Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
13312 posts

Re: 'Duck Dynasty's' Phil Robertson on Indefinite Hiatus Following Anti-Gay Remarks

Dec 20, 2013

taker-77 wrote:
Wait, so by your own admission, the Jews have suffered longer, but you still claim that Christianity is the the most persecuted? How do you explain that? I could go along with the idea that the Judaism is the most persecuted religion I suppose, but not Christianity.

Also, John the Baptist wasn't a Christian and Joan of Arc was burned at the stake by Christians so I don't think those really count.

I would definitely say Christianity is up there for most persecuted. Jews have had it rough, however. Especially at the hands of many Christian groups. But Rome was killing them for 200 years. And, outside Europe, Christianity is on the rise. And many groups are not happy with that. Muslims, anti-west governments, etc. Even the Soviets hunted down Christians.

Welcoming Committee Twitter
Message 71 of 236 (299 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6923 posts

Re: 'Duck Dynasty's' Phil Robertson on Indefinite Hiatus Following Anti-Gay Remarks

Dec 20, 2013

Winscar_Shinobi wrote:
He's not being punished for saying what he thinks, he was signed on to a show that had a message they wanted to promote (that rednecks are interesting or something), he started saying things, which is his right, but they disagreed with the message that the network was trying to say so they cut him, which is their right.

^ quote from a friend. He is better at wording than me lol.

Truth. He has a right to say what he believes, but A&E has the right to who they have represent their network. The fact that this story goes any deeper than this is absurd.

Message 72 of 236 (296 Views)
Survivor
2496 posts

Dec 20, 2013

far-zan wrote:

DarthDanMan wrote:

GOW71 wrote:

I find it odd that people still use religion to justify their stance on homosexuality. It has nothing to do with religion, it has nothing to do with choice.  It's part of you who you are at the DNA level. To say "well I believe being gay is wrong" when it isn't a choice at all of those who are... in my eyes it is extremely similar to racisim. Which Im fairly confident the majority of folks would agree is wrong.

Really now? Do you have a source I could see?

The latest research acutally says that it has to do with the hormones that reach the brain during fetal development. Regardless, being gay isn't a choice.

Could I still see a source if it's online?

Message 73 of 236 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
588 posts

Dec 20, 2013

DarthDanMan wrote:

far-zan wrote:

DarthDanMan wrote:

GOW71 wrote:

I find it odd that people still use religion to justify their stance on homosexuality. It has nothing to do with religion, it has nothing to do with choice.  It's part of you who you are at the DNA level. To say "well I believe being gay is wrong" when it isn't a choice at all of those who are... in my eyes it is extremely similar to racisim. Which Im fairly confident the majority of folks would agree is wrong.

The latest research acutally says that it has to do with the hormones that reach the brain during fetal development. Regardless, being gay isn't a choice.

I think he is mistaken. The 'research' in question was in regards to why transgender people decide to swap sexes. I read the article in the New England Journal of Medicine a few months back. Its still a theory because there is no scientific evidence that higher or lower levels of hormones contribute one way or the other to a person being transgender. For years women who were considered 'high risk' pregnancies were fed hormones and there is no proven link to their kids being gay or transgender. 

Personally I consider the theory nothing more then junk science. Just special interest groups trying to beef up their research budgets. Being gay or transgender is genetic (IMO).

Message 74 of 236 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Dec 20, 2013

DarthDanMan wrote:

far-zan wrote:

DarthDanMan wrote:

GOW71 wrote:

I normally don't find someone a legitimate source, I've done the work and form my opinions on matters from my study of them and I usually tell folks to look it up themselves. However because I know and love you Darth... here's a good start: http://www.jstor.org/stable/pdfplus/10.1086/668167.pdf?acceptTC=true& The rest is up to you.

Message 75 of 236 (277 Views)
Wastelander
729 posts

Dec 20, 2013

To put it succinctly....

Wonka duck.jpg

Photobucket
Message 76 of 236 (275 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Dec 20, 2013

This was interesting and related to the discussion and thought you guys may be interested in it: http://www.forwardprogressives.com/let-me-explain-freedom-of-speech-to-all-the-phil-robertson-duck-d...

Message 77 of 236 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
549 posts

Dec 20, 2013

Litsa_Kardassis wrote:

Difference between bestiality and homosexuality is homosexuality is between two consenting people where as the animal is not consenting in any way and even if so we have no way to prove it.

Bestiality is grouped under animal abuse. Not as a sexual preference. Homosexuality is in fact between two agreeing people and in no way harms anyone involved.

Also if I may chime in. I think homosexuality is something you are either born with or not but I also believe sexuality can be formed by the way you grow up. Not saying you were raised and forced to be a way but as something you can evolve to like such can be said for anything around you like movies, music, even tastes in women can change as well. I however, do not think its something people do "just because."

But anyways, homosexuality is fine. Who honestly cares? Can anyone tell me how promoting hate towards them helps anyone? Can someone please provide a serious answer as to why homosexuality is a bad thing WITHOUT bringing up religious views?

Also when you represent a company, you have to be careful what you say and do. Since this is a Playstation forum I figured you'd understand that with Kevin Butler and all.

I was waiting for Corrupted to bring this up actually, but he didnt. Yes, homosexuality is between two consenting people.

But im the king of hypotheticals, So let me propose a senario for you:

Lets say, that the person in question has never had sexual contact with anybody, they just have strong sexual desires for it, ok? Litsa, lets say your neighbor can oly achieve orgasm by looking at animal planet or the adds for babys r us.

This person has never had sex with an animal, or molested a child respectivley, but they are unashamed of their preference, and in fact, just like others seek approval and validation because of their difference. Would you harbour  no ill will towards this person? Would you validate them? 

because thats what this is about. duck dynasty guy didnt say that we need to send gay people to a concentration camp, he implied that he hated it and  thought it was gross and compared it to other things including, bestiality, which you must agree is something that your born with a predisposition for. Buuuut, orgs like glaad dont want you to just "tolerate" anymore. They want acceptance and validation. You cant say i dont agree with homosexuality its gross. The only answer they want is "i accept homosexuality as equal to heterosexuality and i applaud you" Soooooo would you? would you validate your neighbors sexual preference if they were not straight, and not gay either? If your neighbor had not broken the law, ie had never raped an animal or a child, would you have any reason to discriminate against them?

Would you feel comfortable around them? Would you fight for them to have more rights? more equality? If a confessed pedophile promised to never ever molest a child, could they adopt children? can bestiality guy babysit your dog? would you not have any prejedice towards them?

This situation stems from people wanting to control what people think about them, at least to the point that you just shut up about it, and its wrong. Its as wrong as gay people being denied rights. In Hollywood you HAVE to be pro gay to have a chance at working. Name one celebrity who thinks homosexuality is bad. i cant think of anybody in recent memory. But thats what this is about, and its a double standard too. I mean if Ru Paul said anti Christian things on Drag race, no Christian group is going to demand that Ru Paul be removed from his show. It wouldnt make the news. 

Heres another example. this priest just got in trouble, should he have?

http://news.msn.com/us/pa-pastor-defrocked-after-performing-gay-wedding?ocid=ansnews11

photo pistolstarsig1_zps4f1a9f6d.png
Message 78 of 236 (255 Views)
PlayStation MVP
49161 posts

Dec 20, 2013

Litsa_Kardassis wrote:

Difference between bestiality and homosexuality is homosexuality is between two consenting people where as the animal is not consenting in any way and even if so we have no way to prove it.

Bestiality is grouped under animal abuse. Not as a sexual preference. Homosexuality is in fact between two agreeing people and in no way harms anyone involved.

Also if I may chime in. I think homosexuality is something you are either born with or not but I also believe sexuality can be formed by the way you grow up. Not saying you were raised and forced to be a way but as something you can evolve to like such can be said for anything around you like movies, music, even tastes in women can change as well. I however, do not think its something people do "just because."

But anyways, homosexuality is fine. Who honestly cares? Can anyone tell me how promoting hate towards them helps anyone? Can someone please provide a serious answer as to why homosexuality is a bad thing WITHOUT bringing up religious views?

Also when you represent a company, you have to be careful what you say and do. Since this is a Playstation forum I figured you'd understand that with Kevin Butler and all.

He didn't compare homosexuality to beastiality.  Re read the comment.  He called homosexuality a sin then went on to list other sins such as beastiality, out of wedlock sex, and sex with mulitple partners.

Just wanted to clarify that misconception i've seen around.  

Message 79 of 236 (252 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
17199 posts

Dec 20, 2013

bob-maul wrote:

hwhunt13 wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

Ughhh...people need to look past cultural Christianity. I posted this in a thread similar to the topic, so I will summarize it.'

The Bible never says homosexuality makes you sinful. It never says homosexuality is a sin. It says that sex between males and sex between females is sinful. Meaning the act of engaging in intercourse. Lying with a another man. Homosexual "offenders". These are all talking about acting on desires. If you want to talk what the Bible says, it just talks about the sex. The rest is up to interpretation. 

The bigger problem here is that intolerance is being flung both ways without noticing the hypocrisy. 

Please don't take bible translations out of context.

statistically speaking, christianity is the all time most persecuted religion in the entire history of human civilization.

I referenced Leviticus 18:22 earlier. It says that you shall not lie with another man as you would with another woman. It is an abomination. All the additional translations of this chaper all say the same thing, but with different wording but meaning the same thing.

This is the translation from the King James version, "Thou shalt not lie with mankind as with womankind: it is abomination."

I referenced that. The Bible condemns homosexual sex. That verse says nothing of homosexual attraction. Just the sex.

You will want to read up on the story of Sodom which is in Chapter 19 of the book of genesis. It addresses homosexual attraction.

photo 683842d5-5deb-4335-8bcb-5b2166398090_zpsafb7b8da.jpg
Message 80 of 236 (246 Views)
0 Likes