Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Re: 'Duck Dynasty's' Phil Robertson on Indefinite Hiatus Following Anti-Gay Remarks

Dec 19, 2013

I find it odd that people still use religion to justify their stance on homosexuality. It has nothing to do with religion, it has nothing to do with choice.  It's part of you who you are at the DNA level. To say "well I believe being gay is wrong" when it isn't a choice at all of those who are... in my eyes it is extremely similar to racisim. Which Im fairly confident the majority of folks would agree is wrong.

Message 31 of 236 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2599 posts

Re: 'Duck Dynasty's' Phil Robertson on Indefinite Hiatus Following Anti-Gay Remarks

[ Edited ]
Dec 19, 2013

GOW71 wrote:

I find it odd that people still use religion to justify their stance on homosexuality. It has nothing to do with religion, it has nothing to do with choice.  It's part of you who you are at the DNA level. To say "well I believe being gay is wrong" when it isn't a choice at all of those who are... in my eyes it is extremely similar to racisim. Which Im fairly confident the majority of folks would agree is wrong.

I find it all hypocritical with them people. They sit there and CONSTANTLY berate, flame and harrass us gays, yet, they apparantly say god sends people to hell for hating and being rude to people. Lol K.

I am not at all a religious person, but I know of the 7 deadly sins and what they do to homosexuals counts as Greed, Wrath, and Pride. 
They are greedy for saying gays can't live their own lives, they have wrath for harrassing and attacking gays and they have pride for thinking they are better than gays.

Hypocritical? Yes. Maybe they should take a minute to re-read their precious bible.

Message 32 of 236 (166 Views)
Platinum
55074 posts

Dec 19, 2013

GOW71 wrote:

I agree. 

However I also think attacking religious people for their religious views on the matter (such as muslims and christians whos holy books say it is a "sin') is just as bad as when people use their religion to attack people for being gay.  Its the same thing.   Its hypocricy to do so in my view.

The way this individual, whom was asked his OPINION on the matter, is being treated is just anothe example of how many people of faith are now treated in america.  This response to remove him from the show rings of fascism and religious bigotry to me.   The man expressed his religion's view on the matter, his religion feels that if you are gay you don't get to go to heaven.  

I don't agree but hey, I'm an American who fought for that man's liberty to follow his religion.    Its not like he is calling for Gays to be rounded up and persecuted or calling for anything negative to happen to them in their day to day lives. 

Message 33 of 236 (165 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

Dec 19, 2013
Great.....a thread that's going to end in a religious debate.
 photo sig_zpsfya567e6.jpg
Message 34 of 236 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Dec 19, 2013

In my humble opinion a "belief" that is clearly debunked by fact has no place in matters of opinion.

Message 35 of 236 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
55074 posts

Dec 19, 2013

NikeMurphDawg wrote:
Great.....a thread that's going to end in a religious debate.

Well it is a thread about how a man's religious views are intolerant of homosexuality and other people's intolerance of his religious views......kinda hard to avoid religion when it is the impetus of the topic Smiley Wink

Message 36 of 236 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13101 posts

Dec 19, 2013
I'm sorry but the 4th paragraph in that article is hilarious
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 37 of 236 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19026 posts

Dec 19, 2013

ccrogers15 wrote:

GOW71 wrote:

I find it all hypocritical with them people. They sit there and CONSTANTLY berate, flame and harrass us gays, yet, they apparantly say god sends people to hell for hating and being rude to people. Lol K.

I am not at all a religious person, but I know of the 7 deadly sins and what they do to homosexuals counts as Greed, Wrath, and Pride. 
They are greedy for saying gays can't live their own lives, they have wrath for harrassing and attacking gays and they have pride for thinking they are better than gays.

Hypocritical? Yes. Maybe they should take a minute to re-read their precious bible.

Leviticus 18:22

It detests homosexuality.

photo 683842d5-5deb-4335-8bcb-5b2166398090_zpsafb7b8da.jpg
Message 38 of 236 (134 Views)
PlayStation Support
6755 posts

Dec 19, 2013

Guys, we normally steer clear of religious and political debate here.... they are difficult conversations to have in real life, let alone a forum.

So please, all I ask is that you keep it respectful. I don't want to have to lock the thread.

Thanks!

Message 39 of 236 (127 Views)
Platinum
55074 posts

Dec 19, 2013

hwhunt13 wrote:

ccrogers15 wrote:

GOW71 wrote:

Leviticus 18:22

It detests homosexuality.

What Phil Roberston said reminded me of a verse from the bible, I had to google to find it as its been years since I read that book.

Corinthians 6:9-10 - "Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God." (NIV).

While the scripture may sound clear, the debate actually surrounds the use of the Greek word that this particular version of the Bible translates as "homosexual offenders." The term is "arsenokoite." Some say that it is a reference to male prostitutes rather than to two committed homosexuals. Yet, others argue that Paul, who wrote the passage, would not have repeated "male prostitutes" twice.

Message 40 of 236 (117 Views)
0 Likes