Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
3323 posts

Re: Disney shuts down LucasArts

Apr 7, 2013

Might as well show these pictures, Just to look back at LucasArts as a whole.

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 47 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4892 posts

Apr 7, 2013
I heard a rumor that Harrison Ford will return. I like him, but he's getting a little old. His age shows in the "42" trailer.
 photo enemy_zpsb0542811.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 47 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4892 posts

Apr 7, 2013
^ return in Star Wars 7 I meant.
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 47 (167 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4157 posts

Apr 7, 2013

NikeMurphDawg wrote:
^ return in Star Wars 7 I meant.

The rumor is him, Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker), AND Carrie Fisher (Princess Leia) are returning.

Which makes me hope that Episodes VII, VIII, and XI will be based around the "Thrawn Trilogy" novels or the "Dark Empire Trilogy" comics. Hoping more for "Dark Empire Trilogy" though. :smileyhappy:

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 47 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
32837 posts

Apr 7, 2013

HeavensLightfire wrote:

How about how Lucas rebutchered remastered the original Return of the Jedi to put the new Anakin Skywalker in there?  So lame.

Just leave it alone!  If you pick at it, it will never heal.

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 47 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4892 posts

Apr 7, 2013
What about Jar Jar? I know how much Star Wars fans like Jar Jar/kidding.
Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 47 (147 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4157 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 7, 2013

DrGadget wrote:

HeavensLightfire wrote:

How about how Lucas rebutchered remastered the original Return of the Jedi to put the new Anakin Skywalker in there?  So lame.

He made plenty of little "edits" in the 80's, to "Star Wars," most noticeably, by giving it the subtitle "Episode IV: A New Hope"

Then he craps on re-releases the original trilogy in '97 as "Special Editions" with "bonus" **bleep** content, followed by spitting on them adding more garbage on the 2004 DVD release, and finally he decides to re-releas$e them in 3-D. (which Disney thankfully cancelled the remaining films.) He is a joke. It's like he was scared to do something new with his franchise, since the prequels were criticized so much.

We can talk awhile about what Lucas did to the original Star Wars trilogy, but it was his films, he of course had the right to do anything he wanted to them. He even said he did all those edits for himself and not the fans. It was up to us fans to decide whether or not to spend out money on watching them.

Sadly, I paid to see all three special editions in the theatre, in '97. I paid for the VHS box set of the Special Editions.

But, in the end, I refused to buy the 2004 DVD release and 2011 blu-ray release.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 47 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3323 posts

Apr 7, 2013

HorrorGod wrote:

DrGadget wrote:

HeavensLightfire wrote:

He made plenty of little "edits" in the 80's, to "Star Wars," most noticeably, by giving it the subtitle "Episode IV: A New Hope"

Then he craps on re-releases the original trilogy in '97 as "Special Editions" with "bonus" **bleep** content, followed by spitting on them adding more garbage on the 2004 DVD release, and finally he decides to re-releas$e them in 3-D. (which Disney thankfully cancelled the remaining films.) He is a joke. It's like he was scared to do something new with his franchise, since the prequels were criticized so much.

We can talk awhile about what Lucas did to the original Star Wars trilogy, but it was his films, he of course had the right to do anything he wanted to them. He even said he did all those edits for himself and not the fans. It was up to us fans to decide whether or not to spend out money on watching them.

Sadly, I paid to see all three special editions in the theatre, in '97. I paid for the VHS box set of the Special Editions.

But, in the end, I refused to buy the 2004 DVD release and 2011 blu-ray release.

I had no idea why Lucas decided to "re-master" the original trilogy in the Special Editions. I still own the original releases on VHS which Im proud of. ((Which includes the original Star Wars)). Watching them over again, Episode VI seemed to have the most changes to it. What irritates me is how he just shoved CGI in all of them in the 1997 versions when they were released. Don't get me wrong, I would rather watch the 97' ones than the 2004 ones. I think those are the ones that simply killed it for me.  Using Hayden Christensen as Anakin and replacing Sebastian Shaw was heartbreaking, Shaw is Darth Vader, not that whiny immature brat known as Anakin. The song got changed in teh 97' version at the end of the Episode VI, and I think that's an ok change but I do prefer the original.  The 2011 re-release? Do I need to bring up the worst possible edit that Lucas could have done to Vader?

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 47 (137 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4157 posts

Apr 7, 2013

HeavensLightfire wrote:

HorrorGod wrote:

DrGadget wrote:

HeavensLightfire wrote:

I had no idea why Lucas decided to "re-master" the original trilogy in the Special Editions. I still own the original releases on VHS which Im proud of. ((Which includes the original Star Wars)). Watching them over again, Episode VI seemed to have the most changes to it. What irritates me is how he just shoved CGI in all of them in the 1997 versions when they were released. Don't get me wrong, I would rather watch the 97' ones than the 2004 ones. I think those are the ones that simply killed it for me.  Using Hayden Christensen as Anakin and replacing Sebastian Shaw was heartbreaking, Shaw is Darth Vader, not that whiny immature brat known as Anakin. The song got changed in teh 97' version at the end of the Episode VI, and I think that's an ok change but I do prefer the original.  The 2011 re-release? Do I need to bring up the worst possible edit that Lucas could have done to Vader?

Same here. I own 3 sets of the Star Wars trilogy on VHS. One of them being the '97 Special Editions.

And I agree about the preference of the '97 versions over the 2004 versions. A friend had told me about all the changes, before I had even gotten a chance to pick up a set, which was the reason I never bought it.

Even if Disney was to just re-release the '97 Special Editions on blu-ray, I'd be happy.

The only real major complaint I had in that was with Han Solo shooting second. I could look past all the excessive CGI.

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 47 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3323 posts

Apr 7, 2013

HorrorGod wrote:

HeavensLightfire wrote:

HorrorGod wrote:

DrGadget wrote:

HeavensLightfire wrote:

Same here. I own 3 sets of the Star Wars trilogy on VHS. One of them being the '97 Special Editions.

And I agree about the preference of the '97 versions over the 2004 versions. A friend had told me about all the changes, before I had even gotten a chance to pick up a set, which was the reason I never bought it.

Even if Disney was to just re-release the '97 Special Editions on blu-ray, I'd be happy.

The only real major complaint I had in that was with Han Solo shooting second. I could look past all the excessive CGI.

Yea, nothing that major was changed in the 97" versions compared to the others.  Yea with Han shooting second that's pretty bull, Han shot first...plain and simple XD

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 47 (133 Views)
0 Likes