PlayStation MVP
3165 posts

Re: Forum and cyber bullys question to ya all

Jul 13, 2013
can you give an example how your reverse it. I am interested if you feel like shareing..Please
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 82 (160 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
25951 posts

Jul 13, 2013

I hardly ever run across 'cyber-bullies' & I am never 'bullied' on these or any other Forums, do people try to assert some kind of power over others, yes of course, the anonymity of sitting behind a computer screen (or a steering wheel) does indeed give some people that sense of 'power', it is not real, they fail to realize that & if you let them feel that they have that power then they have won, I never do that, sometimes it's best to just 'walk away' rathet than engage them.

Some people are of course weaker & more vunerable than others & are thus more susceptible to some 'childish & immature' words written on a screen or being cut off on the interstate, where I'll be able to brush it off very quickly, they perhaps will not.

I find the overwhelming majority of people on these Forums to be very respectful of others, of course we all know who the 'trouble-makers' & 'stirrers' are, the ones who make posts just for a reaction, it's best to avoid those people & their Threads for it will usually end badly!

I'm not trying to say I'm some perfect Forum member, I'm not, but as an MVP I hold myself to a higher standard, but that doesn't make me any better or worse than any other users here, I like to think of myself as helpful & insightful but we all have our 'off days' where things are not going quite right, a bad day, some personal issues at home maybe, those are the days it's best to stay away from the Forums & take some time out.

In the end people need to try to be respectful of others & treat them with the same respect they would wish to be treated with.

As jerry Springer always said at the end of every one of his shows, 'Be nice to one another'.

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 82 (160 Views)
I Only Post Everything
957 posts

Jul 13, 2013

Sweet2525 wrote:
can you give an example how your reverse it. I am interested if you feel like shareing..Please

FamTard:You're poor

Me:Yes i'm so poor i go shopping every 3 months just to buy Polo Shirts....wait...you think polo is swag...so that means you're just as poor as me

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 82 (152 Views)
PlayStation MVP
5442 posts

Re: Forum and cyber bullies question to ya all

Jul 13, 2013

Ultimately, this comes down to perspective.  Some people take the internet really seriously, and probably, it's because it's the one place they feel that they can be themselves.  People like that tend to be insecure.  It will manifest itself in one of two ways:

• They will find like-minded people, thrive, and emotionally heal, becoming a valued member of one or more communities
  • They will become further isolated the first time they encounter resistance, and then try to make someone else feel the same way.

The former describes the vast majority of this forums' members. 

The latter describes trolls, armchair politicians, bullies, and most YouTube commentators (I'm only half kidding with that one).

I think that treating people with respect, compassion, and, when appropriate, guidance, is the name of the game online.  Having owned or played a game longer than someone else doesn't make you better than them.  Knowing more about a subject doesn't make you superior.  The only way our communities grow is with new blood.  I say that to make the point that the focus should be on preventing people from feeling that the only way they can express themselves is through trolling, bullying, and aggression, in addition to providing support to those that are mistreated.

This is not "Us versus Them".  The sooner we all get on that page, the better, as far as I am concerned.

Grindhead_Jim

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 82 (131 Views)
Last Guardian
10825 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 13, 2013
The OP gets cyber-bullied but i won't name names.

I was bullied IRL but not cyber-bullied, i guess i make a better impression on the internet, i believe cyber-bullies bully people IRL as well.

Both types of bullies are those type of people who have no power (aka loser) and they start to pick on people weaker then them to feel in power, they have no idea how that will impact the other person.

Sometimes getting bullied ends in committing suicide.
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 82 (126 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4785 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 13, 2013

I was never cyber-bullied, but I was trolled a few times on the forums. I don't let it affect me because they're not worth my time because they're already cowards behind the keyboard.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 82 (106 Views)
PlayStation MVP
2301 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 13, 2013

Cyber Bully= Just about anyone on GTAforums.com. Post something there thats completely on topic and innocent, and you will be bashed into another dimention, and their 2 faced moderators will applaud the bashers and ban the innocent ones.

What a garbage website. :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 82 (95 Views)
0 Likes
King of Iron Fist
1994 posts

Re: Forum and cyber bully's question to ya all

Jul 13, 2013

Everytime I see that P. Diddy commercial about cyber bullying, I'm like... Really? lol.  I can't believe this is even an issue now.  It just shows how sensitive and weak-minded people have become this generation.  Real life physical bullying and suicide should be the REAL issue.

A few days ago, my co-worker was driving to work 3 in the morning.  Accidentally cuts off another driver.  The other driver starts tailgating him all the way to our parking lot.  My co-worker pulls over grabs a metal pipe from his car and waits for him.  The tailgater stops his car, steps out and sees my co-worker standing there with a weapon.  Steps back into his car and drives off like the wannabe gangster he was.

I'm just saying you have to grow a backbone and stand up for yourself sometimes.  And since this is the internet.  No one can actually harm you physically.  

To the OP, I honestly believe you provoke these reactions you get here :smileyhappy:.  With the threads you start, you should know that no one cares for Home on this side of the forums lol.

Save Water, Drink Beer
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 82 (93 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2301 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 13, 2013

One of the biggest problems with CB, is that the bully tends to think: "Hey, im on the internet and ill never get caught" wrong.

I remember someone who was constantly harassed on a forum. Unlucky for the guy doing the bulling, he for some reason had a link to his personal site in his profile. The victims dad found the site and his address was there. Turns out the bully lived in his own town, and the dad beat the living crap out of the bully and put him in the hospital. (You can actually find that online. It happened in Chicago).
Take that as an example for all you CB out there. You are not as hidden on the net as you think.

So um... bully me lol. I dare you. :womanlol:

Edit: Removed privacy exploit.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 82 (86 Views)
0 Likes
King of Iron Fist
1994 posts

Jul 13, 2013

ccrogers15 wrote:
One of the biggest problems with CB, is that the bully tends to think: "Hey, im on the internet and ill never get caught" wrong.

I remember someone who was constantly harassed on a forum. Unlucky for the guy doing the bulling, he for some reason had a link to his personal site in his profile. The victims dad found the site and his address was there. Turns out the bully lived in his own town, and the dad beat the living crap out of the bully and put him in the hospital. (You can actually find that online. It happened in Chicago).
Take that as an example for all you CB out there.

Nice, see thats how you deal with bullys.  Stand up for yourself.  Great story :smileyhappy:

Save Water, Drink Beer
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 82 (82 Views)
0 Likes