Treasure Hunter
4940 posts

Re: Disney Ruining Star Wars

Apr 4, 2013
Hahahah DVM, I didn't realize that until I read what you posted. Pandemic was shut down. LucasArts. That's amazing. I remember going to a friend's house every summer for at least 3 years playing Battlefront almost all day every day. We preferred the 1st over the 2nd.
 photo sig_zpsfya567e6.jpg
Message 21 of 37 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6448 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 4, 2013

I would be **bleep** about 1313 getting canceled because I thought it looked really good, but Toy Story 1-3 and Lion King exist

JayJay 2515 signature

2 time Face of The WWE Champion
Message 22 of 37 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
400 posts

Apr 4, 2013
1313?
RED
Message 23 of 37 (85 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16068 posts

Apr 4, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

First they cancel the HD/3D remasters of episode 2 and 3 to focus on the new movie, I was looking forward to seeing Revenge of the Sith.

Read the whole article, especially where it says "UPDATE".... they only POSTPONED production, to work on the new film. This means sooner or later, they'll get back to converting the first 6 to 3D and the first 3 to HD.

Then they cancel the awesome and very popular tv series Star Wars: The Clone Wars just as it was getting incredible.

This article is also vague on the details. It seems they are on the "cannot confirm nor deny" situation. Remember, the Disney acquisition may have just happened, but there are things Disney is digging through to put some order in the chaos of what is the Star Wars Universe.

Then they announce the next movie will take place after episode 6, because its not like any of that time period has already been covered.

Duh, obviously.

Now they cancel the Star Wars 1313 video game and can a bunch of people at LucasArts.

Does  "there's always a possibility that [Star Wars 1313] can still come out via licensing." help quell your anguish?

Is it just me or is anyone else rather irritated at all these new decisions that are obviously the result of Disney. I am a huge Star Wars fan, and I dont think Disney is doing the right things for the franchise. Also, opinions of the matter of companies buying other companies and ruining things?

Remember.... Disney just spent $4billion buying all of George Lucas' properties. When a company spends that much money, you can't honestly think they'll keep everything intact and let things be business as usual. 
Don't think that this acquisition was nothing that JUST HAPPENED. Over the years, George Lucas has worked with Disney, and hinted at passing on the Star Wars legacy.

Obvious Disney saw a good way to make money from this.

What you may think "isn't right for the franchise", doesn't translate well in "what is good for the company". No matter how many fond memories you have and personal and emotional attachment you have. This is business first. We won't see much of anything come out of this for a few years at best. So its best not to believe most rumor and speculation until you hear an Official word.

The majority of what goes on with the Star Wars property, has been left to long time employee and good friend of George Lucas' Kathleen Kennedy who is the co-chariman and now President of the Star Wars property, who has been with the brand for roughly 30years, give or take. 

You also have to consider, that this is going for a new generation of Star Wars fans.... most of our children and grand children will never know the impacts of Mark Hamil, Harrison Ford, Billy Dee Williams and Carrie Fisher on the silver screen and knowing them in their young ages....
Of course we'll always have the films and books to review among many other things that the Holocron has to offer that Disney is willing to merchandise. 

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 24 of 37 (83 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16068 posts

Apr 4, 2013

iceyfire54312 wrote:
Disney just needs to keep their hands out of the video game market. The only thing they ever did right was kingdom hearts

Actually.... that was all Square-Enix. Disney only licensed characters....

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 25 of 37 (83 Views)
PlayStation MVP
16068 posts

Apr 4, 2013

I-Like-Pie45 wrote:

Makes you wonder how Marvel has survived unscratched ever since Disney acquired them.

Well... look at the success of most of the Marvel movies.... Marvel is still going to be very much involved with the movies as they've said. 

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 26 of 37 (82 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16068 posts

Apr 4, 2013

renatabls wrote:
They should just stahp making movies for a bit and release Battlefront 3 for the PS3/PS4. :smileywink:

Please don't misspell that word ever again....

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 27 of 37 (82 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
33349 posts

Apr 5, 2013

on a plus note, rumor has it there will be a new Star Wars animated show.

guess Disney didnt like the Clone Wars show being on Cartoon Network, $10 says the new one will be on Disney XD or something.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/05/the-clone-wars-dave-filoni-developing-the-next-star-wars-anim...

Message 28 of 37 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2531 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 5, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

renatabls wrote:
They cancelled Star Wars: The Clone Wars? Holy **bleep** i love that show... and the HD thingies too? Dafaq. :smileysad:

i know! and just as it was getting beyond awesome. they even had episodes made for the next season too.

reports have it that they will continue the series, but through Disney's typical "straight to DVD movie" type format. :smileyfrustrated:

Spoilers... :smileyindifferent: I've already seen it, but I'd hate you if I hadn't yet. :smileytongue:

P.S. Can we use spoiler tags in this forum?

photo IMG_0586_zps94omlljp.jpg
Message 29 of 37 (59 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
33349 posts

Apr 5, 2013

DarthDanMan wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

renatabls wrote:
They cancelled Star Wars: The Clone Wars? Holy **bleep** i love that show... and the HD thingies too? Dafaq. :smileysad:

i know! and just as it was getting beyond awesome.

Spoiler
Darth Maul is back and Sidius "has plans for him" and Ahsoka leaving the Jedi Order.

they even had episodes made for the next season too.

reports have it that they will continue the series, but through Disney's typical "straight to DVD movie" type format. :smileyfrustrated:

Spoilers... :smileyindifferent: I've already seen it, but I'd hate you if I hadn't yet. :smileytongue:

P.S. Can we use spoiler tags in this forum?

my bad, i was too upset to use the spoiler feature. :smileyvery-happy:

Message 30 of 37 (55 Views)
0 Likes