Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/11/2004
Offline
6919 posts
 

Re: 'Duck Dynasty's' Phil Robertson on Indefinite Hiatus Following Anti-Gay Remarks

Dec 19, 2013

There's a BIG difference between 'free speech' and 'hate speech.' It's subjective to the person if they think what he said was hate speech or not. Apparently, many view it as hate speech. He did compare homosexuality to that of beastiality. Besides, this coming from a man who makes whistles to trick ducks into thinking men want to mate with them?

 

And also, wasn't it this guy who was arrested for beating women just awhile ago?


Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 236 (212 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 11/13/2013
Offline
463 posts
 

Re: 'Duck Dynasty's' Phil Robertson on Indefinite Hiatus Following Anti-Gay Remarks

Dec 19, 2013

Corruptedechoes wrote:

There's a BIG difference between 'free speech' and 'hate speech.' It's subjective to the person if they think what he said was hate speech or not. Apparently, many view it as hate speech. He did compare homosexuality to that of beastiality. Besides, this coming from a man who makes whistles to trick ducks into thinking men want to mate with them?

 

And also, wasn't it this guy who was arrested for beating women just awhile ago?


Is there a difference?  As I recall, the Klan still holds rallies in  towns and the police have to set up barricades to protect them.

 

And what of the bestiality comment? Are you saying that being attracted to animals is less than, or not as good as homosexuality? That sounds like discrimination to me.

 photo pistolstarsig1_zps4f1a9f6d.png
Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 236 (202 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 10/02/2008
Online
11625 posts
 

Re: 'Duck Dynasty's' Phil Robertson on Indefinite Hiatus Following Anti-Gay Remarks

Dec 19, 2013

Ughhh...people need to look past cultural Christianity. I posted this in a thread similar to the topic, so I will summarize it.'

 

The Bible never says homosexuality makes you sinful. It never says homosexuality is a sin. It says that sex between males and sex between females is sinful. Meaning the act of engaging in intercourse. Lying with a another man. Homosexual "offenders". These are all talking about acting on desires. If you want to talk what the Bible says, it just talks about the sex. The rest is up to interpretation. 

 

The bigger problem here is that intolerance is being flung both ways without noticing the hypocrisy. 


"The business of the industry is business"
Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 236 (188 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 05/09/2005
Online
16548 posts
 

Re: 'Duck Dynasty's' Phil Robertson on Indefinite Hiatus Following Anti-Gay Remarks

Dec 19, 2013

bob-maul wrote:

Ughhh...people need to look past cultural Christianity. I posted this in a thread similar to the topic, so I will summarize it.'

 

The Bible never says homosexuality makes you sinful. It never says homosexuality is a sin. It says that sex between males and sex between females is sinful. Meaning the act of engaging in intercourse. Lying with a another man. Homosexual "offenders". These are all talking about acting on desires. If you want to talk what the Bible says, it just talks about the sex. The rest is up to interpretation. 

 

The bigger problem here is that intolerance is being flung both ways without noticing the hypocrisy. 

 

Please don't take bible translations out of context.


statistically speaking, christianity is the all time most persecuted religion in the entire history of human civilization.

I referenced Leviticus 18:22 earlier. It says that you shall not lie with another man as you would with another woman. It is an abomination. All the additional translations of this chaper all say the same thing, but with different wording but meaning the same thing.

 

This is the translation from the King James version, "Thou shalt not lie with mankind as with womankind: it is abomination."

 photo 683842d5-5deb-4335-8bcb-5b2166398090_zpsafb7b8da.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 236 (182 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/11/2004
Offline
6919 posts
 

Re: 'Duck Dynasty's' Phil Robertson on Indefinite Hiatus Following Anti-Gay Remarks

Dec 19, 2013

PlSTOL_STAR wrote:

Corruptedechoes wrote:

There's a BIG difference between 'free speech' and 'hate speech.' It's subjective to the person if they think what he said was hate speech or not. Apparently, many view it as hate speech. He did compare homosexuality to that of beastiality. Besides, this coming from a man who makes whistles to trick ducks into thinking men want to mate with them?

 

And also, wasn't it this guy who was arrested for beating women just awhile ago?


Is there a difference?  As I recall, the Klan still holds rallies in  towns and the police have to set up barricades to protect them.

 

And what of the bestiality comment? Are you saying that being attracted to animals is less than, or not as good as homosexuality? That sounds like discrimination to me.


He also put gay people in same category as terrorists. And don't even start with that. Like animals all you want, but it's not relatable to homosexuality.


Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 236 (169 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/02/2009
Offline
6345 posts
 

Re: 'Duck Dynasty's' Phil Robertson on Indefinite Hiatus Following Anti-Gay Remarks

Dec 19, 2013

hwhunt13 wrote:

Offended people that get tv stars suspended over comments that are protected by the first amendment need to grow some balls and take the insults like real men and laugh about it.

If I were phil robertson, I would not apologize for what I said. The real losers are the ones that complain over certain words and terms on tv are the ones who didn't have the ambition to make a career of themselves on tv to say what they want on tv.


He's on contract and on tv or  interview. you cant do that.  it reflects his employers.  it has nothing to do freedom speech. what he said  reflects  his  employers in bad light.. his words and action make them money, he is contract stating that he does.

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 236 (167 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 05/24/2009
Online
13927 posts
 

Re: 'Duck Dynasty's' Phil Robertson on Indefinite Hiatus Following Anti-Gay Remarks

Dec 20, 2013


The issue isn't that he thinks its not right, its the fact that he compared homosexuality to bestiality. That statement changes the playing field and takes the comments to another level.

 

Though Phil has the right to say what he feels, A&E sets its own standards for what it expects from its employees.  It did the right thing when it gave phil this Indefinite Hiatus, and the LGBT community has the right to comdem his comments as a hateful andt-gay slur.

 

The world is far from backworks.  The US government and big banks, the rich-poor divide constandly growing, syria, north korea, these things are the relic of a backwards world.  People defending themselves from hateful and hurtful speech is a step in the right direction of ridding the world and backwards thinkers like Phil Robertson.


No he didn't

 

Then I have the right to condemn the LGBT community for anti-christian views right? Or does "tolerance" only swing one way? (ironically)

 

LOL

 

He wasn't attacking anyone, these people are on the edge of their proverbial seats just WAITING for a reason to pull crap like this. 


Setzaroth signature

Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 236 (150 Views)
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 05/24/2009
Online
13927 posts
 

Re: 'Duck Dynasty's' Phil Robertson on Indefinite Hiatus Following Anti-Gay Remarks

Dec 20, 2013

rramsdell wrote:
This was all scripted people Lol

They are making money, as we speak of this. Lol. Kill the thread please!

Shut...up

 

 


Setzaroth signature

Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 236 (150 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 10/08/2009
Offline
4880 posts
 

Re: 'Duck Dynasty's' Phil Robertson on Indefinite Hiatus Following Anti-Gay Remarks

Dec 20, 2013

hwhunt13 wrote:

statistically speaking, christianity is the all time most persecuted religion in the entire history of human civilization.



 

And what statistic would that be?

 

Wouldn't it stand to reason that the most persecuted religion title would belong to one of the many religions that were persecuted out of existence?

 

Also, Christians need to be persecuted, don't they? To suffer for their beliefs makes them more like their namesake. I kinda wish some of these persecuted Christians of today could get a brief taste of what religious persecution used to be. Being crucified or eaten by a lion is certainly a bit more serious than children not being allowed to pray in school or the Ten Commandments being removed from a government building.

Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 236 (147 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 11/13/2013
Offline
463 posts
 

Re: 'Duck Dynasty's' Phil Robertson on Indefinite Hiatus Following Anti-Gay Remarks

Dec 20, 2013

Corruptedechoes wrote:

PlSTOL_STAR wrote:

Corruptedechoes wrote:

There's a BIG difference between 'free speech' and 'hate speech.' It's subjective to the person if they think what he said was hate speech or not. Apparently, many view it as hate speech. He did compare homosexuality to that of beastiality. Besides, this coming from a man who makes whistles to trick ducks into thinking men want to mate with them?

 

And also, wasn't it this guy who was arrested for beating women just awhile ago?


Is there a difference?  As I recall, the Klan still holds rallies in  towns and the police have to set up barricades to protect them.

 

And what of the bestiality comment? Are you saying that being attracted to animals is less than, or not as good as homosexuality? That sounds like discrimination to me.


He also put gay people in same category as terrorists. And don't even start with that. Like animals all you want, but it's not relatable to homosexuality.


Interesting. Its not relatable to homosexuality. But heterosexuality, and homosexuality,  those are relatable. Hmmm. i disagree.

I do believe that they are indeed relatable. How? Well because, the person who has a desire for sexuality with animals was born that way. In other words its not a choice for them. Maybe its a gentic predisposition, but those people shouldn't be left out of the gay/straight equality debate. Why is it that when other sexuality is discussed,  the gay a lesbian community try to distance themselves from it?

Is it because these sexual practices are often considered a mental affliction?

 photo pistolstarsig1_zps4f1a9f6d.png
Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 236 (145 Views)
Reply
0 Likes