PlayStation MVP
13890 posts

Re: 'Duck Dynasty's' Phil Robertson on Indefinite Hiatus Following Anti-Gay Remarks

Dec 19, 2013

I agree with you. but I think is a difference between speaking your mind as a nobody, and speaking your mind as a celebrity. if hes going to make comments like that, then he must facethe consequenses, thats how it is. If he had said that people blacks and whites should not be allowed to marry because it isnt "right", then more people would complain, and the principle would be the same. but were talking about a&e The only thing they care aabout is money.

Remember when dog the bounty hunter was taped saying all those racist things? They brought him back. Since most people that want to watch rednecks are conservative, I imagine that his hiatus will be short lived.

Hah, that's very true. I'm not even a fan of the show, I'm just arguing the principle of the matter.

Setzaroth signature

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 236 (273 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4880 posts

Re: 'Duck Dynasty's' Phil Robertson on Indefinite Hiatus Following Anti-Gay Remarks

Dec 19, 2013
"I disagree strongly with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Voltaire

That sums up my take on this subject. The guy was asked his opinion and he answered honestly. Big deal. If people want to boycott A&E in protest, I don't care, although it may be better to boycott GQ for publishing this "hate speech" in the first place. It's not like any of this was being broadcasted by the network.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 236 (271 Views)
Last Guardian
13193 posts

Dec 19, 2013

People are touchy these days regarding anything 'gay' or whatever.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 236 (269 Views)
Gaming Beast
1880 posts

Dec 19, 2013

He says he doesn't agree with homosexuality big whoop. An old, religous, southerner who doesn't agree with homosexuality is anyone really surprised. He has a right to his opinion and there are millions of people who agree with him. It's not like his comment will hurt the show in anyway, I don't think very many gay people watch Duck Dynasty. 

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 236 (254 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11523 posts

Dec 19, 2013

Duck Dynasty shows off their very Christian family and their practices all the time. I doubt the LGBT community even watches it. 

But I think every celebrity should watch their tongues in this new age of "tolerance". Someone posted the quote from Voltaire. THAT is tolerance. Tolerance is not being afraid to have a different opinion or being afraid to tell others of it. It is understanding there are many viewpoints and that you should not enforce your own opinion among them.

"The business of the industry is business"
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 236 (254 Views)
PlayStation MVP
13890 posts

Dec 19, 2013

"Tolerance, unless it offends us, then we won't tolerate it"

-LGBT community.

Setzaroth signature

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 236 (251 Views)
Sackboy
542 posts

Dec 19, 2013
These things sadden me. To me, this is just as ridiculous as Food Network dropping Paula Dean for admitting that she used the n-word 20 years ago. It's utterly insane how sensitive people are allowed to be other than being forced to realize people will think and believe things that may differ from their own thoughts and beliefs.

It's just another sign of how uneducated we are that we can't think outside ourselves.
- Eric

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 236 (246 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
16526 posts

Dec 19, 2013

Offended people that get tv stars suspended over comments that are protected by the first amendment need to grow some balls and take the insults like real men and laugh about it.

If I were phil robertson, I would not apologize for what I said. The real losers are the ones that complain over certain words and terms on tv are the ones who didn't have the ambition to make a career of themselves on tv to say what they want on tv.

photo 683842d5-5deb-4335-8bcb-5b2166398090_zpsafb7b8da.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 236 (229 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6919 posts

Dec 19, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

-LGBT community.

Yeah, they really should be tolerant of intolerance, huh? Makes sense. -_- Besides, stop putting words in people’s mouths. I'm gay and if he wants to state his opinions because he was ASKED about it, then that is fine. He has the right to state his opinions and not be bullied by GLAAD and A&E into changing them like so many people have been already. It is just one person’s opinion, and it shouldn't bother you unless it affects your life some way or another. Until then, who cares?

Some people are too sensitive.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 236 (224 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13890 posts

Dec 19, 2013

Corruptedechoes wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

-LGBT community.

Yeah, they really should be tolerant of intolerance, huh? Makes sense. -_- Besides, stop putting words in people’s mouths. I'm gay and if he wants to state his opinions because he was ASKED about it, then that is fine. He has the right to state his opinions and not be bullied by GLAAD and A&E into changing them like so many people have been already. It is just one person’s opinion, and it shouldn't bother you unless it affects your life some way or another. Until then, who cares?

Some people are too sensitive.

I'm not putting anything in anyone's mouth. :smileyindifferent:

That is the message that is being sent when things like this happen, simple as that.

Setzaroth signature

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 236 (215 Views)