Reply
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 11/20/2013
Offline
628 posts
 

Re: Brace yourselves,Porn Stars are...comming

Apr 8, 2014
Get Sophie Dee on the show and I might consider tuning in
Message 21 of 71 (390 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 12/08/2000
Online
29423 posts
 

Re: Brace yourselves,Porn Stars are...comming

Apr 8, 2014

Litsa_Kardassis wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

Litsa_Kardassis wrote:

Yeah its hard to get into this show because it tries to just force force sex into each episode. I hate anything that becomes severely reliant on stuff like that. They just try too hard to be edgy and it just makes the show look like a **bleep** off teenager.


You know they are based off the books right?

Yeah and? Walking Dead's comics were very saturated in foul language but they adjusted for TV. I prefer it. Though lately they have been too much about cool ways to kill things which I dont care for. I just prefer good story telling over cheap tactics to pull in viewers and since all I hear about from GoT is **bleep** its obvious why they keep putting more and more in .


For those who don't quite grasp the idea, the reason why it's on HBO is so they can do all the naughty bits because you have to PAY for it. Don't like it? Don't pay for it. But people have no business trying to force this off the air if that's what they choose to pay for with their hard earned money. 

Message 22 of 71 (378 Views)
VP of Gaming
Registered: 12/08/2000
Online
29423 posts
 

Re: Brace yourselves,Porn Stars are...comming

Apr 8, 2014

Litsa_Kardassis wrote:

I just dont care for sex in TV shows. It always feels un needed and ridiculous. Sex in porn, fine. But in a show its just weird. Plus in GoT case it really seems like they are trying to push the envelope when I hear actors from the show saying it needs to get more graphic and we need to start seeing more male nudity.


So it's okay if sex is gratutious, but it's "weird" if it's portrayed in a storyline that depicts the natural  act as something people do? What kind of sense does that make? 

Message 23 of 71 (375 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
Registered: 05/24/2009
Offline
18676 posts
 

Re: Brace yourselves,Porn Stars are...comming

[ Edited ]
Apr 8, 2014

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Litsa_Kardassis wrote:

I just dont care for sex in TV shows. It always feels un needed and ridiculous. Sex in porn, fine. But in a show its just weird. Plus in GoT case it really seems like they are trying to push the envelope when I hear actors from the show saying it needs to get more graphic and we need to start seeing more male nudity.


So it's okay if sex is gratutious, but it's "weird" if it's portrayed in a storyline that depicts the natural  act as something people do? What kind of sense does that make? 


Culture and tradition is a powerful weapon

RE-THINK SALAD


Message 24 of 71 (367 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 06/22/2013
Offline
666 posts
 

Re: Brace yourselves,Porn Stars are...comming

Apr 8, 2014

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Litsa_Kardassis wrote:

I just dont care for sex in TV shows. It always feels un needed and ridiculous. Sex in porn, fine. But in a show its just weird. Plus in GoT case it really seems like they are trying to push the envelope when I hear actors from the show saying it needs to get more graphic and we need to start seeing more male nudity.


So it's okay if sex is gratutious, but it's "weird" if it's portrayed in a storyline that depicts the natural  act as something people do? What kind of sense does that make? 


Because in the case of this show, along with most movies and show sthat do this, its there just to show off the nudity and doesnt really add anything of value to the story.  I mean is this article not about hiring pornstars so they can get more explicit with sex scenes? I mean whatever. I wont change your opinion on it. 

Message 25 of 71 (356 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 10/02/2008
Offline
14647 posts
 

Re: Brace yourselves,Porn Stars are...comming

[ Edited ]
Apr 8, 2014

It is HBO. They have to validate your subscription somehow. Showing sex on television is one of those ways. The books may feature sex scenes, but this is typical premium movie channel stuff. STARZ did the same with Spartacus.


Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 26 of 71 (350 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 09/13/2007
Offline
4403 posts
 

Re: Brace yourselves,Porn Stars are...comming

Apr 8, 2014

Setzaroth wrote:

HorrorGod wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:
Ah, the western mentality.

 

I hope that is not your first impression of West Coasters, because we love this stuff. Smiley Wink

(Not to speak for everyone from California, of course, only people I know that watch Game of Thrones.)


No, I was talking about global hemispheres in general. Overall, the U.S. is typically OK with violence, but prudish, whereas in the UK, it's the opposite.

Well, from living here, what I see is that the US is not prudish at all, when it comes to violence and swear words -- just nudity. We can have someone killing another person while calling them every name in the book, but God forbid if they are nude while doing it. For Shame, foooor shaaaaame.

 

That's my impression, anyway. I can't speak for the UK though. Never been there.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."


Message 27 of 71 (342 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 04/12/2006
Online
5645 posts
 

Re: Brace yourselves,Porn Stars are...comming

Apr 8, 2014

Litsa_Kardassis wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

Litsa_Kardassis wrote:

Yeah its hard to get into this show because it tries to just force force sex into each episode. I hate anything that becomes severely reliant on stuff like that. They just try too hard to be edgy and it just makes the show look like a **bleep** off teenager.


You know they are based off the books right?

Yeah and? Walking Dead's comics were very saturated in foul language but they adjusted for TV. I prefer it. Though lately they have been too much about cool ways to kill things which I dont care for. I just prefer good story telling over cheap tactics to pull in viewers and since all I hear about from GoT is **bleep** its obvious why they keep putting more and more in .


Walking Dead had to be altered because it's on AMC. If it were on HBO, Showtime, or another premium service, they would not have altered it. 

 

Same thing goes for Game of Thrones. If it were AMC or another non-premium service, it would need to altered.

Consumer Services and Technical Support 1-800-345-7669
Mon - Fri, 8:00AM - 8:00PM PST

Live Chat
I don't work for Sony. Just a gamer helping others.
Message 28 of 71 (332 Views)
MVP Support
Registered: 08/07/2009
Online
13736 posts
 

Re: Brace yourselves,Porn Stars are...comming

Apr 8, 2014

HorrorGod wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

HorrorGod wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:
Ah, the western mentality.

 

I hope that is not your first impression of West Coasters, because we love this stuff. Smiley Wink

(Not to speak for everyone from California, of course, only people I know that watch Game of Thrones.)


No, I was talking about global hemispheres in general. Overall, the U.S. is typically OK with violence, but prudish, whereas in the UK, it's the opposite.

Well, from living here, what I see is that the US is not prudish at all, when it comes to violence and swear words -- just nudity. We can have someone killing another person while calling them every name in the book, but God forbid if they are nude while doing it. For Shame, foooor shaaaaame.

 

That's my impression, anyway. I can't speak for the UK though. Never been there.


Being "prudish" doesn't mean what you think it means.

 

Setz is using Prude in the mannerism of those uncomfortable around sexuality or nudity.

 

 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 29 of 71 (324 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 11/24/2011
Offline
11298 posts
 

Re: Brace yourselves,Porn Stars are...comming

Apr 8, 2014

I wish more shows had these type of porn stuff to make it less taboo and "yuck".

 

Sometimes it is uncomfortable to watch, though.

Message 30 of 71 (389 Views)
Reply
0 Likes