snap of my right ankle.

Well, in doing that my right big toe bent fully backwards onto itself. OUCH! I was IMMEDIATELY in a great deal of pain and was on the ground doing a Peter Griffen "Tsssssssssss...... Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhh." maneuver for a few minutes. Eventually the pain subsided enough so I could walk, albeit with a nasty limp. I drove home, in immense pain the whole time, and began R.I.C.E. therapy. (Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation).

Sleeping was hell. Could not fall asleep, nor stay asleep due to the pain. This morning, upon finally waking up for good, I took a look at my right big toe. It was three time the size it should be, and VERY purple. A classic hematoma. Having broken many bones before, I knew this was a break. So after thinking about whether to wait it out another day and see a doctor tomorrow, or foot the bill for the $100 co-pay and go to the ER, I went to the ER. The x-rays came back positive for a fractured big toe. The saving grace is that my ankle and rest of the foot is in solid shape. The last minute maneuver I pulled which resulted in my big toe snapping in two saved the rest of my foot/ankle. The doctor taped my big toe up in the buddy system, told me to use a walking boot for the next four weeks, and gave me a prescription for percocet to handle the pain. So right now, I'm in a bit of la-la land, but the pain is gone and I can maneuver without too much of a hitch.

Overall, it's quite embarassing that I let this happen, but ah well. I'm only quite saddened that because of this injury, I won't be able to hit the gym for a few weeks and I fear that I might put on weight that I just lost. :smileysad: Wish me luck.

aw man  that sounds like unbearable pain

when you watch women do their thing you have to play it off cool like not that i do that kinda thing....

Message 17 of 66 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11726 posts

Jun 24, 2013
Jdurg is the only one who has truly answered the call of duty.
Message 18 of 66 (144 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1605 posts

Jun 24, 2013

imagesCA2SAQVK.jpg

Message 19 of 66 (142 Views)
Welcoming Committee
3926 posts

Jun 24, 2013

Jdurg wrote:

Look on the bright side, at least you didn't have to worry about that other problem anymore. 

Message 20 of 66 (141 Views)