Uncharted Territory
2032 posts

Re: Don't Trust Reviewers Period(They are a Wasted Commodity)

Jun 4, 2013
i've played the resistance burning skies demo, and i love it, im gonna get the game as soon as the price lowers though.
Message 11 of 23 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Jun 4, 2013
Honestly, the most reliable review source is just playing the game for yourself
"While we're being honest, might I suggest something.

Please put your trophy profile as private, otherwise I might have believed you own a PS4 (thanks for the fake pic though)."

Message 12 of 23 (263 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1013 posts

Jun 4, 2013
I don't really go by reviewers for deciding if I'm going to like a game or not. Most of the time I'll go and look for gameplay videos, and if the game catches my attention, I'll try a demo. If I like the demo, I'll buy the game. I go on ign a lot, but it's not for game reviews. It's mainly for console news and events within the companies. The individual game reviews I don't pay attention to.
My PSN
Message 13 of 23 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
350 posts

Jun 4, 2013

TBH, I trust the reviewers more than the companies when they advertise their games. I only go to IGN only when I can't find any reviews about the games I want. but most of the time I check the gameplay on youtube and I like few Reviewers like CGR inecomcompany , CGR Undertow , Angry joe show (this guy saved me from wasting my money on games that really didn't worth buying  when I had my PS3) , and there are few other Reviewers I respect.

Message 14 of 23 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 4, 2013

Reviews are opinions and should be taken as that. Just because my son likes a game doesn't mean I will, and the same if I like a game doesn't mean he will. My Wife only likes puzzle games. Does that mean I should only like puzzle games. No.

What's this about, "I feel ashamed that Americans have this high idea on what is good and what is not?" People are different, and there will be people that don't like this game or that game.

Why do you automatically think the higher score is right? You said yourself, "Going to play it as soon I get home." So how do you know which is right? That's right, you don't. Sorry, not trying to be rude, but if you haven't played it then you don't. Go play the game and then form your own opinion.

Also, like others have said, "I look at a game before it comes out and can figure out if it's something I'll personally like." Heck, I can even tell if it's something my boys will like sometimes even before they do. I know their preferences.

So when a game comes out I'm interested in, I'll watch some youtube and search the forums to see if there are any game breaking issues with the game.

And like the_ed_85 said, try the demo if available.

Peace and Good Gaming. Hope you enjoy your game.

Message 15 of 23 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

Jun 4, 2013

socom69 wrote:
Honestly, the most reliable review source is just playing the game for yourself

Boom. Nailed it.

I've loved low-scored games and disliked high-scored games. A review is someone else's opinion, and opinion's vary.

I don't let reviews guide my wallet. If it is something that sounds interesting -- I will play it. Regardless of it's reputation.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 16 of 23 (238 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34135 posts

Jun 4, 2013

reviewers are people just like everyone else, their opinions differ. its best not to just look at one review and base your own judgment off it. look at multiple ones or look at Metacritic for a consensus score.

Message 17 of 23 (223 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1013 posts

Jun 5, 2013
There are some games that got terrible reviews (FFXIII for example) that I loved from beginning to end. Reviewers give their own opinion on games. Of course, these opinions can be completely different from your own. One thing I don't like so much about reviewers is that they push multiplayer so strongly that they sometimes miss the key parts of the single player mode that make the game amazingly fun.
My PSN
Message 18 of 23 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Jun 5, 2013
I know that, i always tell that to everyone but nobody ever listened!
Message 19 of 23 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3317 posts

Jun 5, 2013

I never listen to "professional" reviewers. Yes, I put "professional" in quotes because they don't deserve that title.

Twitter: @XenokingX
Message 20 of 23 (195 Views)
0 Likes