Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

Re: EA Loses 'Worst Company In America 2014' Contest In First Round

Mar 24, 2014

I'm not sure EA lost anything here. I don't think they would have exactly been bragging if they had won this award three years straight. Smiley LOL

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 11 of 87 (180 Views)
VP of Gaming
34138 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 24, 2014

only reason it lost is because people have been complaining in the past few years that a video game company won and the hosts of the contest were kind of upset that its just being used for fun for by gamers.

wouldnt be surprised if strings were pulled.

the sadest thing about this is that the people at EA will see it and think "oh wow, they didnt vote for us as the worst company this year. we must be doing things right!"

Message 12 of 87 (177 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13577 posts

Mar 24, 2014

Setzaroth wrote:

These companies are charities compared to who should be up there.

Not really. Koch Industries is an example imo of one company who has definitely earned their spot on that list.

smdedspace2.png

Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 13 of 87 (175 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13569 posts

Mar 24, 2014

Box9Missingo wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

Not really. Koch Industries is an example imo of one company who has definitely earned their spot on that list.

Monsanto also deserves to be on this list too. Wath the documentary Food. Inc to learn more about them.

Message 14 of 87 (168 Views)
MVP Support
13577 posts

Mar 24, 2014

ossiecastro5 wrote:

Box9Missingo wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

Monsanto also deserves to be on this list too. Wath the documentary Food. Inc to learn more about them.

Yea they do. Saw that documentary awhile ago. What they're trying to get away with is just shameful. I remember watching a part of it where a guy was sued (iirc) by them for using their seed (the genetically modified corn seed). He wasn't... their seed had blown onto his farm. So it was a 'danged if he did, danged if he didn't' situation.

smdedspace2.png

Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 15 of 87 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Mar 24, 2014

Oh, those 2 ARE on there?

carry on.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 16 of 87 (157 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13577 posts

Mar 24, 2014

Setzaroth wrote:

carry on.

Yea clear as day. Made it to the second round.

As for Koch industries... An example of one of their companies they own, Freedom Industries -- had a chemical spill recently.

Disclaimer: from usatoday.com

That's one good reason why they made the list. They don't claim fault for anything that their own companies have done.

smdedspace2.png

Message 17 of 87 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
432 posts

Mar 24, 2014

I mean come on, we're all gamers here. And some of the corrupt companies you see in videogames... well, Monsanto is a lot like them. They are the worst business of all time and really deserves number one. Oh, and Bank of America should of beaten EA years ago, considering a bank could do a lot more harm to people than a game company. Hope they come second, again.

Message 18 of 87 (132 Views)
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Mar 24, 2014

Box9Missingo wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

carry on.

Yea clear as day. Made it to the second round.

As for Koch industries... An example of one of their companies they own, Freedom Industries -- had a chemical spill recently.

Disclaimer: from usatoday.com

That's one good reason why they made the list. They don't claim fault for anything that their own companies have done.

So it is. I didn't look at the graphic too carefully the first time.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 19 of 87 (127 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4905 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 24, 2014

I sincerely hope that Comcast wins the worst company title. I've had their internet for a couple years and they are an absolutely atrocious company. It takes forever to get someone to answer the phone at their customer support and their representatives are rude and clueless. Comcast also telemarkets their own existing customers incessantly. That's right. I had to actually block Comcast's number to stop the endless early morning phone calls where they try to get me to buy a more expensive plan. They would call me every morning over and over until I would pick up the phone. I actually called a lawyer and I will pursue them in court if they start calling me from another number. I wish only the absolute worst for Comcast.

Note: If anyone's wondering why I still have their internet, it's because it's the fastest internet available in my area and it's a somewhat decent price.

CVS Pharmacy is a close second for me. I worked their a while back and they treat their employees like trash. Management plays games with the schedules, they don't give you jack for raises, they don't hire/schedule enough people so they can save money and then expect their employees to pick up the slack, they try to guilt trip you into not taking breaks, and they "misplace the paperwork" of their employees who try to get on the company's health insurance. The whole environment of that company is cancerous and depressing and the higher ups try to intimidate their employees to "keep them in line."

semajmarc87
My YouTube | My Twitter
210+ Subscribers | 1,500+ Followers
Message 20 of 87 (124 Views)