Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
3084 posts

Re: Gamers, "Hardcore" Gamers, and Fanboys -- OH my!

Jun 4, 2013

dc4daniel wrote:

Because at the end of the day, they just want your money lol.

Many console fanboys have never realized that. I never understood the concept of treating your favorite company as your best friend. I game on whatever console has interesting games. Coming from someone who got into gaming with the PS1 (I played other consoles before then, but never owned them), if Sony makes a decision with the PS4 that convinces me to not buy it, then I'll save my money or spend it elsewhere without hesitation. Microsoft already convinced me to not buy an Xbox One when they stated that you have to be online at least once a day. While I don't like the Wii U as a console, there is nothing that's telling me not to get one. It will most likely lack many great 3rd party games, but I'll use the PS4 for those, and Nintendo has always known how to make quality titles.

In a nutshell, I look at the advantages and disadvantages of each console and decide which one(s) to get, and not buy one just because of the brand. I wish fanboys were this open minded.

Twitter: @k_bro1|Nintendo Network ID: LordOfCourage
Message 11 of 12 (78 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4224 posts

Re: Gamers, "Hardcore" Gamers, and Fanboys -- OH my!

Jun 5, 2013

kingbro1 wrote:

dc4daniel wrote:

Because at the end of the day, they just want your money lol.

Many console fanboys have never realized that. I never understood the concept of treating your favorite company as your best friend. I game on whatever console has interesting games. Coming from someone who got into gaming with the PS1 (I played other consoles before then, but never owned them), if Sony makes a decision with the PS4 that convinces me to not buy it, then I'll save my money or spend it elsewhere without hesitation. Microsoft already convinced me to not buy an Xbox One when they stated that you have to be online at least once a day. While I don't like the Wii U as a console, there is nothing that's telling me not to get one. It will most likely lack many great 3rd party games, but I'll use the PS4 for those, and Nintendo has always known how to make quality titles.

In a nutshell, I look at the advantages and disadvantages of each console and decide which one(s) to get, and not buy one just because of the brand. I wish fanboys were this open minded.

Here, here, Kingsbro. And despite all the negatives the Xbox One has displayed, I would still consider buying one (eventually), if they have something that entices me. All the info about the Xbox One is not written in stone (and some is just speculation based off tid bits the media is being fed.)

I've already decided I'm getting a PS4 first, but I just can't wait to see what both Microsoft (and Sony) bring to the table on June 10th.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 12 of 12 (57 Views)
0 Likes