Highlighted
MVP Support
14101 posts

Re: [Discussion and Debate] The unofficial video game discussion and debate thread.

Apr 8, 2014

Since it seems as if the thread is stalled...

I'll start the Kirby discussion/debate.

I really enjoyed playing Kirby's Dream Land. Loved going through the different levels and facing off against enemies of different shapes and sizes. 

Only real downfall is that it's a little too easy on it's first run through. 

It still holds up after all this time though in my opinion.

Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 91 of 102 (260 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
14101 posts

Re: [Discussion and Debate] The unofficial video game discussion and debate thread.

Aug 9, 2014

Got a new debate up! All about the Soul Calibur series. For any Soul Calibur fan to come and discuss what they like and dislike about the series. Feel free to join in if you'd like you guys!

I'm giving these another shot to see if anyone wants to participate in it again Robot Happy.

Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 92 of 102 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6980 posts

Aug 9, 2014

I liked Soul Caliber up until the new one because they got rid of characters and bought in new characters and made it seem like this is the new direction of the series because it's a some years after the last game.

About to leave for work so I'll edit this with my full thoughs about the series.

R.I.P Kilik....

JayJay 2515 signature

2 time Face of The WWE Champion
Message 93 of 102 (224 Views)
Last Guardian
9959 posts

Aug 10, 2014
I was never huge into SC simply because I wasn't crazy about weapon combat. But I really liked Kilik.

Never payed attention to the story in any of the games. Didn't care for it.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 94 of 102 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6980 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 11, 2014
Forgot to write what I had to say but here goes.

The lore of game and the backstory of some of the characters always interested me. Siegfried becomes Nightmare in Soul Calibur 2 I believe but after that Siegfried becomes the main protagonist for most of the games and Nightmare (or Soul Edge) finds a new host.

Through SC 2-4 Nightmare becomes more demonic looking, and that is another thing a like.

Another thing I like about the series is the guests characters, my favorite will always be Link because I pretty much mastered him.

Also in Soul Calibur 3 there was a mode called Chronicles of the Sword which had you create a character and go through a story using a Real Time Strategy turn based game mixed with the game's fighting mechanics and that is my favorite thing about the series.

What I dislike about the series is Soul Calibur 5, they get rid of characters and replace them with new characters and I think only 2 of those characters isn't a replace for a another character.

Had this game taken place a few years after SC 4 I would be fine because old characters can make a return but it is 17 years after SC 4...

Also they ruined my main Kilik and turned him into a copycat character and for that I will never forgive them.
JayJay 2515 signature

Message 95 of 102 (195 Views)
MVP Support
14101 posts

Oct 31, 2014

Bringing this back for the heck of it Smiley Tongue.

Put up a new theme:

What do you consider to be the scariest video game? Why does it scare you? What makes it scary?

I tend to think that some of the Resident Evil games are pretty scary. The creepiness of the atmosphere. As for what makes it scary, both the combination of the atmosphere and the music do it. The element of surprise comes into play there as well.

Message 96 of 102 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6980 posts

Oct 31, 2014
I have a post on my laptop at home that I need to finish, on my way to work so I can't post it now.
JayJay 2515 signature

Message 97 of 102 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6980 posts

Oct 31, 2014
Would you look at that, mobile butchered my Soul Calibur post....
JayJay 2515 signature

Message 98 of 102 (114 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
14101 posts

Oct 31, 2014

JayJay2515 wrote:
Would you look at that, mobile butchered my Soul Calibur post....

That sucks Smiley Sad. I hate when HTML gets screwed up.

Message 99 of 102 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6980 posts

Nov 1, 2014

Scariest game I played was Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen.

One time I had foolishly ventured at night not knowing where I was going. I couldn't see a thing and I was getting attacked by zombies, ghosts and got one shotted by something in all black armor with a sword and shield, which I later found out was a Skeleton Lord.

Spoiler

The Dark Arisen expansion just made it worse, Bitterblack Isle is littered with dead bodies and enemies are tougher than in the base game and majority can kill you if you don't know what you're doing. I still remember the first time I saw a Condemned Gorecyclops and my pawns didn't want to fight it.

Then there's the bosses that appear after you kill a certain amount of enemies(this can range from 1 enemy to the entire room). Imagine you're just having a random fight and this happens

All that and there's still one thing left, Death.

Death has 3 set locations: the first area you get to, the area after the first boss and in this pitch black sewer. The worst thing but the last location is you can't see a thing but you know Death is there because music never plays (with the exception of 2 rooms I believe) but when Death is near you will hear this creepy music with gongs in the background, if he is a few feet away from you you'll hear whispers.

Oh yeah and he can one shot you.

JayJay 2515 signature

Message 100 of 102 (100 Views)