Face of the WWE
6180 posts

Re: The unofficial video game discussion and debate thread.

Mar 4, 2014

I miss Just Bring It and Shut Your Mouth and those matches where you could end up in the parking lot or in a subway. I think they were the last games to have Team Extreme's entrance (Hardy Boyz with Lita).

JayJay 2515 signature

2 time Face of The WWE Champion
Message 21 of 100 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
9810 posts

Mar 4, 2014

JayJay2515 wrote:

I miss Just Bring It and Shut Your Mouth and those matches where you could end up in the parking lot or in a subway. I think they were the last games to have Team Extreme's entrance (Hardy Boyz with Lita).

Was that similar to the cage matches they have every so often?

Message 22 of 100 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Face of the WWE
6180 posts

Mar 4, 2014

Box9Missingo wrote:

JayJay2515 wrote:

Lol far from that, I don't know the exact name of the match type but you could go almost anywhere in the stadium. I loved the parking lot so much because a car could explode and send you flying across the room and you could go outside and get hit by oncoming traffic and get inside a train in the subway.

JayJay 2515 signature

Message 23 of 100 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
9810 posts

Mar 4, 2014

JayJay2515 wrote:

Box9Missingo wrote:

JayJay2515 wrote:

Lol far from that, I don't know the exact name of the match type but you could go almost anywhere in the stadium. I loved the parking lot so much because a car could explode and send you flying across the room and you could go outside and get hit by oncoming traffic and get inside a train in the subway.

Ah. Sounds pretty crazy. I wonder why they stopped putting it in the games?

Message 24 of 100 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Face of the WWE
6180 posts

Mar 4, 2014

Probably because they wanted to make the most realistic wrestling game. But WWE All-Stars has a unrealistic arcadey feel to it.

JayJay 2515 signature

Message 25 of 100 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3079 posts

Mar 4, 2014

Been playing WWE games all Da way back to WWE Raw, WM Arcade on Sega lol ;p

The Moves:

Funny thing bout WWE Games on PS 2 was the earlier SD games was when you could actually pull off a finisher no matter what you were doing, ya could be standing laying on Da mat and boom chokeslam!! Ever since Sd Vs Raw 2005 till 2K14, each finsiher has been restricted to having to be in right place right time in order 2 pull it off....

The Controls:

Current game play controls has been the same since WWE 12, only time I actaully hatd the controls was SD Vs Raw 2007 ;p

The Roster:

They try to keep it up to date since they incude whoever in WWE and champions that were in june of said year.

No Trish = and RKO!!

WWE Universe:

Pretty much you have total control either play the matches set and freely make it Da way you want.

Game Modes:

There been several game modes over Da Years

30 years of WM

GM Modes

Just 2 name a few....

Match Types:

Been serveral over Da years as well....

Buried Alive

Casket Matches

Scramble Matches

These no longer in the series....

I think they really need to do like what they did with MK Trilogy....

Make the Ultimate Trilogy per say??

Have all wrestlers, diva's that was ever in the series in it,

every single match type ever created in the game

They already still do keep every title they ever had in the game....

This would be Awesome to see done!!~~ ;p

Your 1st and ONLY 2-Time 2013 Digital Leisuire's Queen Of War!!~~

Never ask questions you don't wanna know da answers to!!~~

You don't have 2 love me,You don't even have 2 like me, But you WILL Respect me!!~~

The Fear of Death, is far greater then Death itself,
The Fear of the Unknown is the greatest fear of them all!!

The Undertaker!!~~
Message 26 of 100 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
9810 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 10, 2014

Now onto this week's discussion.

I really enjoyed Super Mario Bros. 3 the most out of the old school 2d Mario games. It was just super creative in regards to the bad guys, the maps and the levels.

As for the 3d ones, Super Mario 3d World drew me in from the start. It had the same kind of fun feeling that Super Mario Bros. 3 had when I first played it years ago. It was nice to experience that again. It's a good, fun and funny game that brings creativity to the forefront.

How about you guys?

Message 27 of 100 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3105 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 10, 2014

Box9Missingo wrote:

Bumped up for this week's discussion...

I really enjoyed Super Mario Bros. 3 the most out of the old school 2d Mario games. It was just super creative in regards to the bad guys, the maps and the levels.

As for the 3d ones, Super Mario 3d World drew me in from the start. It had the same kind of fun feeling that Super Mario Bros. 3 had when I first played it years ago. It was nice to experience that again. It's a good, fun and funny game that brings creativity to the forefront.

How about you guys?

Me personally, I enjoyed Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA) out of all of the 2D Mario games. I enjoyed having a selection of multiple characters with different attributes. I always either use Luigi or Peach to reach shortcuts or rely on Toad's speed and strength depending on the situation.

I haven't played Super Mario 3D World yet, but it looks better than the announcement trailer. 3D Land was good, but after clearing the first eight worlds, I had to force myself to play the bonus worlds. I'll give Nintendo credit for trying to add replay value, but many of the levels felt the same. The whole game in general is just another Mario platformer, with no new mechanics or power-ups.

Twitter: @XenokingX
NNID: LordOfCourage | 3DS FC: 5241-1928-7355
Message 28 of 100 (100 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
7678 posts

Mar 10, 2014

Box9Missingo wrote:

Bumped up for this week's discussion...

How about you guys?

I personally gained enjoyment out of playing Super Mario Bros. 3 for the original NES because of the evolved gameplay that it has to offer with new power ups, a world map that I can freely traverse before selecting a level, and boss battles against the Koopalings. 

For the three-dimensional Super Mario games, I personally gained some experience when I laid my eyes on Super Mario 64 and how it differs gameplay-wise from traditional 2D platformers such as new moves like the backwards somersault, triple jump, and finding Power Stars in many levels by jumping through paintings,

Message 29 of 100 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1866 posts

Mar 10, 2014

Good question. My favorite mario game is Mario Galaxy 2. IMO, it was just so epic. I love the whole space vibe going with Mario. I know many people love mario 64.... but Galaxy 2 was just so different and unique. Plus they did a lot cool things with the gravity aspect. Galaxy 1 was also excellent though not as epic as 2 :robothappy:

young beard signature
Message 30 of 100 (83 Views)
0 Likes