Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Re: Creepiest Moments In Gaming (Spoilers ahead)

Apr 22, 2013

I never played horror games, so I can never really get a real creepy video on right now. Although I was creeped by one scene in RE1 when I was like what five...

But anyways, my candidate would be this along with that whole postmodern reveals...

Spoiler

Graveyard stuffers.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4482958/Silly_ass_ID_by_SuperGilfer.jpg
Message 51 of 60 (103 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Apr 22, 2013
Maybe squirrel was talking about Siren. Never played it, but there is this part where you hide in the closet and you can look around while the zombie like monsters are hunting for you, so im sure theres a part there where you hide under a bed.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 52 of 60 (96 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
7097 posts

Apr 22, 2013

itsnotozzyitsozz wrote:
Maybe squirrel was talking about Siren. Never played it, but there is this part where you hide in the closet and you can look around while the zombie like monsters are hunting for you, so im sure theres a part there where you hide under a bed.

It sounds reasonable, but Siren was originally a PS2 game, so it still doesn't fit what was described.  Maybe squirrelywrath was mistaken about it being Silent Hill and also that it was a remake. I guess it's up to them to remember and clarify it.  I don't have any other suggestions but Shattered Memories seems most likely to me.

Message 53 of 60 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3802 posts

Apr 22, 2013

itsnotozzyitsozz wrote:

That's another game I thought about, but since he was talking about SH, I never mentioned it. Smiley Tongue

So after giving up on SH4 (maybe I'll give the emulator a try someday), I started playing SH3. This game has so many "AH!" moments when compared to SH2.

The mannequin, random knocks at door, loud BANG on one of the doors in the shop etc.

Also alternate "versions" of the areas are so much creepier too! Floor turns to blood, blood flows from the ceiling/walls, enemies make HORRIBLE noises and so on. Add the scary BGM that plays a lot during enemy encounters, and you get to change your underwear more than once..

Awesome playing this game, barely remember anything of it. Smiley Happy

Message 54 of 60 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Apr 22, 2013
Maybe he worded it wrong, and meant a PS2 remake or simply a PS2 game. Were there even any games on the PS2 that were a remake of PS1 games?

Possibly it could be Siren, or Haunting Ground, but i'm not sure.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 55 of 60 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
66 posts

Apr 25, 2013
I'm not sure which one it was honestly. Shattered memories sounds familiar but so does alternate versions of locations. I think it's starts out similar to how the mom ended up in the town in the SH movie.
I remember something about hiding in a closet too. It was like the world suddenly changed and you had to run and hide from things. I think it was actually based off the movie or maybe the other way around.
It was pretty creepy too me a virgin to SH games atleast. I know the hospital thing was famously creepy. And the schools.

I dunno what the other games were like maybe they all had alternate versions of the world. I remember something about taking pictures and seeing ghosts or bodies or scenes of whatever went down in the town.

Akarin!~
Message 56 of 60 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Apr 25, 2013
Yeah, Shattered Memories. and everything froze over?

Has to be it, because it's a PS2 RE IMAGINING of the PSX game, SH.

Message 57 of 60 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3802 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 28, 2013

Even though the game itself isn't scary at all, I gotta mention the Regeneradors from RE4. I still remember encountering them the first time..

Their breathing is creepy, they can regenerate shot limbs in a very short time, are extremely tough, and they can even jump at you from a few meters away and bite you from the neck, even if you shoot their legs off. Oh and they can stretch their arms and grab you from far too. :l

Regenerador

Message 58 of 60 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

May 13, 2013
I agree i think eternal darkness was scary and the play through was different all the changing to throw you off great game if you enjoy scary games
Message 59 of 60 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3321 posts

May 14, 2013

screwfun wrote:

I never played horror games, so I can never really get a real creepy video on right now. Although I was creeped by one scene in RE1 when I was like what five...

But anyways, my candidate would be this along with that whole postmodern reveals...

Spoiler

I remember freaking out when the colonel told me I was playing for too long. I immediately saved and turned my PS2 off.

Twitter: @XenokingX
Message 60 of 60 (39 Views)
0 Likes