Umbrella Scientist
13691 posts

Re: First active gay athlete to come out.

Apr 30, 2013

hwhunt13 wrote:

Edizzle8002 wrote:

hwhunt13 wrote:

But for a child to be born, you still have to use the sperm from a man to unite with the egg from a woman for human conception. Being gay or lesbian is just not natural. Two eggs cannot produce a baby. And two sperm cannot produce a baby either. The most affordable way to have a child really is for a man to marry a woman, that way they don't have to buy an egg and sperm to have a child. Adopting a child (I think) consts money too in addition to wading through the sea of legal red tape.

I honestly believe the best moment for a man is that he gets to cut the umbilical cord that connects the newborn to the mother. And hearing the beating heart of the unborn child is one of the best moments for a mother to be, in addition to getting to hold her 60 second old child for the first time ever. One other special moment too for a husband and wife is explaining to their young children that she is pregnant again.

A gay or lesbian couple will never ever get to experience these defining moments for a man and woman.

speaking as someone who is extremely gay, this comment is very offensive to me.

Would you like to explain to me why you are offended at what I said?

because i;m incredibly gay

Photobucket
Message 91 of 114 (218 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
819 posts

Apr 30, 2013
im gonna guess that Edizzle just came off of a very long ban...
Message 92 of 114 (215 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
17652 posts

Apr 30, 2013

Edizzle8002 wrote:

hwhunt13 wrote:

Edizzle8002 wrote:

hwhunt13 wrote:

But for a child to be born, you still have to use the sperm from a man to unite with the egg from a woman for human conception. Being gay or lesbian is just not natural. Two eggs cannot produce a baby. And two sperm cannot produce a baby either. The most affordable way to have a child really is for a man to marry a woman, that way they don't have to buy an egg and sperm to have a child. Adopting a child (I think) consts money too in addition to wading through the sea of legal red tape.

I honestly believe the best moment for a man is that he gets to cut the umbilical cord that connects the newborn to the mother. And hearing the beating heart of the unborn child is one of the best moments for a mother to be, in addition to getting to hold her 60 second old child for the first time ever. One other special moment too for a husband and wife is explaining to their young children that she is pregnant again.

A gay or lesbian couple will never ever get to experience these defining moments for a man and woman.

speaking as someone who is extremely gay, this comment is very offensive to me.

Would you like to explain to me why you are offended at what I said?

because i;m incredibly gay

You already said that.

That doesn't discount the fact that you never explained to me why my comment was offensive.

photo 683842d5-5deb-4335-8bcb-5b2166398090_zpsafb7b8da.jpg
Message 93 of 114 (208 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4421 posts

[ Edited ]
May 1, 2013

DoubleO_seven wrote:

Goes by the name of Jason Collins. Plays center in the NBA and is the first athlete to come out in any of the 4 major sports. What are your thoughts on it?

Do you think pro teams are ready to have gay athletes in their locker room?  Also he is to become a free agent. Think it will hurt his chances of signing to a new team or will executives use it as a marketing opportunity?

Whats your take on all this?

Watch this, it is pretty simple.

I commend Mr. Collins on his bravery to face a personal fear more than anything.  As far as its impact on Major League Sports, and the Gay and Lesbian communities, I have no bearing, as I am of none of these.

As a fan and spectator of Major League Sports, I could care less of anyone's affiliation, as long as they are competitive and play hard.  I have more problems with Athletes making Millions of Dollars on Guarenteed contracts, and mailing it in... I give you one Josh Beckett (Enjoy L.A.).

Pro Teams should be ready to accept anyone who is willing to work hard and play.  A Team's decision not to sign someone who is of one affiliation or another is their own short coming, and in some instances, their loss.

It is true this gentleman is at the proverbial end of his career.  While he may not get picked up by any team next year, I am doubtful it will be because of his sexual orientation.  Mr. Collins' career stats are nothing to be astounded with.  He is a middle of the road player, now 35 years old.  Hardly a premier Free Agent.

I believe, since the failure of signing Tim Tebow to produce any positive results, based solely on "curb appeal", has taught any Team, in any Sport, "Marketing" based signings are a waste of money and Cap Space.

I am happy for Mr. Collins, in that his coming out will allow him to sleep better at night, his words.  Although I represent myself as is, everyday, I can imagine how it must be to pretend to be or act in a manner that is not truly representative of one's true being.

Now... For all  some of this other GARBAGE on this Thread.  Some of you have represented yourselves well.  Others have just showed both their true natures and how truly ignorant they are.  I will not point out who belongs in which category, as I am sure you all know where you fit in this synopsis.

Finally, for some of the more outlandish reactions, not really belonging to the TOPIC of the Thread, at all.

Spoiler

OH

MY

GOOD

GOLLY

ARE YOU FREAKING

SERIOUS!!!!?

Take that Garbage to the Dump!

Just my take on it.:smileywink:

Moble

Message 94 of 114 (197 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1721 posts

Apr 30, 2013

I find people who say "stick to the topic" not to make sense. Is all you want to see on this thread generic commets saying "I commend this person"? That would be pretty bland indeed. Obviously a topic about  a gay athlete announcing his sexual orientation will bring up  debates and discussions regarding homosexuality, views on gay marriage and everything in that nature. That's DISCUSSION!

This months old sig image will remain till the end of days.
Message 95 of 114 (178 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1480 posts

[ Edited ]
May 1, 2013

Matthewsike1st wrote:

I find people who say "stick to the topic" not to make sense. Is all you want to see on this thread generic commets saying "I commend this person"? That would be pretty bland indeed. Obviously a topic about  a gay athlete announcing his sexual orientation will bring up  debates and discussions regarding homosexuality, views on gay marriage and everything in that nature. That's DISCUSSION!

Thats fine. but most people just ignored the topic at hand and the questions asked lol. atleast answer the questions first then go on with the debate with the others. As the original poster, i want to know your thoughts on Jason Collins.Whats wrong with pushing for that? im trying to stay out the extra debates and let yall discuss that because those usually go down the wrong path on these forums. name calling , arguements and random videos for laughs being posted.

Message 96 of 114 (162 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
11697 posts

May 1, 2013
Well, we've gotten like 10 pages of surprisingly civil (for this forum at least) discussion on a topic, which in my book, is good.

Asking for anything else is pushing it.
Message 97 of 114 (153 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1480 posts

[ Edited ]
May 1, 2013

johngie wrote:
Well, we've gotten like 10 pages of surprisingly civil (for this forum at least) discussion on a topic, which in my book, is good.

Asking for anything else is pushing it.

**shakes fist**, within these 10 pages i didnt hear any insight from you johngie. Just your two cents here and there and i dont want your change!!! :manfrustrated: o well you are right. guess its time to let it die.

Message 98 of 114 (146 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4421 posts

May 1, 2013

Matthewsike1st wrote:

By all means, discussion is most certainly welcome, in most cases.

Some topics are better left off this Forum, but none the less, here it is.  

Regardless of where the Original Topic might of intended to stay; it is obvious the direction it might of, and most certainly, did go.

My personal beliefs regarding the subtext of the "Topic" will remain my own, and not to be shared with this Forum.  Some matters and Topics will yield opinions of varying levels, and no one person will ever agree 100% with another.  Further reason to not comment, and err on the side of common sense.

Feel free to share your heart on the matters at hand, just do not expect people to like how you feel, or what you have to say.  As well; if you have come to POst for shock and awe value, then what does that say about your character?

Just remember what my Samuel Clemens once warned;

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt."

That's Mark Twain, BTW.:smileywink:

One more piece of advice from Mr. Twain.

"Never argue with stupid people.  They will drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

Discuss away.:smileyhappy:

Moble

Message 99 of 114 (140 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
11697 posts

May 1, 2013
I haven't been chiming in because:
1) I'm at work, at a new job, so there's very little downtime to post
2) I knew if I posted, it would be in direct response to hitman, and my disdain for him would likely cause me to get a bit carried away. I think this thread is better for it.

But I've read all 10 pages. I'm keeping up with it all.
Message 100 of 114 (127 Views)