I Only Post Everything
743 posts

Re: First active gay athlete to come out.

Apr 30, 2013
@Double..Im a Christian and i find your ignorance=religion idea just as ignorant as the bigots you seek to discredit.
Please use plain text.
Message 81 of 114 (173 Views)
First Son
21 posts

Apr 30, 2013

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

You guys seriously need to think of the children in this situation. Stop being selfish and think of the children. Theres gay people out there who are allowed to adopt kids !!!!!!

What is the problem with two gay people adopting a child exactly? They aren't physically able to conceive a child themselves, so if they want one, they pretty much have to adopt a child or pay a surrogate to carry a child for them. Would you rather have a child be raised by a loving, caring homosexual couple or an abusive straight couple?

I don't care who raises the child so long as the child is treated properly and given a good life to live. A gay couple shouldn't be barred from adopting a child just because of their sexual orientation.

Now, back on the main topic...

I think that it's really brave of him to come out just like this. Obviously nothing like this has been done before and he should be able to be himself and not hold back the fact that he is gay. I'm happy for his announcement and hope that he too is happier because of it. :smileyhappy:

Didnt know that. im going to have to look up the WNBA one.

Crazy his twin brother is also in the NBA and didnt know himself.

Please use plain text.
Message 82 of 114 (164 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1372 posts

Apr 30, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

DoubleO_seven wrote:

vfr_800_rider wrote:

DoubleO_seven wrote:

DoubleO_seven wrote:

Goes by the name of Jason Collins. Plays center in the NBA and is the first athlete to come out in any of the 4 major sports. What are your thoughts on it?

Do you think pro teams are ready to have gay athletes in their locker room?  Also he is to become a free agent. Think it will hurt his chances of signing to a new team or will executives use it as a marketing opportunity?

Whats your take on all this?

Trying to get us back on topic - KUDOS!

yes but it seems no one cares. I think maybe the first page was on topic then it derailed. If you read the comments now, you wouldnt even think it is about Jason Collins and the sports world.

We did ok for a while huh DoubleO, then it all went awry, I wonder why!!!

BRIT-KO

lol yea. Even thought it didnt stay on topic and not heading that way we got somewhat a decent gay marriage debate.

Thanks Hitman :manvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 83 of 114 (152 Views)
PlayStation Moderator
6694 posts

Apr 30, 2013

Guys - at it has been mentioned - please keep your feedback respectful and ON topic.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Message 84 of 114 (148 Views)
Umbrella Scientist
13691 posts

Apr 30, 2013

Trawnza wrote:

Guys - at it has been mentioned - please keep your feedback respectful and ON topic.

Thanks!

i am insanely gay.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 85 of 114 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16526 posts

Apr 30, 2013

But for a child to be born, you still have to use the sperm from a man to unite with the egg from a woman for human conception. Being gay or lesbian is just not natural. Two eggs cannot produce a baby. And two sperm cannot produce a baby either. The most affordable way to have a child really is for a man to marry a woman, that way they don't have to buy an egg and sperm to have a child. Adopting a child (I think) consts money too in addition to wading through the sea of legal red tape.

I honestly believe the best moment for a man is that he gets to cut the umbilical cord that connects the newborn to the mother. And hearing the beating heart of the unborn child is one of the best moments for a mother to be, in addition to getting to hold her 60 second old child for the first time ever. One other special moment too for a husband and wife is explaining to their young children that she is pregnant again.

A gay or lesbian couple will never ever get to experience these defining moments for a man and woman.

photo 683842d5-5deb-4335-8bcb-5b2166398090_zpsafb7b8da.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 86 of 114 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
13691 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 30, 2013

hwhunt13 wrote:

But for a child to be born, you still have to use the sperm from a man to unite with the egg from a woman for human conception. Being gay or lesbian is just not natural. Two eggs cannot produce a baby. And two sperm cannot produce a baby either. The most affordable way to have a child really is for a man to marry a woman, that way they don't have to buy an egg and sperm to have a child. Adopting a child (I think) consts money too in addition to wading through the sea of legal red tape.

I honestly believe the best moment for a man is that he gets to cut the umbilical cord that connects the newborn to the mother. And hearing the beating heart of the unborn child is one of the best moments for a mother to be, in addition to getting to hold her 60 second old child for the first time ever. One other special moment too for a husband and wife is explaining to their young children that she is pregnant again.

A gay or lesbian couple will never ever get to experience these defining moments for a man and woman.

speaking as someone who is extremely gay, this comment is very offensive to me.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 87 of 114 (120 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13916 posts

Apr 30, 2013

oh..c'mon

Setzaroth signature

Please use plain text.
Message 88 of 114 (116 Views)
PlayStation MVP
5846 posts

Apr 30, 2013

Although I'm a heterosexual male and may not know much about Jason Collins, I got to commend him for getting this off his chest and having his fellow teammates starting to accept him for who he is than what he is. I'm pretty sure pro teams are ready to accept gay athletes since this generation is slowly starting to become tolerant of LGBT people. I figured out that sexual orientation has nothing to do with being a team athlete as long as you have the talent and self-discipline to help your fellow partners win games. 

I think it won't hurt his chances to signing in a new team in the NBA because there are some teammates who are friendly with gays like him.

Please use plain text.
Message 89 of 114 (115 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
16526 posts

Apr 30, 2013

Edizzle8002 wrote:

hwhunt13 wrote:

speaking as someone who is extremely gay, this comment is very offensive to me.

Would you like to explain to me why you are offended at what I said?

photo 683842d5-5deb-4335-8bcb-5b2166398090_zpsafb7b8da.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 90 of 114 (106 Views)
0 Likes