Disney is being a touche bag
 photo sig_zpsfya567e6.jpg
Message 21 of 47 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

Re: Disney shuts down LucasArts

Apr 5, 2013
Aren't there videos of both Mercenaries 3 and Battlefront 3 on YouTube. Or are they fake?
 photo sig_zpsfya567e6.jpg
Message 22 of 47 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11884 posts

Apr 5, 2013

NikeMurphDawg wrote:
Aren't there videos of both Mercenaries 3 and Battlefront 3 on YouTube. Or are they fake?

Dont tease me brah.

Na13-31 wrote:
Finally, the structure of my question is that you would have to disprove every possible outcome to be correct and I would just have to have one that would likely be beneficial. That's statistically in my favor by quite a bit.
Message 23 of 47 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3405 posts

Apr 5, 2013

Very disappointed with Disney's decision, with no Star Wars 1313 and First Assault coming out and the same with Star Wars Battlefront III, not only will they lose a huge fanbase but also for me, Its going to be mostly the end of any major Star Wars games Smiley Sad

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Message 24 of 47 (76 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4380 posts

Apr 7, 2013

I'm surprised Disney shut down LucasArts.. that disappoints me. But as for them doing the new Star Wars movies, I'm actually excited!

George Lucas hasn't been taking care of the Star Wars universe for years. His prequels were a joke. He then decides to re-release the entire Saga in 3-D, starting last year with Episode 1. (**bleep**!?) Disney quickly canned the remaining 3-D re-releases, which proved to me that they were not greedy, and would rather concentrate on NEW material.

I'm so glad he sold it to a company who is very wealthy and powerful, and will more than likely give the Star Wars saga the respect it deserves.

Plus, I expect Disneyland and/or Disney World to be getting their own Star Wars-Land in the future.. which will be awesome.

I'd also like to point out that George Lucas was supposedly a true believer in the doomsday 2012 prophecy. (according to a story told by Seth Rogen, on the Tonight Show, in 2011.)

Makes me wonder if actually was, and if he now regrets selling the Star Wars license.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 25 of 47 (64 Views)
PlayStation MVP
28052 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 7, 2013

The thing about Star Wars 1313, if you buy a new company usually you don't want any of the old projects lying around. There's legal problems, and more often than not, they become unfocused. Star Wars is in good hands at Disney.

As far as new Star Wars movies, J.J. Abrams is the right guy at the right time. He revitalized Star Trek. Before the last movie, nobody wanted to touch Star Trek, and now you have non Trek fans going to see those movies. There's no doubt he can turn out a killer movie if given the chance.

For the couple of people who mentioned Mercenaries 3 (I was a major fan of it too), there was some early footage of a build from Pandemic. And here it is;

Looks like a new character and it takes in Cuba. It's really too bad that Pandemic folded. Hopefully Electronic Arts will at some time revive the series.

Message 26 of 47 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
35418 posts

Apr 7, 2013

This is just business.  They wanted the name.  They can farm out the game dev, as well as making the new Star Wars movie.  It's probably better this way anyhow.  Disney will make all the cash, and someone else will get the chance to cut their teeth on the new projects.

Message 27 of 47 (54 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
28052 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 7, 2013

They wanted more than just the name. Disney bought Star Wars and LucasFilm for the same reason they bought Marvel Comics; demographics. Yep, "gamers" who claim they know so much about marketing, and they always love to point out how bad Sony is at it, completely missed the memo on that one. I am not making this up. Disney felt that too much of it's content skewed toward a female audience. They even changed the name of the 2011 movie Rapunzul to "Tangled", because they felt that boys wouldn't go see it. How many of those iCarly type shows are there on Disney? TONS. Does anyone have a little brother that watches those? I don't think so. But they will watch Clone Wars and The Avengers.

Boys like super heroes. Boys like Star Wars. They made an EIGHT BILLION dollar investment in male demographics. Marvel and LucasFilm give them male demos up the wazoo!

Message 28 of 47 (51 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4380 posts

Apr 7, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

They wanted more than just the name. Disney bought Star Wars and LucasFilm for the same reason they bought Marvel Comics; demographics. Yep, "gamers" who claim they know so much about marketing, and they always love to point out how bad Sony is at it, completely missed the memo on that one. I am not making this up. Disney felt that too much of it's content skewed toward a female audience. They even changed the name of the 2011 movie Rapunzul to "Tangled", because they felt that boys wouldn't go see it. How many of those iCarly type shows are there on Disney? TONS. Does anyone have a little brother that watches those? I don't think so. But they will watch Clone Wars and The Avengers.

Boys like super heroes. Boys like Star Wars. They made an EIGHT BILLION dollar investment in male demographics. Marvel and LucasFilm give them male demos up the wazoo!

Indeed. I grew up with a lot of friends who thought DIsney was for (censored) kitty-kats.

I on the other hand loved Disney shows/movies and Disneyland.

I'm sure that 8 Billion will have been well worth it in 10+ years.

I remember hearing and reading how disgusted fans were that Marvel was owned by Disney... their tunes have changed since. Why?

Because nothing changed. Mickey wasn't fighting along side Captain America; Donald Duck wasn't cruising around in the sky with Iron Man; and their movies haven't been watered down neither. -- They let Marvel keep doing what they're doing.

As for Star Wars, I'm sure they will give it the same respect. Even if old Georgey and his chin are not attached. (thank God.)

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 29 of 47 (44 Views)
PlayStation MVP
28052 posts

Apr 7, 2013

A guy I know actually believed that the Jonas Brothers were going to be Avengers. Come on now, they aren't that stupid. Diseny always does quality entertainment. Toy Story. Aladdin. The Lion King. Can anyone really say those are "bad" movies? Nope, not a one. They'll do Star Wars the right way.

While we're on the subject...

Message 30 of 47 (39 Views)