Jun 04 2013
By: FreshRevenge Fender Bender 3947 posts
Accepted Solution

Don't Trust Reviewers Period(They are a Wasted Commodity)

[ Edited ]
22 replies 311 views Edited Jun 4, 2013

Okay I have  Remember Me which I downloaded it last night. Going to play it as soon I get home. But I was reading a few reviews amd this struck me as odd.

IGN gave the game a 5.9 score located hereIGN(America), I didn't bother reading it because I though another IGN wacko doing his job. Than I read another IGN review but got a different score, an 8.5 which is Excellent. However this IGN is from Italy, located hereIGN(Italia).

Sorry but I have to say that this blows my mind. Is America too harsh on being a critic? I mean some of best films I have watched were from different countries because of the authenticity. I feel ashamed that Americans have this high idea on what is good and what is not?

So please as a gamer, go with your instincts and not shoddy reviewers. They have indoctrinated in the life of Call of Duty. Sorry but I felt I needed to vent my anger.

Thanks,
FreshRevenge

celebrity fashion gallery

photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 23 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
250 posts

Re: Don't Trust Reviewers Period(They are a Wasted Commodity)

[ Edited ]
Jun 4, 2013

IGN is not a good review source. Go to a better site like Gamerankings. IGN gives better reviews to those who pay them off. And they have fired people for giving those who pay a bad review. 

PS1~PS2~PS3~PSP~PS Vita~Dreamcast.
-Killzone Mercenary Beta Tester
Free userbars
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 23 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7473 posts

Jun 4, 2013
I don't trust game reviewers full stop. I pretty much know what game I would like/not like on reading a small blurb about it on the back of the box or watching a bit of it on Youtube.

I liked and even loved games that are ranked poorly on most sites.

FIVE YEARS ON PLAYSTATION FORUMS

YOUTUBE REVIEWS ~ TROPHIES ~ GAMING YOUTUBE ~ LITTLEBIGPLANET

Bitcoin is nice: 16SVoaaAfWtywpQ9GDqqzfoyGvt21XCB6M
Dogecoin is nice too: DU6DPv41zfqbSwvFz8LKYhVcgLsX85B3My
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 23 (297 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11314 posts

Jun 4, 2013

FreshRevenge wrote:

Okay I have  Remember Me which I downloaded it last night. Going to play it as soon I get home. But I was reading a few reviews amd this struck me as odd.

IGN gave the game a 5.9 score located hereIGN(America), I didn't bother reading it because I though another IGN wacko doing his job. Than I read another IGN review but got a different score, an 8.5 which is Excellent. However this IGN is from Italy, located hereIGN(Italia).

Sorry but I have to say that this blows my mind. Is America too harsh on being a critic? I mean some of best films I have watched were from different countries because of the authenticity. I feel ashamed that Americans have this high idea on what is good and what is not?

So please as a gamer, go with your instincts and not shoddy reviewer. They have indoctrinated in the life of Call of Duty. Sorry but I felt I needed to vent my anger.

Thanks,
FreshRevenge

I've been playing Remember Me for quite a bit now (On Episode 4 or something).

It's a fun game, it's just too bad it's not open world.

The combat system is kinda dumb (the whole Pressens thing). Setting up your own combos? And unlocking more skills just gives you the same result, it just looks different.

And the 

Spoiler
altering people's memories part is quite monotonous. While cool, they make you do the same stuff over and over just to produce the "correct" result.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 23 (293 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3947 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 4, 2013

Doppelgangergang wrote:
I don't trust game reviewers full stop. I pretty much know what game I would like/not like on reading a small blurb about it on the back of the box or watching a bit of it on Youtube.

yeah I saw this game back last year and all I knew was I wanted it. Just sucks that the gaming industry is so reliant on these reviewers?

Thanks,
FreshRevenge

photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 23 (292 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4389 posts

Jun 4, 2013

I've never taken IGNs word before.

If you really want to get different opinions about a game, you go straight to YouTube.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 23 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13981 posts

Jun 4, 2013

I've never used a review to decide whether or not I would purchase a game. Just as Doppel does I independently research the game, using Let's Play's and other resources to make my decision. I do this and I've never brought a game that I haven't liked, gifts are another matter entirely though. Most recent case of a game that was torn to shreds by reviewers, SimCity. However I love the game and spent hours playing it when I first got it. 

To teach is a moment's superiority; not to, everlasting.

Fabulous!
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 23 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1473 posts

Jun 4, 2013
Well the first step is to understand that reviews are just options people get paid to vent/discuss. Once you realize that, then you can go onto not thinking of them as "fact" & being able to generate your own thoughts based on hands-on experience. Whether or not cod is actually a good game is a matter of opinion (even if it's a view commonly shared, it's still nothing more than an opinion), but the fact is that it gets universal high ratings.
"While we're being honest, might I suggest something.

Please put your trophy profile as private, otherwise I might have believed you own a PS4 (thanks for the fake pic though)."

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 23 (246 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11314 posts

Jun 4, 2013

I can still see why they gave it that score.

The game itself is quite short, even on the hardest difficulty. And the points I mentioned before.

Still, there are some positives. The game's graphics are very good quality and the whole concept is intriguing.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 23 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7473 posts

Jun 4, 2013

FreshRevenge wrote:

Doppelgangergang wrote:

yeah I saw this game back last year and all I knew was I wanted it. Just sucks that the gaming industry is so reliant on these reviewers?

Thanks,
FreshRevenge

There was one game for the PS2 that IGN really gave a low score. The reason? It was too challenging. Seriously. I played an beat that game more times than I can count and I can definitely say it's darn difficult, but I enjoyed it. The reviewer was raging on how he died over and over again, how difficult was it to kill enemy this and that, and even concluding that the main problem of the game is "how **bleep** pointlessly difficult it is."

Seriously, bad reviewer. Bad. Ever since then, I made my mind to not trust anyone's professional review on games. And definitely not Metacritic scores which are even worse.

FIVE YEARS ON PLAYSTATION FORUMS

YOUTUBE REVIEWS ~ TROPHIES ~ GAMING YOUTUBE ~ LITTLEBIGPLANET

Bitcoin is nice: 16SVoaaAfWtywpQ9GDqqzfoyGvt21XCB6M
Dogecoin is nice too: DU6DPv41zfqbSwvFz8LKYhVcgLsX85B3My
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 23 (225 Views)
0 Likes