Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

Re: Favorite Quotes

[ Edited ]
Jul 21, 2013

"In my end is my beginning."

- T.S. Eliot

“I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.”

- Mark Twain

“Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.”

- Confucius

"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes."

- Oscar Wilde

“The thing about smart mother (BLEEP)ers is that sometimes, they sound like crazy mother (BLEEP)ers to stupid mother (BLEEP)ers...”

- Abraham (Robert Kirkman)

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 91 of 1,587 (1,506 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
464 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 21, 2013

Matthewsike1st wrote:

@CradleOfFish:
I've been noticing this since some time, so I'll just come out with it.

What's with you? So many posts of yours seems to attack Christianity or even the belief in God. In case you didn't know, beliefs differ, and if you can't respect the fact that people have opinions that aren't the same as yours OR you feel the need to shove direct attacks towards them than let me break something to you:

Spoiler
Not everyone appreciates it.

And before you bring up the "free speech" argument, you should know where to draw the line between free speech and respecting others' opinions. 

What do you mean "What's with you?" and "shove direct attacks towards them"? I never did any of that. If you are referring to my  first sig, it was in no way disrespecting anyone's belief, it was merely stating my agreement to what Stephen F Roberts said. How is "When you understand why you dismiss other gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours" anti christian? It's simply a well thought out phrase, that never seems to get an answer. When I mentioned beliefs in other gods I also mentioned why a christian can't believe in those gods seems to be OK, but when an Atheist doesn't believe in your god oh no it's an attack on christianity. It's not. When I said "Except for that fact that there is PROOF of brains" is not an attack, but merely a fact to show the fallacy of that brains/god quote, not to say anyone is wrong for believing in god. If you took it as an attack I am sorry, it was not meant to be.

I haven't attacked anyone's beliefs on these forums. If I did, please direct me to where I did it, and if I truly did "attack" a person about the subject, then yes I deserve any comment against me for doing so, but I really try not to and don't believe I did. I could care less if anyone beliefs in god or any god or not. I am an ex-Satanist who is now an Atheist, and like christians who proudly proclaim they are such, that is all I am doing. My stating that fact is not disrespecting anyone's beliefs it's just showing my lack of beliefs. Just because I think god is fiction doesn't mean I am disrespecting anyone's beliefs. I don't see how anyone can get that from my comments. It is the christians who usually attack my non belief in their god, I simply retaliate when that is the case. Sorry you got offended, but my sig nor my comments were any kind of attack on you or any other christian. 

photo giphydgd.gif
"Hey look a PS4 for sale! Quick someone get it before it's sold!!"
Message 92 of 1,587 (1,501 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1473 posts

Jul 21, 2013

"You can tell more about a person by what he says about others than you can by what others say about him"

Audrey Hepburn

AudreyHepburn_8397.jpg

If we took just five minutes, to recognize each others beauty, instead of attacking each other for our differences .............
Ellen Page
Message 93 of 1,587 (1,486 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1747 posts

Jul 21, 2013

CradleOfFish wrote:

Matthewsike1st wrote:

@CradleOfFish:

What's with you? So many posts of yours seems to attack Christianity or even the belief in God. In case you didn't know, beliefs differ, and if you can't respect the fact that people have opinions that aren't the same as yours OR you feel the need to shove direct attacks towards them than let me break something to you:

Spoiler

And before you bring up the "free speech" argument, you should know where to draw the line between free speech and respecting others' opinions. 

What do you mean "What's with you?" and "shove direct attacks towards them"? I never did any of that. If you are referring to my  first sig, it was in no way disrespecting anyone's belief, it was merely stating my agreement to what Stephen F Roberts said. How is "When you understand why you dismiss other gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours" anti christian? It's simply a well thought out phrase, that never seems to get an answer. When I mentioned beliefs in other gods I also mentioned why a christian can't believe in those gods seems to be OK, but when an Atheist doesn't believe in your god oh no it's an attack on christianity. It's not. When I said "Except for that fact that there is PROOF of brains" is not an attack, but merely a fact to show the fallacy of that brains/god quote, not to say anyone is wrong for believing in god. If you took it as an attack I am sorry, it was not meant to be.

I haven't attacked anyone's beliefs on these forums. If I did, please direct me to where I did it, and if I truly did "attack" a person about the subject, then yes I deserve any comment against me for doing so, but I really try not to and don't believe I did. I could care less if anyone beliefs in god or any god or not. I am an ex-Satanist who is now an Atheist, and like christians who proudly proclaim they are such, that is all I am doing. My stating that fact is not disrespecting anyone's beliefs it's just showing my lack of beliefs. Just because I think god is fiction doesn't mean I am disrespecting anyone's beliefs. I don't see how anyone can get that from my comments. It is the christians who usually attack my non belief in their god, I simply retaliate when that is the case. Sorry you got offended, but my sig nor my comments were any kind of attack on you or any other christian. 

There's a difference between promoting one's belief and going against those of others. Now, let's see what you have said:

1. http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Off-Topic-Discussions/What-Music-Are-You-Listening-to-Right-N...

Such things as sensibilities exist.

2.http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Off-Topic-Discussions/Funny-Pictures/m-p/40906645#M5695218

Jokes regarding Christianity. Is that the only thing that makes you laugh?

3. http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Off-Topic-Discussions/Do-you-believe-in-aliens/m-p/40811801#M...

"I used to believe in God and Satan,  then I became smart."

There's just three.

This months old sig image will remain till the end of days.
Message 94 of 1,587 (1,477 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4918 posts

Jul 21, 2013
" Can we all get along?"

- Rodney King
Message 95 of 1,587 (1,475 Views)
Sackboy
464 posts

Jul 21, 2013

Matthewsike1st wrote:

CradleOfFish wrote:

Matthewsike1st wrote:

@CradleOfFish:

Spoiler

There's a difference between promoting one's belief and going against those of others. Now, let's see what you have said:

1. http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Off-Topic-Discussions/What-Music-Are-You-Listening-to-Right-N...

Such things as sensibilities exist.

2.http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Off-Topic-Discussions/Funny-Pictures/m-p/40906645#M5695218

Jokes regarding Christianity. Is that the only thing that makes you laugh?

3. http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Off-Topic-Discussions/Do-you-believe-in-aliens/m-p/40811801#M...

"I used to believe in God and Satan,  then I became smart."

There's just three.

The first two are ridiculous examples. The first is just an awesome music video from an awesome band. It's a VIDEO you don't have to watch if you don't like it. It fits in with that topic of what I was listening to at the time. The second is just jokes, I don't care what the content of the joke is so long as it's funny. If you can't even handle a joke than I don't know what to tell you. The last one, yes I agree, I should not have said it that way, though not literally an attack, just a poor choice of words, it was wrong to basically call those that believe dumb and I apologize for that. But one out of three isn't too shabby, kudos for trying.

photo giphydgd.gif
Message 96 of 1,587 (1,472 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
464 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 21, 2013

Back on topic now...

"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things" — George Carlin

"Just because you got the monkey off your back, doesn't mean the circus has left town" — George Carlin

Another good one from George Carlin but it might be considered offensive to some so just saying, oh and no it does NOT have offensive language nor does it go against this forums policy.

Spoiler
"I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death." — George Carlin 

photo giphydgd.gif
Message 97 of 1,587 (1,470 Views)
Platinum
55402 posts

Jul 25, 2013

PYAWAKITT wrote:

"You can tell more about a person by what he says about others than you can by what others say about him"

Audrey Hepburn

AudreyHepburn_8397.jpg

Awesome Quote! Just reminded me of a quote from a speech that has had huge influence over how I do things.

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better.  The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.   -Theodore Roosevelt

Message 98 of 1,587 (1,440 Views)
MVP Support
14125 posts

Jul 25, 2013

Here's a cool quote from the 1992 indie film called South Central. Very touching quote because a father loved his son and he didn't want him to kill the man who shot him and not follow his father's footsteps into becoming a Deuce member and ending up in jail and making the same mistakes.

Bobby: Jimmie... son... if you hit a man in his face, in time his wounds would heal. And later on, you can apologize to that man. If you steal his goods, later on, you can return those goods, or you can repay him equal value. But if you kill... there is no later on. There is no way to repair it with that man. There is no way to make it right with him or his family. His life is gone forever. You never come back from that.

Ray-Ray... that boy you're holding is my son. My son. I told a man in prison that I would save my son's life, even if it took my life. I'm willing to die here today, Ray... for my boy, because I love him that much. Do you love him? All I want is to give him something that you or I never had  -  a father. You said... out there... that you owed me. All I want is my boy.

[Extends hand out to his son]

Bobby: The court will give you back to me. Then we're going to start this whole thing all over again, and we're going to do it the right way. Okay with you?

[Son nods head in approval]

~ South Central (1992 film)

Playstation Telephone Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am-8:00pm PST (Closed on Saturdays & Sundays)
Customer Service - 1-800-345-7669
Account and Billing Support - 1-877-971-7669
Sony Rewards - 1-888-715-7669
Message 99 of 1,587 (1,433 Views)
I Only Post Everything
923 posts

Jul 25, 2013
"Why do people continualy say horrible things about Christianity,and then become so offended when a Christian defends their religion?"-Jerry Alexander
.................!!!
Message 100 of 1,587 (1,429 Views)