Keyblade Wielder
9934 posts

Re: Disney shuts down LucasArts

Apr 4, 2013

Pandemic gone, LucasArts gone, who will make me another Starwars Battlefront game?

Lots of the greatest games have no one left to continue them, its a sad state we are in.

Mercenaries 3 anyone?  Doesnt look like it.

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Message 11 of 47 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
114 posts

Apr 4, 2013

Mystic_Gon wrote:
I liked The Force Unleashed. It's a shame we won't see more of it. Hopefully the people laid off find work soon. Looks like the fate of Star Wars games rest on the shoulders or brave indies and third parties.

You Mystic_Gon are awesome. I also enjoyed Star Wars The Force Unleashed. BTW, there is a sequel Star Wars The Force Unleashed 2 which was released in October 26, 2010. In my opinion, Star Wars The Force Unleased is almost like the Assassin's Creed of the Galaxy, Far, Far Away because the Secret Apprentice Galen Malek (Starkiller) is like Ezio in that he has been tasked with a secretive duty to assassinate and eliminate all the enemies of Darth Vader both Sith, Jedi and everyone caught in between with the  only major difference to Ezio is that his abilities are off the charts thanks to the unleashing of The Force.

I am VERY sad that Disney decided to shut down LucasArts but I'm not all that worried about it because since Disney is going to license out future Star Wars video game projects to other companies and I'm quite sure that studios like BioWare (Knights of the Old Republic), Rocksteady Games (Batman Arkham City) and Ready At Dawn (God of War) will be obvious choices Disney will can use for obvious reasons. 

Still, it's sad that Star Wars 1313 has been canned and shelved but heck, what's even more awful is that Disney closed Propaganda Games and abyssed the highly incredible game Pirates of the Caribbean Armda of the Damned to the eternal imprisoment of Davy Jones Locker. What a pity. Such a sorry pity.

Message 12 of 47 (107 Views)
MVP Support
9201 posts

Apr 4, 2013

the_ed_85 wrote:
Disney has a very long way to go to even come within the same continent of meeting that requirement for me.

Disney has done alright with the Pirates of the Caribbean movies.

JJ Abrams has done alright with the Star Trek reboot, and JJ Abrams will be directing at least two of the upcoming Star Wars movies (Episode VII and the Han Solo feature).

Message 13 of 47 (103 Views)
Lombax Warrior
114 posts

Apr 4, 2013

BBurgSteve wrote:

the_ed_85 wrote:
Disney has a very long way to go to even come within the same continent of meeting that requirement for me.

Disney has done alright with the Pirates of the Caribbean movies.

JJ Abrams has done alright with the Star Trek reboot, and JJ Abrams will be directing at least two of the upcoming Star Wars movies (Episode VII and the Han Solo feature).

Pirates of the Caribbean is the BEST thing to have come out of the Walt Disney Company since the days of The Lion King and Atlantis The Lost Empire. 

J.J. Abrams is a major Star Wars fan. His TV series "Revolution" is basically a love letter to the Star Wars saga. His reboot of Star Trek is a reflection of his love for Star Wars and in the new Star Trek Into Darkness TV spot the Enterprise performs a signature Milennium Falcon move as it flies out of what looks a lot like a Death Star. For those who want to get a feel for what the new Star Wars trilogy that Abrams and Disney are producing you guys should pick up the new comic Star Wars Legacy Volume 2 #1 and I won't give any spoilers. 

Message 14 of 47 (99 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Apr 4, 2013

So does this mean Star Wars games for the playstation will no longer be made?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Message 15 of 47 (86 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
14109 posts

Apr 4, 2013

Those gamers that were wondering if Disney taking over Lucasarts was a good thing, well now ya know the answer.

.... And I wonder how that impact the production of Star Wars 1313? Hm. Doesn't look good...

Multisystem owner. PS Plus member:Legendary status.GAP member with a launch PS3 & PS4.

Message 16 of 47 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
680 posts

Apr 4, 2013
Ah thanks PhoenixDowny. ^_^

On the bright side, Namco can probably make a full-fledged Star Wars fighting game if they wanted to. I liked playing as the Star Wars characters in Soul Calibur IV.
Message 17 of 47 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
12782 posts

Apr 4, 2013

*sighs* I think Star Wars is too far away from The Magical World of Disney.

Message 18 of 47 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11233 posts

Apr 5, 2013
WOW.

Message 19 of 47 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2614 posts

Apr 5, 2013

And it turns out that before it was cancelled, Star Wars 1313 was going to star a playable Boba Fett...

TOO METAL

2metal4me
Message 20 of 47 (48 Views)
0 Likes