Treasure Hunter
4501 posts

Re: Do You Have Access to a Fallout Shelter?

Apr 5, 2013
Well... I'm on the west coast. You know, that famous state that N.K., probably wants to hit. Oh never mind that's Austin, Texas.

I don't have access to shelter of any kind. Even if some of you guys do, are you guys in decent health? Don't depend on daily or weekly medication? You need to know basic or advance first-aid for the long run. Need basic resources along with food for at least 2 weeks. Be able to know how to support yourself and only yourself. Protection also.

To be honest, I would rather have a panic room than a nuclear fallout shelter. Only the rich will survive and the high officials if it was bad.

YB

Message 11 of 25 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 6, 2013

If it happens, it happens. As mentioned above, I too agree if it did, it would more than likely be retaliated with great vengeance and furious anger. China is an ally of N.K., but they don't even support their comments about nuking the U.S.

I can only imagine China would step aside and let the U.S. wipe N.K. off the face of the planet.

I don't have anything like you'd see in "Doomsday Preppers." If it's my time, it's my time, I guess. If I were to survive the initial blast, I'm  not sure how I would react... or what I'd become.

I wouldn't let it worry you. I try not to worry myself with things I have no control over. Instead, I keep my mind busy on things like work and/or putting food on my table.

If it makes you feel safer to have a plan, then do it. Nobody has the right to call you crazy for it.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 12 of 25 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Apr 6, 2013
Of course not, its human instinct. But like I said about the end of the world, when people asked me what I would do.

What the hell can you do? Its the END OF THE WORLD, hiding underground isn't going to save you, your gonna die, if you want to prepare, and make yourself feel better, fine, but you have no control over something like that, if it happens, were all going to die regardless. No use in running from the inevitable.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 13 of 25 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2374 posts

Apr 6, 2013

Nope, I don't have access to a fallout shelter. Correction, I don't have one I can access at any time. However, there are many WW2 and Cold War era fallout shelters in public buildings like Schools, Government buildings, older Police Stations.

I'm sure that if you look around in some older buildings you will find some in your area. They usually have some old signs that look like the following.

Fallout Shelter Sign.jpg

Message 14 of 25 (110 Views)
Fender Bender
2003 posts

Apr 6, 2013

Well I started wondering after I saw the old sign across the street and realized there was a bomb shelter there why you dont hear about fallout shelters anymore.  I hear people laughing about north korea but were not these the same people who watched in disbelief as a few people with box cutters  destroyed the World Trade Center on 9 11.   Our economy still hasnt recovered from that so if a few crazy people can do that north korea could maybe pull off something.  So why arent there more fallout shelters around? I guess I got lucky finding out I live across the street from one.  Plus the sign looks kind of cool too.

Message 15 of 25 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Apr 6, 2013
Abysmal, I dont believe people with box cutters wer ethe only ones behind that, if at all. But, that is my theory.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 16 of 25 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2003 posts

Apr 6, 2013

TheJLC wrote:

Nope, I don't have access to a fallout shelter. Correction, I don't have one I can access at any time. However, there are many WW2 and Cold War era fallout shelters in public buildings like Schools, Government buildings, older Police Stations.

I'm sure that if you look around in some older buildings you will find some in your area. They usually have some old signs that look like the following.

Fallout Shelter Sign.jpg

Yeah that's just like the one across the street on the corner.  Only mine is on a pole and in better condition.  Good pic thanks.

Message 17 of 25 (105 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
891 posts

Apr 6, 2013

Thankfully I live in Canada. Everybody loves us! Smiley Very Happy

Personally, I don't think North Korea is a threat. China won't back them because the U.S owes China billions of dollars and China has U.S interests such as farm land they have bought for helping with food needs back in China as well as the massive amounts of fresh water they buy and transport home.

South Korea would be a scary place to live and maybe Japan since they don't have a military but I think they have a defence force of some kind and could probably shoot down missiles. Not certain.

photo wizard_zps4173ab5c.png
Message 18 of 25 (89 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34138 posts

Apr 6, 2013

itsnotozzyitsozz wrote:
I'm pretty sure russia is up there with us competing for the most powerful nations in the world(bronze wise).

Russia has plenty to throw at us, russia alone, if they really wanted to, could start a WW3 with us.

except our relations with Russia are pretty good.

and they arent stupid enough to use nukes. we learned our lesson from the Cold War; a nuclear war will pretty much result in the end of the world.

Message 19 of 25 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

Apr 6, 2013

This is a great fan made video to one of my favorite Nine Inch Nails songs.

It captured the emotions the lyrics have always given me.

It kind of goes with the theme of this thread. Maybe some of you might enjoy it as well.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 20 of 25 (69 Views)
0 Likes