Nov 30 2013
By: MaskedCarrot Monster Hunter 30 posts

EU PS Forum is so much nicer

6 replies 162 views Edited Nov 30, 2013

Im kinda curious as to why the EU Playstation forums are so much nicer and have a much better layout than the US forums?

They actually have seperate forums for the PS3 as opposed to the PS4, which is nice cause someone who owns a PS3 might not want to see all the PS4 stuff dominating the forum like here and vise versa.  In the US forums they just lump everything together.

Also there is a nice popup when you hover over a thread title so you can preview it before going into the thread.

I remember years ago the US forums were much better and had different sub-forums for various things to spread things out, seem like they went a step backwards these days.

http://community.eu.playstation.com  if anyone is curious to have a look who already haven't.

Message 1 of 7 (162 Views)
MVP Support
7623 posts

Re: EU PS Forum is so much nicer

Nov 30, 2013

If there something i really like about the EU forum is that we are allowed to have custom avatars there.

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/user/v1/viewprofilepage/user-id/1274974/tab/bio

KANE-FIRE

Message 2 of 7 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3825 posts

Nov 30, 2013

Oh how I wish for custom avatars

KZMProductionsGT
Message 3 of 7 (149 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
7623 posts

Nov 30, 2013

We used to have the option of using custom avatars.But when the forum was changed like a year or two ago if i was not mistaken they were taken away.The reason for taking the custom avatars away was to supposedly make ourselves more connected to our PSN experience by being more connected our accounts.Or something like that.Next thing we will probably lose is our signatures.

KANE-FIRE

Message 4 of 7 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3825 posts

Nov 30, 2013

how lame -_-

KZMProductionsGT
Message 5 of 7 (127 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 30, 2013

KANE-FIRE wrote:

We used to have the option of using custom avatars.But when the forum was changed like a year or two ago if i was not mistaken they were taken away.The reason for taking the custom avatars away was to supposedly make ourselves more connected to our PSN experience by being more connected our accounts.Or something like that.Next thing we will probably lose is our signatures.

More likely the fear of someone posting inappropriate pics could of been their rational thinking.

()=+++++++++++++++Optimistic Pessimist+++++++++++++++++++++++++=()
Message 6 of 7 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4487 posts

Nov 30, 2013

Both are powered by lithium.

We just have an ugly template.

When we had Jive it all looked so much cleaner and better on the eyes.

YB

Message 7 of 7 (92 Views)
0 Likes