May 24 2013
By: GrayGargoyle Last Guardian 11752 posts

Do you think society will continue to graduate into different eras?

28 replies 147 views Edited May 24, 2013

What ever happened to humanity's growth? Doesn't the 2010s feel exactly like the 2000s? And the 1990s weren't all that different either, were they? Of course we have had some huge events happening all over the world, from Japan's nuclear disaster to massive homicides. Then there's the technological advance where smartphones are now in many peoples' hands. It feels like fashion hasn't differed very much from say 20 years ago. People used to wear tacky outfits, neon clothing and such. Now it seems like the wardrobe we've adorned ourselves in for the past decade has stayed similar.

Aren't we supposed to shift sometime from the look of the 1920s to the look of the 1970s? Well, I suppose fashion isn't always in a rush just as our flying cars of the year 2015 have a couple of more years to be out the door. Do you think humanity will still be in a process of evolution, though? Do you think we'll ever reach a replicated year of 3000 in say Futurama, or some other fantasy? Will people build more toward a technological future, or do you think we're going to stay in this current 2000ish spot for a long, long time? Heck, maybe one day the Earth's land will be completely submerged under water just like in Waterworld. Then we'd be able to revive a classic from the 1600s, except with raggedy clothing.

Message 1 of 29 (147 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
37664 posts

Re: Do you think society will continue to graduate into different eras?

May 24, 2013

It is different from the 90s for sure and the 2000s as well.

Humanity will ALWAYS be evolving we ARE evolving

The advancement from the 90 to now is really fast actually.

People do dress different from the 90s for example skinny jeans style

Advancement happens everyday you just dont see it

Message 2 of 29 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11297 posts

May 24, 2013

Humanity is getting more jerky(?) and cocky. We're getting lazier(?) too, what will come after the iPad? We're trying to find ways of entertainment that doesn't make us get out of our chair, if you know what i mean.

Hopefully i'll be dead soon. I can't stand seeing where we are going...

Message 3 of 29 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

May 24, 2013
Humanity's progress has ceased last decade.
Much like hip hop as an example. There's not much in creativity. And pretty much everything out there in this day and age has been done.
Kids this generation are nothing but ignorant. And that alone gives your hope for humanity's evolution. Children are the future. But there seems none as of now.
Humanity's stance nowadays is pretty much all about the dollar. Feed whatever the ignorant crave and make as much money as one can.
Then it's off to live the life one dreams of and no worries for future generations and or the cause of one a contributions all for the love of banking on entertainment for this stupid spoiled generation.
It's also the dreams many of these kids have today.
Nothing but bling and swag. Those two words should be enough as well as to where humanity has come this age.
It's a shame. It's a world of garbage. And also really boring. Sure my iPad is fun. But I wish there was better choices in music and movies.
Everywhere u go in today's places. It's all living in the past. As today's wold has nothing to offer.
But I'm sick of hearing music from the past. And sick of remakes for everything.
But as expected.
Everything's been done. Things from the past are always the fashionable things anyways. Today even more so.

Sad world. Pathetic new generation.
Ignorance in the streets.
Sorry for kids these days.
- Restless Dreams.
Message 4 of 29 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1711 posts

May 24, 2013

I would rather live in some of the past eras, 20's, 50's, or actually back in the 80's. From the 90's on it has just gone downhill and not showing any signs of stopping. It's sad really, we could be so much more, yet we choose not to be.

Message 5 of 29 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

[ Edited ]
May 24, 2013

As far as style goes...I havent seen any neon clothing or leg-warmers in my adult life. I think that style is pretty much gone.

However, stlyes are always comming and going in a circle. Someon said something about skinny jeans..but those have been around for  years. They are just being popularized again. 

I could care less about whats popular or trending...when I hear those words I just picture sheep handing their money to someone who figured out how to take it from them. I just wear band t-shirts, nice jeans and shoes, and call it good.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 6 of 29 (120 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

May 24, 2013
Keeping it real...

Not many do that this age..
Those who do... Word!

- Restless Dreams.
Message 7 of 29 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4797 posts

[ Edited ]
May 24, 2013

Take the famous jeans, they have around for years. They have been used throught every generation that I am aware or been living in. There looks to be no end to jeans anytime. Also look at this, how long does a person live, about 70 to 80 years old. Some live up to 100 but that is a rarity.

I started going back to school(college) and I can see that the mentality of people have change dramatically from when I was in high school last. Everyone carries a smartass phone. People are so wrapped into Facebook. People are texting in class and listening to music as they walk around campus. Which is fine, but it seems people have this idea that if they aren't doing 20 different things at once than they are not cool enough?  People have become so judgemental.  Someone asked me why I didn't have Facebook. I told them I don't want my private life to become National. Apart from my gaming persona, I don't need to spill everything about myself, so people can gaze at for hours. They made it seem like I was missing out on something needed? I saw this one commercial that some employers are actually  asking that you have a Facebook account. That is sickining? Do you believe people have that many friends in real life? I saw this one guy had a bunch of girls on his page but only three of them, he knew in person. The rest which just people he added to look lik a big shot with the ladies?

I think the social aspect of our society has changed. Do I tell people when I wipe my backside? No, so there really isn't this needed  neccessity to reveal your whole life. I think with the Terrorist acts, I think people just feel like they need to know your whole backround before they associate with you? Pretty sad really.

Thanks,
FreshRevenge

celebrity fashion gallery

photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Message 8 of 29 (107 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
17397 posts

[ Edited ]
May 24, 2013

well, it cost me 40$ for a 4GB ram last friday.

in 1990's 4gb ram didnt even existed... so yeah.

GTA V FTW !

PSN : Stackcluster
Born young, not dead yet !
Message 9 of 29 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

May 24, 2013
Suits have always been in style.
 photo sig_zpsfya567e6.jpg
Message 10 of 29 (99 Views)