Ghost of Sparta
13569 posts

Re: The unofficial video game discussion and debate thread.

Mar 10, 2014

YoungBeard wrote:

Good question. My favorite mario game is Mario Galaxy 2. IMO, it was just so epic. I love the whole space vibe going with Mario. I know many people love mario 64.... but Galaxy 2 was just so different and unique. Plus they did a lot cool things with the gravity aspect. Galaxy 1 was also excellent though not as epic as 2 Robot Happy

I've never played the second one. But the first one is the best Wii game I've beaten. Do you think there will be a third one for the Wii U?

Message 31 of 102 (137 Views)
MVP Support
13655 posts

Mar 10, 2014

ossiecastro5 wrote:

YoungBeard wrote:

Good question. My favorite mario game is Mario Galaxy 2. IMO, it was just so epic. I love the whole space vibe going with Mario. I know many people love mario 64.... but Galaxy 2 was just so different and unique. Plus they did a lot cool things with the gravity aspect. Galaxy 1 was also excellent though not as epic as 2 Robot Happy

I've never played the second one. But the first one is the best Wii game I've beaten. Do you think there will be a third one for the Wii U?

ossiecastro5 wrote:

YoungBeard wrote:

The 3D world is likely the replacement of the Galaxy Series.

But it wouldn't surprise me if they did have a 3rd.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 32 of 102 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

Mar 10, 2014

ossiecastro5 wrote:

YoungBeard wrote:

I'm not sure. If Galaxy 3 does come out for Wii U, I would more than welcome it though! But I'm also hearing that fans want a Mario Sunshine 2. I have played the first Sunshine and I have to say.... it's really good. Although it's a bit too "bright" on the graphics side if you can comprehend what I mean. But then again, it is called Sunshine Robot wink

young beard signature
Message 33 of 102 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 10, 2014

Say what you will, but IMO, Galaxy 2 had the one of the hardest last levels in the Mario titles. The Grand Master Galaxy I believe it was called? Especially beating it with only one health bar. So frustrating, but yet so satisfying after getting beat Smiley Tongue

young beard signature
Message 34 of 102 (126 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13883 posts

Mar 10, 2014

Great posts everyone! I got the chance to play Galaxy awhile back and it was pretty fun too. Really creative. It's nice to see a good Mario game every now and then.

Anyone fans of Super Mario Land and Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins? I love those two games, both are creative in their own ways and the first one got pretty tough in the latter part of the game and the second one had some nice concepts in regards to levels, powers and enemies.

Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 35 of 102 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3327 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 10, 2014

Box9Missingo wrote:

Great posts everyone! I got the chance to play Galaxy awhile back and it was pretty fun too. Really creative. It's nice to see a good Mario game every now and then.

Anyone fans of Super Mario Land and Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins? I love those two games, both are creative in their own ways and the first one got pretty tough in the latter part of the game and the second one had some nice concepts in regards to levels, powers and enemies.

I played the first Mario Land via the 3DS Virtual Console and found it very odd with how Mario handled and the power-ups, but  it's still a good game. I'm sure #2 is superior, though. If I'm not mistaken, Gunpei Yokoi, not Shigeru Miyamoto worked on the game.

And Galaxy was very creative, which was why I was disappointed with 3D World when it was announced, along with the fact that I was hoping that "Super Mario HD Land" wasn't in development.

Twitter: @XenokingX
Message 36 of 102 (114 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13883 posts

Mar 10, 2014

kingbro1 wrote:

Box9Missingo wrote:

I played the first Mario Land via the 3DS Virtual Console and found it very odd with how Mario handled and the power-ups, but  it's still a good game. I'm sure #2 is superior, though. If I'm not mistaken, Gunpei Yokoi, not Shigeru Miyamoto worked on the game.

And Galaxy was very creative, which was why I was disappointed with 3D World when it was announced, along with the fact that I was hoping that "Super Mario HD Land" wasn't in development.

Yea it takes a little time to get used too, especially in regards to the fire balls in that one. Yep it is, you get to go into outer space in one level and you get shrunk down to tiny Mario in the Macro Land levels, etc. It's pretty neat in that regard. Cool, he did a really good job on it.

That's understandable, it's one game that would be hard to top in any regard. I really do like the cat suits in 3d World though and the levels seem to be pretty immersive and creative from what I've played through so far. I definitely want to buy a copy of it when I'm able to.

Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 37 of 102 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 10, 2014

kingbro1 wrote:

I'll have to agree. I was somewhat disappointed in the announcment of a new 3D World. Turns out that it was really good and creative (though not as creative or dreamy as Galaxy in my opinion). But I honestly expected a Mario Sunshine 2 to be announced. And I'm still hoping that it gets announced one day Smiley Very Happy
But now that we are discussing Mario, don't even get me started on Metroid! I would love to see a new Prime

young beard signature
Message 38 of 102 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5411 posts

Mar 10, 2014

Box9Missingo wrote:

Now onto this week's discussion.

I really enjoyed Super Mario Bros. 3 the most out of the old school 2d Mario games. It was just super creative in regards to the bad guys, the maps and the levels.

As for the 3d ones, Super Mario 3d World drew me in from the start. It had the same kind of fun feeling that Super Mario Bros. 3 had when I first played it years ago. It was nice to experience that again. It's a good, fun and funny game that brings creativity to the forefront.

How about you guys?

Remember playing this years ago  lol Idk why but kinda liked the GBA version better lol Smiley Tongue

Your 1st and ONLY 2-Time 2013 Digital Lesuire's Queen Of War!!~~

Never ask questions you don't wanna know da answers to!!~~

You don't have 2 love me,You don't even have 2 like me, But you WILL Respect me!!~~

Loved by few, Hated by many, Respected by All!!~~

The Fear of Death, is far greater then Death itself,
The Fear of the Unknown is the greatest fear of them all!!

The Undertaker!!~~
Message 39 of 102 (99 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13883 posts

Mar 10, 2014

Jigsaw4422 wrote:

Box9Missingo wrote:

Now onto this week's discussion.

I really enjoyed Super Mario Bros. 3 the most out of the old school 2d Mario games. It was just super creative in regards to the bad guys, the maps and the levels.

As for the 3d ones, Super Mario 3d World drew me in from the start. It had the same kind of fun feeling that Super Mario Bros. 3 had when I first played it years ago. It was nice to experience that again. It's a good, fun and funny game that brings creativity to the forefront.

How about you guys?

Remember playing this years ago  lol Idk why but kinda liked the GBA version better lol Smiley Tongue

Was it due to the mini games? Those were pretty cool. What did you like about the game as a whole?

Message 40 of 102 (96 Views)
0 Likes