Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Survivor
1840 posts

Re: 'Duck Dynasty's' Phil Robertson on Indefinite Hiatus Following Anti-Gay Remarks

Dec 21, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

hwhunt13 wrote:

ccrogers15 wrote:

GOW71 wrote:

I find it odd that people still use religion to justify their stance on homosexuality. It has nothing to do with religion, it has nothing to do with choice.  It's part of you who you are at the DNA level. To say "well I believe being gay is wrong" when it isn't a choice at all of those who are... in my eyes it is extremely similar to racisim. Which Im fairly confident the majority of folks would agree is wrong.

I find it all hypocritical with them people. They sit there and CONSTANTLY berate, flame and harrass us gays, yet, they apparantly say god sends people to hell for hating and being rude to people. Lol K.

I am not at all a religious person, but I know of the 7 deadly sins and what they do to homosexuals counts as Greed, Wrath, and Pride. 
They are greedy for saying gays can't live their own lives, they have wrath for harrassing and attacking gays and they have pride for thinking they are better than gays.

Hypocritical? Yes. Maybe they should take a minute to re-read their precious bible.

Leviticus 18:22

It detests homosexuality.

What Phil Roberston said reminded me of a verse from the bible, I had to google to find it as its been years since I read that book.

Corinthians 6:9-10 - "Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God." (NIV).

While the scripture may sound clear, the debate actually surrounds the use of the Greek word that this particular version of the Bible translates as "homosexual offenders." The term is "arsenokoite." Some say that it is a reference to male prostitutes rather than to two committed homosexuals. Yet, others argue that Paul, who wrote the passage, would not have repeated "male prostitutes" twice.

So if I read you right.

Gays are not the only groups you are told to hate?

ok, Doc's out. I'v read enough.

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 101 of 236 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4895 posts

Re: 'Duck Dynasty's' Phil Robertson on Indefinite Hiatus Following Anti-Gay Remarks

Dec 21, 2013
Before I start, I'd like to say: I don't care if gay people are allowed get married in the future. Good for them.

But you people on here that stick up for the gay community, then bash religion or political beliefs, how are you any different than someone who doesn't support gays?

That's not a rhetorical question. I'd like an answer.

You tell people to support gay marriage or you freak out when someone says they don't. Yet you're the same people that destroy others' beliefs. Does this not sound **bleep** hypocritical to you? Where's the common **bleep** sense people?

So many hypocritical people shoving their beliefs but shunning and attacking others.

Consider this my departure from Off Topic.
 photo nightcrawlerf_zpsmmcb864d.gif
Message 102 of 236 (168 Views)
Sackboy
549 posts

Dec 21, 2013
@NikeMurphDawg: Your point is very valid. Societies concept of tolerance is way off the mark these days and usually one sided. As they say "common senses isn't that common."
- Eric

Message 103 of 236 (161 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
12877 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 23, 2013

Dr_Do-Little wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

hwhunt13 wrote:

ccrogers15 wrote:

GOW71 wrote:

I find it odd that people still use religion to justify their stance on homosexuality. It has nothing to do with religion, it has nothing to do with choice.  It's part of you who you are at the DNA level. To say "well I believe being gay is wrong" when it isn't a choice at all of those who are... in my eyes it is extremely similar to racisim. Which Im fairly confident the majority of folks would agree is wrong.

I find it all hypocritical with them people. They sit there and CONSTANTLY berate, flame and harrass us gays, yet, they apparantly say god sends people to hell for hating and being rude to people. Lol K.

I am not at all a religious person, but I know of the 7 deadly sins and what they do to homosexuals counts as Greed, Wrath, and Pride. 
They are greedy for saying gays can't live their own lives, they have wrath for harrassing and attacking gays and they have pride for thinking they are better than gays.

Hypocritical? Yes. Maybe they should take a minute to re-read their precious bible.

What Phil Roberston said reminded me of a verse from the bible, I had to google to find it as its been years since I read that book.

Corinthians 6:9-10 - "Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God." (NIV).

While the scripture may sound clear, the debate actually surrounds the use of the Greek word that this particular version of the Bible translates as "homosexual offenders." The term is "arsenokoite." Some say that it is a reference to male prostitutes rather than to two committed homosexuals. Yet, others argue that Paul, who wrote the passage, would not have repeated "male prostitutes" twice.

So if I read you right.

Read the context before jumping to conslusions. Verse 11: And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justifiedin the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

It says that you can be redeemed for whatever you do. I see absolutely nothing in the Pauline letter that says to hate others for sin. 

Welcoming Committee Twitter
Message 104 of 236 (124 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
48888 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 23, 2013

Dr_Do-Little wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

hwhunt13 wrote:

So if I read you right.

"You are told to hate"???  1)  I don't hate anyone and 2) I don't follow a religion.  

Now that I cleared that up...........the bible, the holy book of the man whom the thread was titled after, tells people that having homosexual sex will make you not get into heaven.   To split hairs the book doesn't say you can't be gay, it just says you can't act on it sexually.  It also lists TONS of other things like greed, gluttony, sloth, envy, stealing, murdering, and more as sins that will prevent you from getting into heaven.  

He was asked what his views were and he repeated what the views of himself and his religious texts state.    He has a right to believe this under the 1st ammendment and also has the right to state this under the first ammendment while A&E has a right to ask him to leave the show over it.   

Message 105 of 236 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Dec 23, 2013

GOW71 wrote:

DarthDanMan wrote:

far-zan wrote:

DarthDanMan wrote:

GOW71 wrote:

Really now? Do you have a source I could see?

The latest research acutally says that it has to do with the hormones that reach the brain during fetal development. Regardless, being gay isn't a choice.

Could I still see a source if it's online?

I normally don't find someone a legitimate source, I've done the work and form my opinions on matters from my study of them and I usually tell folks to look it up themselves. However because I know and love you Darth... here's a good start: http://www.jstor.org/stable/pdfplus/10.1086/668167.pdf?acceptTC=true& The rest is up to you.

Jeez... asked for it twice and I didn't even get a response when provided. This is why I generally don't bother with citing where I get my informed opinions from. 

Message 106 of 236 (106 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
9674 posts

Dec 23, 2013

Regardless of First Amendment rights, freedom of speech, views on homosexuality, etc., I think the lesson we all learn from this Phil Robertson thing is - if you say something stupid, people will notice. 

Don't say something stupid and people won't care.

Message 107 of 236 (97 Views)
Sackboy
458 posts

Dec 23, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

He was asked what his views were and he repeated what the views of himself and his religious texts state.    He has a right to believe this under the 1st ammendment and also has the right to state this under the first ammendment while A&E has a right to ask him to leave the show over it.   

You know this thread must be pretty bad when PLYMCO_PILGRIM is the voice of reason.

Complete global saturation.
Message 108 of 236 (86 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15640 posts

Dec 23, 2013

KIoey wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

You know this thread must be pretty bad when PLYMCO_PILGRIM is the voice of reason.

Lol, what? PLYMCO_PILGRIM is one of the most level-headed people on here.

Message 109 of 236 (76 Views)
PlayStation MVP
48888 posts

Dec 23, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

KIoey wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Lol, what? PLYMCO_PILGRIM is one of the most level-headed people on here.

Kloey must have had a run in with my other personality :smileytongue:

Message 110 of 236 (73 Views)