Apr 05 2013
By: AbysmalDawna Fender Bender 2003 posts

Do You Have Access to a Fallout Shelter?

24 replies 152 views Edited Apr 5, 2013

I live on the west coast and have been getting paranoid about north korea launching a nuclear device which could hit people on the west coast. I live in an urban area where there are government buildings.  Recently I noticed that across the street there is a sign that looks like its been there since the 1950's on a pole.  The building it is in front of  has "1956" in one of its cornerstones.  This sign has a radioactive symbol on it and says "Fallout Shelter".  I realize as bad as things can get at least I can run across the street and get in this fallout shelter.   So I would like to ask all of you:    Do you have access to a fallout shelter in case of a nuclear attack?

Message 1 of 25 (152 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34148 posts

Re: Do You Have Access to a Fallout Shelter?

Apr 5, 2013

dont worry, N.K. doesnt even have a nuke that can hit Hawaii, and even if they did it would be shot down in the ocean between Japan and Hawaii.

and i wouldnt trust any shelter from the early Cold War era. most of those were just false hope type things just made out of concrete and iron. and if its not having routine upkeep its probably in bad shape, would be more dangerous to be in it during an attack than not being in it. Smiley Very Happy

but i dont have access to one. but its ok, i can always just duck and cover. Smiley Very Happy Smiley Tongue

Message 2 of 25 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
56243 posts

Apr 5, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

dont worry, N.K. doesnt even have a nuke that can hit Hawaii, and even if they did it would be shot down in the ocean between Japan and Hawaii.

and i wouldnt trust any shelter from the early Cold War era. most of those were just false hope type things just made out of concrete and iron. and if its not having routine upkeep its probably in bad shape, would be more dangerous to be in it during an attack than not being in it. Smiley Very Happy

but i dont have access to one. but its ok, i can always just duck and cover. Smiley Very Happy Smiley Tongue

I do not have access to a fallout shelter and I'm not worried about N. Korea but I live on the east coast.  

Message 3 of 25 (144 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Apr 5, 2013
Yea, nothing to worry about with north korea. However, if Russia decides to nuke us, ill prob just stand out in front of the blast. Life is hard enough as is, I don't want to spend the rest of my life in radioactive territory. No thanks..
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 4 of 25 (143 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8695 posts

Apr 5, 2013
Vault 101

~Fighting the Good Fight~
Message 5 of 25 (138 Views)
Naughty Paw
20482 posts

Apr 5, 2013
I don't have access to a fallout shelter, but I highly doubt that North Korea is actually going to launch a nuclear attack against the U.S, possibly the most powerful nation in the entire world.

Even if North Korea did attack, it would get utterly destroyed by the counterattack by the U.S, NATO, and most likely China too. I highly doubt China would support such a bad decision such as trying to start a nuclear war against the U.S.
Message 6 of 25 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
56243 posts

Apr 5, 2013

JSiggy wrote:
Vault 101

You just wanted me to post another youtube Smiley Tongue

Message 7 of 25 (131 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Apr 5, 2013
I'm pretty sure russia is up there with us competing for the most powerful nations in the world(bronze wise).

Russia has plenty to throw at us, russia alone, if they really wanted to, could start a WW3 with us.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 8 of 25 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2402 posts

Apr 5, 2013
I don't but Europe is not on North-Korea's to-kill list. What would it help for actually? If they know it's coming almost every nation allied with the U.S would launch a counter missile. Maybe more because nobody would gain something from a nuclear war. If they don't know it's coming you don't have time to hide anyway.

It's stupid that such an ignorant selfish ******* can make these threats.
Message 9 of 25 (126 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
41786 posts

Apr 5, 2013

Fallout shelter no, I don't need one, like PP I'm on the East Coast too, don't think they can't reach me!

Anyone seen those 'odd jobs' on that 'Preppers' program, they need some serious help & some of those children should probably be in care, parenting, hmmm!

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 10 of 25 (120 Views)
0 Likes