Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
4073 posts

Re: Cat Thread

Apr 9, 2013

moblesuit75 wrote:

We do not tell the Vet about when he bites, because the Vet informed us he would recommend putting him down, if he ever bit us again.  I don't hate him that much.  I only hope we can get him outside at some point in his life. Maybe he will be happier then.

Aww, poor kitty. I have had some adopted cats that the ONLY way they were happy was to be put outside. My cat which I posted the pic of from 2006 is actually outside the last few years. She was just stir crazy and now LOVES to come inside for long spells. It's not really my thing, but we also have other outside cats, we took in a stray, well, kept her safe, with her babies, got them all attended to and put them out. Just too many cats to keep, and too many cats at the decent shelters, so we had to.

We usually have 4 or more inside at a time. They aren't nearly as bad as your cat is, but sometimes they do like to spite pee on things. Don't leave cardboard, papers, magazines, mail, boxes of toys with no lids, sitting around, it'll be peed on.

Don't clear the table right away? "Here's a token of my affection ... " says the cat, peeing on just one thing.

Keep things picked up! Then he's alright. It's an impossible job for me though. I love him dearly, and just deal with it.

I have had two orange female tabbies in the past. One was long ago. In the days when all cats went out. She was cute and super spirited. The other one was one I found in an adoption place. She had been owned and the person couldn't stand the cat. So then the cat lived for over a year in the vets office. I couldn't resist her, 2 years old, the prettiest female orange tabby. Skittish and freaked all the time, she hid more than any cat I've ever known. Not bad but so fractured in personality, not a "nice cat". She was missing then for a couple of days and I went looking for her and found her not able to move, under a bed. I took her outside and sat in the grass with her. She died in my arms. Only 7. Life was too tramatic for her. Totally ANXIETY RIDDEN. It's not good for anyone. I gave her a more secure environment, let her do her thing and love her as much as she'd let me.

From my experience with other peoples orange tabbies too, most of them are oddities. Something weird about them all. It's not projected. It's them.

Message 61 of 87 (149 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4073 posts

Apr 9, 2013

itsnotozzyitsozz wrote:
I believe in other life in the universe, not kitty angels, your silly maisy.

Well Kitty Angels are simply beings from another planet. We just CALL them angels. Cat Wink

oh, yeah, "your" -- you mean "you are" which is made into a contraction like this: "you're" Robot LOL

Message 62 of 87 (147 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 9, 2013

Over 20 cats that I have owned, I have had a calico cat, and orange and white cat(named bonesy since he was skin and bones, yet he got fat after we took him in), 3 gray and white cats, 1 full gray cat with a white nose, and a huge @$$ siamese cat that we found, who was neutered and declawed, we named him Shnooka Shnow.

Among many other cats. I hear the orange and white ones are rare, though. We had that 1, but when he died, another one showed up..

Maisy, this isn't english class, get over yourself Smiley Wink

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 63 of 87 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4073 posts

Apr 9, 2013

itsnotozzyitsozz wrote:

Maisy, this isn't english class, get over yourself Smiley Wink

Nope it's not English class, it's Grammar Class, get it right!!!! Smiley LOL

Message 64 of 87 (142 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4073 posts

Apr 9, 2013

itsnotozzyitsozz wrote:

Over 20 cats that I have owned, I have had a calico cat, and orange and white cat(named bonesy since he was skin and bones, yet he got fat after we took him in), 3 gray and white cats, 1 full gray cat with a white nose, and a huge @$$ siamese cat that we found, who was neutered and declawed, we named him Shnooka Shnow.

Among many other cats. I hear the orange and white ones are rare, though. We had that 1, but when he died, another one showed up..

That's cool.

Whenever a cat dies or moves on, another one shows up. It's just a rule of life on earth.

Female Orange Tabbies are rare, as are Tories, which we have the one outside that I posted the pic of, and a younger Blue Tortie that we got last year.

We also have a gorgeous "sylvester" long hair cat (one of the offspring, another litter, from that stray I spoke of before) B&W Tuxedo, in other words; Two blue cats, and a sleek short hair black cat we adopted last year as well.

All the other outside cats we have are long haired black that rusts. 

Message 65 of 87 (133 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Apr 9, 2013
Well here in america, or where I live, it's called English class, so I did get it right. English covers grammar at the school I went to.

A blue cat? That would be interesting to have...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 66 of 87 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Apr 9, 2013
Lol @ "here in 'Murica"

Anyways, this is the internet. There are no "classes" here so technically no one is right. But if someone wants to correct grammar, and call it grammar class? That's fine.
Message 67 of 87 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Apr 9, 2013
Oh, is that fine Johngie? Thanks for giving everyone permission to do so.

Message 68 of 87 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Apr 9, 2013
You're welcome Smiley Happy and seeing as how my name is just my screen name, not a proper name, it's "johngie", not "Johngie".
Message 69 of 87 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
8962 posts

Apr 9, 2013

Random cat video again on the main page of youtube. "Seppo says hello".

He's not even cute. I don't get it.

id 69 signature

"How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 70 of 87 (116 Views)