Uncharted Territory
1616 posts

Re: First active gay athlete to come out.

[ Edited ]
Apr 30, 2013

vfr_800_rider wrote:

DoubleO_seven wrote:

DoubleO_seven wrote:

Goes by the name of Jason Collins. Plays center in the NBA and is the first athlete to come out in any of the 4 major sports. What are your thoughts on it?

Do you think pro teams are ready to have gay athletes in their locker room?  Also he is to become a free agent. Think it will hurt his chances of signing to a new team or will executives use it as a marketing opportunity?

Whats your take on all this?

Trying to get us back on topic - KUDOS!

yes but it seems no one cares. I think maybe the first page was on topic then it derailed. If you read the comments now, you wouldnt even think it is about Jason Collins and the sports world.

Message 71 of 114 (137 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1616 posts

Apr 30, 2013

if anyone is somewhat interested .

Message 72 of 114 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9691 posts

Apr 30, 2013
Before this gets further out of hand, I don't want a gay marriage debate. I was just using that as an example of gays being an oppressed group, and how important it is for an athlete in a major to sport to come out.
Message 73 of 114 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20288 posts

Apr 30, 2013

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

You guys seriously need to think of the children in this situation. Stop being selfish and think of the children. Theres gay people out there who are allowed to adopt kids !!!!!!

What is the problem with two gay people adopting a child exactly? They aren't physically able to conceive a child themselves, so if they want one, they pretty much have to adopt a child or pay a surrogate to carry a child for them. Would you rather have a child be raised by a loving, caring homosexual couple or an abusive straight couple?

I don't care who raises the child so long as the child is treated properly and given a good life to live. A gay couple shouldn't be barred from adopting a child just because of their sexual orientation.

Now, back on the main topic...

I think that it's really brave of him to come out just like this. Obviously nothing like this has been done before and he should be able to be himself and not hold back the fact that he is gay. I'm happy for his announcement and hope that he too is happier because of it. Smiley Happy

Message 74 of 114 (132 Views)
VP of Gaming
37242 posts

Apr 30, 2013

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

You guys seriously need to think of the children in this situation. Stop being selfish and think of the children. Theres gay people out there who are allowed to adopt kids !!!!!!

What is the problem with two gay people adopting a child exactly? They aren't physically able to conceive a child themselves, so if they want one, they pretty much have to adopt a child or pay a surrogate to carry a child for them. Would you rather have a child be raised by a loving, caring homosexual couple or an abusive straight couple?

I don't care who raises the child so long as the child is treated properly and given a good life to live. A gay couple shouldn't be barred from adopting a child just because of their sexual orientation.

Now, back on the main topic...

I think that it's really brave of him to come out just like this. Obviously nothing like this has been done before and he should be able to be himself and not hold back the fact that he is gay. I'm happy for his announcement and hope that he too is happier because of it. Smiley Happy

A child is supposed to have a mother - to teach it the femenine aspects of life and a father - to teach it the manliness of life.

Having 2 of the same can make the child confused and not grow up properly.

Message 75 of 114 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1605 posts

Apr 30, 2013

hitman i see you have a strong aversion to gays but as you can see the people on this post have their way of thinking

judging people like this isnt right just let them be

Message 76 of 114 (113 Views)
MVP Support
39998 posts

Apr 30, 2013

DoubleO_seven wrote:

vfr_800_rider wrote:

DoubleO_seven wrote:

DoubleO_seven wrote:

Goes by the name of Jason Collins. Plays center in the NBA and is the first athlete to come out in any of the 4 major sports. What are your thoughts on it?

Do you think pro teams are ready to have gay athletes in their locker room?  Also he is to become a free agent. Think it will hurt his chances of signing to a new team or will executives use it as a marketing opportunity?

Whats your take on all this?

Trying to get us back on topic - KUDOS!

yes but it seems no one cares. I think maybe the first page was on topic then it derailed. If you read the comments now, you wouldnt even think it is about Jason Collins and the sports world.

We did ok for a while huh DoubleO, then it all went awry, I wonder why!!!

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri From 8am - 8pm PST
Message 77 of 114 (104 Views)
VP of Gaming
37242 posts

Apr 30, 2013

shadowstalker100 wrote:

hitman i see you have a strong aversion to gays but as you can see the people on this post have their way of thinking

Mostly against those who go and adopt kids

But it starts out with people like this guy who was described by the person who started this thread who start coming out

dont i have a right to express my feelings?

its for the CHILDREN guys..

Message 78 of 114 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1605 posts

Apr 30, 2013

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

shadowstalker100 wrote:

But it starts out with people like this guy who was described by the person who started this thread who start coming out

*sigh* i see that you are extremely passionate about this an yes you do have a right to express yourself
i apologize hitman

i ll excuse myself from this topic

Message 79 of 114 (91 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1616 posts

Apr 30, 2013

HiTmAN_90 wrote

All prejudice in modern times is credited to two things; ignorance and religion, and in my view the latter is the same as the former. There are no legitimate reasons for disallowing gays to adopt. If the concern is that a father/mother figure will be absent from the child's life, then adoption by single parents should also be disallowed. The fact is that homosexual people are more than capable of raising children. Why? Because by sticking to their hearts and defying all those discriminating homophobes they have shown that they have determination strength and will to live happily without the consent of other people.

Message 80 of 114 (82 Views)
0 Likes