Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Keyblade Wielder
10105 posts

Re: Bilbo the Hobbit - Secret

May 19, 2013
@Zidane, soccer

I just don't think it's doing much for the fandom they've established.

It's like Episode 1-3 of Star Wars.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 71 of 80 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2276 posts

May 19, 2013

oh man, i'm gone for a day and this thread has 40 more posts, nice!

i was researching Sauron a while back, so anyone correct me if i'm wrong since i haven't read any of the books that took place before the Hobbit (i think one was the Silmarilion and/or something else), but i think Sauron actually "dies" 3 times and he once served Morgoth (i think was his name) that was even more powerful than him! that would be cool if they made a movie on the elven war just so we could see how badass Morgoth would be

and did you guys know that at the black gate battle scene in Return of the Ring where Aragorn was fighting the Troll, they orginally shot him fighting Sauron:

Message 72 of 80 (119 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

May 19, 2013
canadian@:

im bunshing btw. Yea i started to read the Simarillon, but with all the studies, i had time to read only 100 pages.

yea, Sauron was the Servan if Morgot. The Vens finally destroy him after many battle, but Sauron still comtinue to do like his master

did you know that Sauron creat Orcs, but also werewolves and vampires? He was capable of changimg form too
Message 73 of 80 (113 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

May 19, 2013
canadian@:

great info man. Thanks to have shared :smileytongue:
Message 74 of 80 (110 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

May 19, 2013
too read this (its Valar, not Vens. Eru is the God)

when he lost his buddy:

"Eru's divine intervention did indeed bury the king's armies and drown the armada; but Númenor itself was swallowed by the sea, and the Blessed Realm was removed from the physical world. Sauron had not foreseen this, and his body was destroyed in the destruction. Having expended much effort in the corruption of Númenor, he was diminished,particularly as he forever lost the ability to take a fair form. Yet his spirit rose out of the abyss, and he was able to carry with him the one thing that mattered most. Wrote Tolkien, "I do not think one need boggle at this spirit carrying off the One Ring, upon which his power of dominating minds now largely depended."

when he came back:

"The Necromancer of Dol Guldur

"Around the year 1050, a shadow of fear fell on the forest later called Mirkwood. As would later become known, this was the first sign of Sauron's remanifestation, but for many years he was not recognized. He was known (as in The Hobbit) as the Necromancer. He established a stronghold called Dol Guldur, "Hill of Sorcery", in the southern part of the forest not far from Lórien.

Shortly after the shadow fell upon the forest, the Valar sent five Maiar to oppose this growing power. They took the form of Wizards, the most prominent being Gandalf and Saruman. By about 1100, "the Wise" (the Wizards and the chief Elves) became aware that an evil power had made a stronghold at Dol Guldur. Initially it was assumed that this was one of the Nazgûl rather than Sauron himself. About the year 1300, the Nazgûl did indeed reappear. In the ensuing centuries, the chief of the Nazgûl, the Witch-king of Angmar, repeatedly attacked the northern realm of Arnor, first in 1409 and finally overrunning and effectively destroying the realm in 1974. Though driven from the north in the following year by the Elves and forces from Gondor, the Witch-king retreated to Mordor and gathered the Nazgûl there. In 2000, the Nazgûl issued from Mordor to besiege the city of Minas Ithil in the mountains bordering Mordor. The city fell in 2002, and became known as Minas Morgul. With the city the Nazgûl also captured the palantír of Minas Ithil, one of the seven seeing stones that Elendil's people had brought with them from Númenor at the eve of the Downfall.
Message 75 of 80 (108 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
5611 posts

May 20, 2013
Thread moved from the Uncharted 3 Multiplayer section.
Message 76 of 80 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1718 posts

May 20, 2013

LOL, it's not too soon XD

I'm kinda surprised at how long this actually stayed in the U3 multiplayer forums.

This months old sig image will remain till the end of days.
Message 77 of 80 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
32935 posts

May 21, 2013

bunshing wrote:
did you get the clues? this is my question

I think it was less of a clue and more of a pre-spoiler.  This movie wasn't subtle at all.  They throw in blatant pre-spoilers like this so the people who weren't paying that good of attention could link it back to LOTR.

I already posted my review somewhere around here.  I thought the Hobbit movie was pathetic.  It wasn't as good as the 1970's cartoon, and it was nowhere near **bleep** good as the book (or 1st chunk of the book).  This tale can be told in one movie.  A trilogy is completely unwarranted.

For instance,

Spoiler

1. All those dwarves who met Bilbo at his house are from the Lonely Mountain, their presumed destination.  They had to fight infinity plus one goblins to get to within visual distance of Lonely Mountain.  So how did the Dwarves get to the Shire in the first place?  Wouldn't they have already had to fight infinity plus one goblins on their way to Bilbo?  So why are there still goblins alive between the Shire and Lonely Mountain?

2. At the end, Gandalf's eagle friends carried them to within visual distance of Lonely Mountain.

a. Why didn't they drop them off a little closer?

b. Why didn't they pick them up at the beginning of the movie so they could avoid all those goblins?

3. If there are infinity plus one goblins (seriously way too many of them to be believable even in a movie like this) then why haven't they invaded the Shire?  Goblins like to live underground.  Hobbits live in big underground houses.  Invasion should have been inevitable.

The Hobbit simply wasn't enjoyable.  It was nothing but a bunch of Dwarves being chased by goblins relentlessly for hours.  Maybe that beginning part where they ate all of Bilbo's food was funny.  That was about it.  The rest was crap.  Seriously, how do you run through an infinite number of goblins and emerge without a scratch?  None of them scored a hit with a sword.  None of them landed a lucky arrow.  Please.  So if you're that invincible, why even run from them?  Just stick around and kill them all.

Really bad movie, unworthy to be compared to LOTR.

Message 78 of 80 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4925 posts

May 21, 2013
Welcome to Off Topic, Uncharted players.
 photo Untitled-1_zps6a2e69f8.jpg
Message 79 of 80 (65 Views)
Fender Bender
3354 posts

May 21, 2013

DrGadget wrote:

bunshing wrote:
did you get the clues? this is my question

I think it was less of a clue and more of a pre-spoiler.  This movie wasn't subtle at all.  They throw in blatant pre-spoilers like this so the people who weren't paying that good of attention could link it back to LOTR.

I already posted my review somewhere around here.  I thought the Hobbit movie was pathetic.  It wasn't as good as the 1970's cartoon, and it was nowhere near **bleep** good as the book (or 1st chunk of the book).  This tale can be told in one movie.  A trilogy is completely unwarranted.

For instance,

Spoiler

1. All those dwarves who met Bilbo at his house are from the Lonely Mountain, their presumed destination.  They had to fight infinity plus one goblins to get to within visual distance of Lonely Mountain.  So how did the Dwarves get to the Shire in the first place?  Wouldn't they have already had to fight infinity plus one goblins on their way to Bilbo?  So why are there still goblins alive between the Shire and Lonely Mountain?

2. At the end, Gandalf's eagle friends carried them to within visual distance of Lonely Mountain.

a. Why didn't they drop them off a little closer?

b. Why didn't they pick them up at the beginning of the movie so they could avoid all those goblins?

3. If there are infinity plus one goblins (seriously way too many of them to be believable even in a movie like this) then why haven't they invaded the Shire?  Goblins like to live underground.  Hobbits live in big underground houses.  Invasion should have been inevitable.

The Hobbit simply wasn't enjoyable.  It was nothing but a bunch of Dwarves being chased by goblins relentlessly for hours.  Maybe that beginning part where they ate all of Bilbo's food was funny.  That was about it.  The rest was crap.  Seriously, how do you run through an infinite number of goblins and emerge without a scratch?  None of them scored a hit with a sword.  None of them landed a lucky arrow.  Please.  So if you're that invincible, why even run from them?  Just stick around and kill them all.

Really bad movie, unworthy to be compared to LOTR.

I wouldn't bother with him dude. He and Soccer are the same person and that person is a troll.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 80 of 80 (57 Views)
0 Likes