Bold prediction:  Pacers 104 Heat 96.

See ya next year, 'Bron.

Message 11 of 21 (1,086 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5125 posts

Re: Eastern Conference Finals: Indiana vs Miami

Jun 3, 2013
As much as I would like to see the Pacers win, I think the Heat will win this game in double digits.

Hope I'm wrong though.
Message 12 of 21 (1,074 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1006 posts

Jun 4, 2013

So far the Heat are doing pretty good for themselves going into the second half. 

"There are no atheists in the 85th minute" - Teju Cole
Message 13 of 21 (990 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2696 posts

Jun 4, 2013

The "Fix" is in.  David Stern and the "Association" would never allow an Indiana vs. San Antonio NBA Finals.  You already see how many calls are going Miami's way so far.

Juli photo juli6.gif
Message 14 of 21 (984 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2374 posts

Jun 4, 2013
I really hope Indiana wins the series.
Message 15 of 21 (978 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1006 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 4, 2013

dc4daniel wrote:

The "Fix" is in.  David Stern and the "Association" would never allow an Indiana vs. San Antonio NBA Finals.  You already see how many calls are going Miami's way so far.

You think the Heat won based on some calls? The Heat dominated, they attacked the paint and defended much, much better than the previous games. Pacers knew that it was going to be difficult to beat Miami at Home, Miami was just the better team in the end. Props to the Pacers though for making it such a tight series. 

"There are no atheists in the 85th minute" - Teju Cole
Message 16 of 21 (922 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5125 posts

Jun 4, 2013

Heat in 5 or 6 Smiley Sad

Message 17 of 21 (907 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2696 posts

Jun 4, 2013

Nes_Daze wrote:

dc4daniel wrote:

You think the Heat won based on some calls? The Heat dominated, they attacked the paint and defended much, much better than the previous games. Pacers knew that it was going to be difficult to beat Miami at Home, Miami was just the better team in the end. Props to the Pacers though for making it such a tight series. 

I'm not taking anything away from the Heat, I'm just an anti-Lebron guy lol.  The Pacers didn't even show up tonight.  I would bet anything Hibbert gets fouled out if it was a closer game lol.  But at least we get a watchable finals.

Juli photo juli6.gif
Message 18 of 21 (899 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
174 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 4, 2013

Kudos to the Heat, they mopped the floor with the Pacers and dominated them in every area, call it what it was, a lopsided game.  Quite frankly, the Pacers should not have even shown up with that performance, sloppy basketball.  Too lazy with their possesions, too many turnovers, to the point where they couldn't even get shots off.  For a regular season game, that would have been an embarrassing display, for a conference finals game?  Pathetic.  Sorry, that's just how I saw it.  The way the Heat played, they'd have probably won anyway, Wade was back to form and most of their shots were falling, but the Pacers never even threatened.  Were some of the calls going the Heat's way?  Sure, but given the way they handled the ball, who's to say that they really weren't fouling on the majority of the calls?  You don't get the benefit of the doubt when you can't even take care of the basketball.  Horrible game 7, one of the worst I've watched.

The Spurs are a different animal though.  I have a feeling they're going to take care of business.  As good as the Heat can be, the Spurs bring it every single night, they are a model of consistancy.  They won't go to sleep like the Pacers did.  If the Heat aren't in top form, the Spurs will take this series from them.  I have a feeling this series is going to be Tony Parker's coming out party when it comes to making that transition from being a great player to being a superstar.  The X-factor in my eyes will be Duncan.  If he can control the paint, he can control the entire series because the Heat dominate teams by getting to the basket.  You take that aspect of their game away, you make them human.

Should be a fun series to watch regardless.

Message 19 of 21 (367 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10908 posts

Jun 4, 2013
The Pacers pushed the Heat to 7 games. Look for a 5-game series in the Finals. 4 if the Spurs managed to not get rusty with over a week off.
Message 20 of 21 (349 Views)
0 Likes