Ghost of Sparta
13184 posts

Re: Worst Company In America 2014

Mar 26, 2014

YoungBeard wrote:

McDonalds is pretty bad. The way they treat the animals. There was a hidden camera, which recording what the McDonald's slaughterhouse employees were doing to the chicken. They were abusing them as hell...... such as stomping, beating the chickens, etc. I can never eat over there the same way anymore Smiley Mad

There are a few real footage of these types of cruelties..... but I won't post the link. Many of them are just gruesome.

But...I like McFlutty 

*Cries*

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 51 of 87 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13184 posts

Mar 26, 2014

Well. result are in again. 

Facebook beat DirectTV 

http://consumermediallc.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/2014wciabracketsweet16.png

Message 52 of 87 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20306 posts

Mar 26, 2014

al2009man wrote:

Facebook beat DirectTV 

I can only imagine why... Smiley Wink

Message 53 of 87 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13184 posts

Mar 26, 2014

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

al2009man wrote:

Facebook beat DirectTV 

I can only imagine why... Smiley Wink

oh yeah

Message 54 of 87 (115 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30956 posts

Re: EA Loses 'Worst Company In America 2014' Contest In First Round

Mar 26, 2014

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

eagles1990 wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

TDBWID wrote:

I hope McDonalds wins this.

All of their nasty secrets need to be made public.

What secrets?  Smiley Happy

I don't think Wal-Mart should be on the list and I dislike Wal-Mart.  I don't like them because a high percentage of their items are from China and I don't shop there but, as a company, they employ a ton of people and are profitable.

As a former Wal Mart employee, Wal Mart deserves to be on this list for an eternity. Employing a ton of people means nothing when you treat them like cattle. 

Also, after what Comcast just pulled in Philly today, I think they are the clear favorite. Absolutely disgusting. 

What did they do to you as an employee tha qualifies them in this way?   Just curious.  

Where do I begin? I was a cart pusher for them 4 years ago. I just needed money to get to and from my classes, I told them I couldn't work full time, which is at least 34 hours because I was a student so they gave me 33 hours a week, some of which came close to interfering with school and they wouldn't change anything. Then came the work.... They forced me and the others to walk around nonstop 6+ hours straight. Any sign of rest led to them yelling at us and threatening to write us up. This lead to me getting tendonitis in my foot. Even with a medical note from my doctor saying I needed a break every hour or so, they refused to even acknowledge my condition. After that, they paired me with a co-worker who was mentally handicapped so he couldn't operate the machinery used to gather carts, which forced me to walk the entire parking lot of this gigantic Wal-Mart for hours with a bad foot.

The breaking point came when I damaged a nerve in my neck, when I tried to pull a cart that had a wheel stuck in the pavement. When i told them I was hurt, their response was take 5 minutes off and then go back out there. It was then I realized how pointless it is to kill myself for this dead end job. The worst part is that if I wasn't a kid and still covered by my parents insurance, I wouldn't even have been eligible for their insurance and even that only covers the bare minimum. I can't even tell you how great quiting that job felt. Even delivering pizzas for Papa Johns was better than that. 

This is only my story. The old people who greet everyone at the doors get treated even worse. My first day there, I had to fill in for this woman who was at least 80 years old because they forced her to keep working even though she had to use the bathroom. The poor woman was in tears when I got there. Another old lady was forced to stand for hours and couldn't sit on a stool unless she got a doctor's note and some legal note documenting her need to sit down. All of that for a stool. 

Message 55 of 87 (110 Views)
Platinum
55190 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 26, 2014

If I went through what you did I'd be on a vendetta against Wal-Mart the rest of my life! That just isn't right!

I wonder if the corporate office supports that type of behavior by your ex-store management staff?

I was a store manager for 3 different companies in the late 90's and early turn of the millennia and would have never treated my employees like that and if I caught one of my assistant managers doing it there would have been repercussions.  I'm pretty sure if my home office at any of those companies heard an employee's story like yours the store manager would have to answer for it as well.  

I'm a shop manager now (got out of retail years ago, thank god, but the experience helped) and would still never treat my co-workers like that, some people are just jerks.   

Message 56 of 87 (102 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13569 posts

Mar 26, 2014

I wonder if Facebook will be even higher now that they bought the VR.

Message 57 of 87 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10644 posts

Mar 26, 2014
Wow! I figured it was because of having to sing that stupid walmart song. Definitely didn't see that coming.
Message 58 of 87 (94 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Mar 27, 2014

Comcast

Message 59 of 87 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
22635 posts

Mar 27, 2014

i don't see Sony/Playstation on the list..

why is that?

comparing companies that do not related to each other.. Smiley Indifferent

What Are Internet TROLLS ?
To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
****still waiting for The LAST GUARDIAN****
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 60 of 87 (78 Views)
0 Likes