Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Re: 'Duck Dynasty's' Phil Robertson on Indefinite Hiatus Following Anti-Gay Remarks

Dec 19, 2013
Lock the thread anyways. This was just a media stunt and all about ratings.

They want people to watch the show even more, all they care about is money. Lock it because it will eventually run its course.

I can't stand the show myself. You are only supporting that family, makking them richer and richer.
Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 236 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5829 posts

Re: 'Duck Dynasty's' Phil Robertson on Indefinite Hiatus Following Anti-Gay Remarks

Dec 19, 2013
He should file a suit for religious discrimination and breach of contract. Solid open and close.

They put him on suspension for doing the same thing in life that A&E themselves ask him to do at the end of every single episode in the series, which is express his religious beliefs.
Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 236 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2487 posts

Dec 19, 2013

GOW71 wrote:

I find it odd that people still use religion to justify their stance on homosexuality. It has nothing to do with religion, it has nothing to do with choice.  It's part of you who you are at the DNA level. To say "well I believe being gay is wrong" when it isn't a choice at all of those who are... in my eyes it is extremely similar to racisim. Which Im fairly confident the majority of folks would agree is wrong.

Really now? Do you have a source I could see?

GOW71 wrote:
In my humble opinion a "belief" that is clearly debunked by fact has no place in matters of opinion.

I don't see how it's "clearly debunked". There's numerous apologetic debates on it still.

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 236 (163 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
48434 posts

Dec 19, 2013

buckallmighty wrote:
He should file a suit for religious discrimination and breach of contract. Solid open and close.

They put him on suspension for doing the same thing in life that A&E themselves ask him to do at the end of every single episode in the series, which is express his religious beliefs.

Actually A and E asked them to not do the prayer and the entire family said "No Prayer, no show"  

I read about it and now I cant find the article for you :smileysad:  Sorry man. 

However you do have a point on both religious discrimination and breach of contract!

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 236 (153 Views)
Fender Bender
3825 posts

Dec 19, 2013

I lol'ed at the comments

KZMProductionsGT
Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 236 (146 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1003 posts

Dec 19, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

Those quotes don't read like a joke to me. Saying someone's lifestyle isn't "Right" because of who they choose to sleep with seems pretty hateful to me. 

As for his punishment, he represents A&E as long as he has a TV Show under contract with them just like we represent our employers out in public. His comments draw negative attention to himself, his TV show and through that, his bosses (A&E). They're trying to save face, instead of appearing as Anti-Gay sympathizers. The guy simply should have chosen his words more wisely. 

Nobody said they were a joke. ( I was talking about the state of the media as a whole if that's what you're referring)

But saying something isn't "right" doesn't make it "hate" either.

I mean really. Who do these people think they are? Getting up in arms and saying he should be suspended for speaking his mind? The world we live in is so backwards, where you have to censor yourself so you don't get on the bad side of a vocal minority.

How...sad. Though I suppose you're right, I mean it WAS a GQ interview... HA, who reads that after all? Gays and women primarily. He should have known better.

The issue isn't that he thinks its not right, its the fact that he compared homosexuality to bestiality. That statement changes the playing field and takes the comments to another level.

Though Phil has the right to say what he feels, A&E sets its own standards for what it expects from its employees.  It did the right thing when it gave phil this Indefinite Hiatus, and the LGBT community has the right to comdem his comments as a hateful andt-gay slur.

The world is far from backworks.  The US government and big banks, the rich-poor divide constandly growing, syria, north korea, these things are the relic of a backwards world.  People defending themselves from hateful and hurtful speech is a step in the right direction of ridding the world and backwards thinkers like Phil Robertson.

doc shady signature
Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 236 (142 Views)
Fender Bender
3825 posts

Dec 19, 2013

But on the other hand what did A&E expect when they film a southern christian family, how are they not surprised by this?

KZMProductionsGT
Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 236 (138 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Dec 19, 2013
This was all scripted people Lol

They are making money, as we speak of this. Lol. Kill the thread please!
Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 236 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5829 posts

Dec 19, 2013
Didn't know that ^^Pilgrim, thanks. I am not a big fan of the show myself, i watch it here and there though with a few friends that are really big on it. I am more of a fictional reality type of guy.

Either way tho they shouldn't be allowed to suspend him for doing something that he does in every episode, unless there is a claus in the contract for such a situation, which i doubt very seriously there is. At the end of the day, if the gay community has that big of an issue with Phil's beliefs to justify a man losing his job for simply speaking them out loud, then with all due respect to their personal beliefs, maybe they should just stop tuning in early to watch naked and afraid.
Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 236 (129 Views)
Sackboy
471 posts

Dec 19, 2013

rramsdell wrote:

This was all scripted people Lol

They are making money, as we speak of this. Lol. Kill the thread please!

Your probobly right. I think all reality tv is scripted, hell, I know it is.

Its funny that his comment was right in line with what the veiwership of that show also believe.

And he gets "punished" for it.

I do believe that this was a planned event meant to increase veiwership by both fans and people who are looking for sensationalism.

photo pistolstarsig1_zps4f1a9f6d.png
Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 236 (123 Views)
0 Likes