VP of Gaming
34146 posts

Re: Disney shuts down LucasArts

Apr 7, 2013

DrGadget wrote:

HeavensLightfire wrote:

How about how Lucas rebutchered remastered the original Return of the Jedi to put the new Anakin Skywalker in there?  So lame.

Just leave it alone!  If you pick at it, it will never heal.

it made more sense than the random old white dude who was supposed to be Vader.

they really should have just had a bald burned stump with no arms or legs sitting next to Yoda.

1361051917077.jpg

Message 41 of 47 (123 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7025 posts

Apr 7, 2013

im not  surprised they let them go and wanted to  in house and get he  money ack not point in paying these guys more after they  paid them 8  billion lol. Thats how disney felt about it..

As far them buying marvel comics, i didnt know that that, marvel  comic is not waht it use to  be.. I like dc  comics better.. They got no one that actually beat superman  ccomic is sales anyway..  since they killed spider man off

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 42 of 47 (111 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29187 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 7, 2013

mcbuttz78 wrote:

im not  surprised they let them go and wanted to  in house and get he  money ack not point in paying these guys more after they  paid them 8  billion lol. Thats how disney felt about it..

As far them buying marvel comics, i didnt know that that, marvel  comic is not waht it use to  be.. I like dc  comics better.. They got no one that actually beat superman  ccomic is sales anyway..  since they killed spider man off

X-Men was actually the biggest selling comic for well over a decade in the 90's. According to ComicChron.com, Justice League of America is the top selling comic for Feb. 2013, followed by X-Men, and then Batman. Six of the top ten selling books are Marvel books. I can't even find Superman's comic on the chart. Guardians of the Galaxy currently outsells Superman.

"Marvel comics is not what it used to be"? Is that because it's not cool to be owned by Disney? Or is it a case of "I used to like it, then it got popular". It seems the Marvel brand is stronger than ever.

Message 43 of 47 (103 Views)
Welcoming Committee
36722 posts

Apr 7, 2013

HorrorGod wrote:

HeavensLightfire wrote:

HorrorGod wrote:

DrGadget wrote:

HeavensLightfire wrote:

How about how Lucas rebutchered remastered the original Return of the Jedi to put the new Anakin Skywalker in there?  So lame.

Just leave it alone!  If you pick at it, it will never heal.

He made plenty of little "edits" in the 80's, to "Star Wars," most noticeably, by giving it the subtitle "Episode IV: A New Hope"

Then he craps on re-releases the original trilogy in '97 as "Special Editions" with "bonus" **bleep** content, followed by spitting on them adding more garbage on the 2004 DVD release, and finally he decides to re-releas$e them in 3-D. (which Disney thankfully cancelled the remaining films.) He is a joke. It's like he was scared to do something new with his franchise, since the prequels were criticized so much.

We can talk awhile about what Lucas did to the original Star Wars trilogy, but it was his films, he of course had the right to do anything he wanted to them. He even said he did all those edits for himself and not the fans. It was up to us fans to decide whether or not to spend out money on watching them.

Sadly, I paid to see all three special editions in the theatre, in '97. I paid for the VHS box set of the Special Editions.

But, in the end, I refused to buy the 2004 DVD release and 2011 blu-ray release.

I had no idea why Lucas decided to "re-master" the original trilogy in the Special Editions. I still own the original releases on VHS which Im proud of. ((Which includes the original Star Wars)). Watching them over again, Episode VI seemed to have the most changes to it. What irritates me is how he just shoved CGI in all of them in the 1997 versions when they were released. Don't get me wrong, I would rather watch the 97' ones than the 2004 ones. I think those are the ones that simply killed it for me.  Using Hayden Christensen as Anakin and replacing Sebastian Shaw was heartbreaking, Shaw is Darth Vader, not that whiny immature brat known as Anakin. The song got changed in teh 97' version at the end of the Episode VI, and I think that's an ok change but I do prefer the original.  The 2011 re-release? Do I need to bring up the worst possible edit that Lucas could have done to Vader?

Same here. I own 3 sets of the Star Wars trilogy on VHS. One of them being the '97 Special Editions.

And I agree about the preference of the '97 versions over the 2004 versions. A friend had told me about all the changes, before I had even gotten a chance to pick up a set, which was the reason I never bought it.

Even if Disney was to just re-release the '97 Special Editions on blu-ray, I'd be happy.

The only real major complaint I had in that was with Han Solo shooting second. I could look past all the excessive CGI.

Agreed.  Of all the needless changes, this was by far the worst.  Think about it.  he actually had to spend time and effort to make the movie worse.

Han shooting first was epic.  It was one of those glorious movie moments like Inidana Jones shooting the sword guy, Peter Pan remembering his "happy thought", or the Admiral Adama performing "The Adama Maneuver" in Battlestar Galactica (yes it's a TV show but it was THAT epic it had to be included).

Han Solo shooting second... What a joke.  He might as well have had Darth Vader say, "Luke... I am your father's next door neighbor's brother-in-law.  You know the guy with the Camaro?  That's me.  Join forces with me and we can overthrow the emperor to rule this galaxy.  Search your feelings.  You know it's true."

Message 44 of 47 (100 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7025 posts

Apr 8, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

X-Men was actually the biggest selling comic for well over a decade in the 90's. According to ComicChron.com, Justice League of America is the top selling comic for Feb. 2013, followed by X-Men, and then Batman. Six of the top ten selling books are Marvel books. I can't even find Superman's comic on the chart. Guardians of the Galaxy currently outsells Superman.

"Marvel comics is not what it used to be"? Is that because it's not cool to be owned by Disney? Or is it a case of "I used to like it, then it got popular". It seems the Marvel brand is stronger than ever.

marvel is not what i use to be. its repetitive. it has nothing to do with disney buying them.. I  always like dc comics better to be honest.

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 45 of 47 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
64 posts

Apr 8, 2013
Sombody just make a **bleep** Battlefront 3 and take my money! I just want a new Star Wars game...
[URL=http://psnprofiles.com/Fireball_916][IMG]http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Fireball_916.png[/IMG][/URL]

Points2Shop (Earn Free Stuff)
Message 46 of 47 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

Apr 8, 2013
I hate to ruin everyone's day, but if there was a Battlefront 3, I'd have to beat all of you. ;D
 photo sig_zpsfya567e6.jpg
Message 47 of 47 (81 Views)
0 Likes