Apr 19 2014
By: mdwalke Fender Bender 3220 posts

Did you ever cheat to get a trophy ?

42 replies 255 views Edited Apr 19, 2014
Have you ever figure out how to cheat a certain game to get a trophy ? Or Maybe you found an easy way around to get a trophy without putting in alot of time to actually getting the trophy without doing it the hard way.
Message 1 of 43 (255 Views)
I Only Post Everything
999 posts

Re: Did you ever cheat to get a trophy ?

Apr 19, 2014

I looked up the locations of a couple of the treasures in RDR and RDR: UN after I found the 2 I was missing I got a silver "Treasure Hunter" trophy. 

Dont know if that counts or not because I wasnt doing it to get the trophy, I actually didnt even know there was one tbh.

Rules & Guidelines Contact PlayStation Support | Need Help? PM Me

If you want to add me on PSN, please say in the request that you're from the PS forum.

Message 2 of 43 (250 Views)
Fender Bender
3419 posts

Apr 19, 2014
.................nah

RingingPhoneTelephone Calls 

Satire Extraordinaire!RingingPhone
"Stop trolling, you're CLEARLY trolling!" - Everyone In Off-Topic.

~ Proud Upholder Of The PS Forums Rules Of Conduct ~
~ Survivor Of Two Permanent Bans ~ Influential Satire Member ~

~ Forum Moderation Expert ~ Victim Of Many Injustices ~
~ Sworn Enemy To The Off-Topic Board ~ Anti-Troll Cultist ~

...Before you report this post, please check HERE to see if it actually breaches the PS Forums Rules Of Conduct, otherwise you're wasting your time! Thanks!

Message 3 of 43 (242 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
8738 posts

Apr 19, 2014

Jak 3 - precursor orb glitch

Demon's Souls - Duplicate items glitch

I'm not ashamed. Smiley Very Happy I only consider glitching 'bad' in online multiplayer games (public matches). 

id 69 signature

"How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 4 of 43 (240 Views)
Gaming Beast
2078 posts

Apr 19, 2014

Oh man funny you bring this up I have. Smiley Sad

I cheated on Jak 2 on collecting the precursor orbs because I didn't know that once you beat the game there is a few you can't miss in the final boss level so I didn't want to collect them all again. Also I could not beat the timer and get the gold for the city race just way too hard for me. There is a glitch to get the orbs much faster. I'm so ashamed...

I cheated on ICO also for three trophies.

1. Beating the game in under 2 hours needed tips... Heres a tip don't try to speed run the game without any saves it just won't work maybe. Stupid me thought that's how you do it but it never worked out curse you in-game cameras.

2. I would have never known there was a hidden door for the spiked club and shining sword enough said. How sad if you guys could just see my face flipping disgust is all I see.

The List.
#PSASBR2

You're not stupid it's the stupid things you do.
Message 5 of 43 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13569 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 19, 2014

Demon's Souls is the only game I've cheated for trophies, by the duplicating glitch and being given a Pure Bladestone instead if spending hours to get one.

Message 6 of 43 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6876 posts

Apr 19, 2014

I've never cheated before. I have been ripped off before. I Red Dead Redemption, there's a trophy where you collect treasure and the last location never appeared causing me to never get the trophy unless I start the game over again.

Message 7 of 43 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13569 posts

Apr 19, 2014

Juan1992 wrote:

I've never cheated before. I have been ripped off before. I Red Dead Redemption, there's a trophy where you collect treasure and the last location never appeared causing me to never get the trophy unless I start the game over again.

Sometimes trophies can be missed or glitched. In Deus Ex, I needed the stealth trophy. I com[pleted the game three times without alerting the alarm and still did not get the trophy. Regardless, it was worth playing it that many times.

Message 8 of 43 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3220 posts

Apr 19, 2014
Well the only few that i have done was in terraria I use the duplicate item and eventruly had enough ore to make 10000 bars of metal. There is also a glitch in the game called neir where you can grow your garden under a few minutes. All you had to do was change the time in your ps3 up by a day. I got the trophy for havinge a 1 million of the money that you use on the game by doing this.
Message 9 of 43 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9892 posts

Apr 19, 2014
Does looking it up count as cheating? If so, then yeah I've cheated plenty of times. Especially on collectable trophies. I'm not going to scour every area of every level wasting my time like that.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 10 of 43 (211 Views)