Dec 11 2013
By: Juan1992 Treasure Hunter 6893 posts

Games you Miss Playing

55 replies 211 views Edited Dec 11, 2013

There are those moments when you are addicted to a certain game and you end up not playing it anymore or you sell it. As time passes, you want to go back and relive that moment again. Are there any games that give you that feeling? (It could be on any console.)

I remember I was heavily into the Dance Dance Revolution series. I'd go to arcades to go play the hell out of that game. As months pass by, I decide to buy a DDR game for the PS2 and even decided to purchase a dance pad. I bought more from the series and eventually managed to get a metallic dance pad. I would play the game on the hardest settings even though my timing wasn't the best I'd still pass most songs. I also got into Stepmania and In the Groove.

Message 1 of 56 (211 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6970 posts

Re: Games you Miss Playing

Dec 11, 2013

dat battlefront

JayJay 2515 signature

2 time Face of The WWE Champion
Message 2 of 56 (206 Views)
Survivor
2345 posts

Dec 11, 2013

House of Dead 3.

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending"
Message 3 of 56 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11733 posts

Dec 11, 2013

The Dance Dance Revolution series is one I found myself drawn into when visiting arcades in the past. Several years ago (around when the PlayStation 3 came out) this would be the last time I was able to visit the arcades and play with a friend. Afterward at least one of the local arcades shutdown. The other replaced the Dance Dance machine with In the Groove, a less satisfying alternative by comparison.

As for the question itself, one gaming series that comes to mind that I do miss seeing is Wild Arms. When thinking about RPG games I enjoyed much, the Wild Arms series is up there. Though the series sort of split off from its previous standing, I still kind of wish the games were around to see if possibly reteaming with Sony would once again energize the series with the greatness it once held.

Message 4 of 56 (193 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6893 posts

Dec 11, 2013

GrayGargoyle wrote:

The Dance Dance Revolution series is one I found myself drawn into when visiting arcades in the past. Several years ago (around when the PlayStation 3 came out) this would be the last time I was able to visit the arcades and play with a friend. Afterward at least one of the local arcades shutdown. The other replaced the Dance Dance machine with In the Groove, a less satisfying alternative by comparison.

As for the question itself, one gaming series that comes to mind that I do miss seeing is Wild Arms. When thinking about RPG games I enjoyed much, the Wild Arms series is up there. Though the series sort of split off from its previous standing, I still kind of wish the games were around to see if possibly reteaming with Sony would once again energize the series with the greatness it once held.

In the Groove was incredibly difficult for me to master. Most of the expert songs were too much for me to handle when it comes down to using the dance pad. The furthest I'd make it is up to level 10 on a few tracks. Also the songs lasted 2 minutes instead of the average 90 seconds on DDR. The one game I couldn't get into was Pump it Up because I didn't like the layout. They went with 5 steps (4 diagonal and one on the center) and it was less enjoyable for me when I tired it once.

Message 5 of 56 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
36435 posts

Dec 11, 2013

Arcades were the thing back in the day.  There were several games I really enjoyed.

• Battlezone - 3D tanks on an alien world.  Possibly the first ever first-person shooter.
  • Assault - A newer but lesser-known game similar to Battlezone, except you're looking down.  You could also roll the tank sideways, shoot nukes, and leap up onto a mega-nuke launching platform.  Very hard in the upper levels.
  • Scramble - a side-scroller where you're flying through enemy space blowing things up.  You MUST blow up fuel periodically or you will run out of power and crash.
  • Ms. Pac-Man - it was just fun.
  • Rush'n Attack - Side scroller where you're a commando infiltrating some Russian base or something.  The best special weapon was the rocket launcher.  If you lay flat at the right place and launch it low, then chase after the rocket, it will kill all the enemies coming onto the screen and also blow up the land mines.
  • Ikari Warriors - A top-down forward-moving game.  You're a Rambo type commando with guns and hand grenades invading some islands.  Separate movement and firing joysticks allow you to run forward while firing backward.  Upgrades include longer range, shoot through (over?) walls, and super explosive hand grenades.
  • Dragon's Lair - the first animated laser disc game.  It was basically all cut-scenes pasted together, but you had to make the right move at the right time.  Bluth animations, and there actually is a dragon at the end that you need to kill.  I think I beat it maybe twice.
  • M.U.L.E - A planetary colonization game for the Atari computer and later the Commodore 64.  It was like a very primitive form of Civilization.
  • Archon - Another Atari computer game.  It was like a living chess set (not to be confused with Battle Chess).  In Archon, you don't just take the opponent's piece.  The two pieces have to fight it out to see who wins.  The Dragon is easily the most powerful piece on the board.
  • Just about any game where you're flying a fighter over enemy territory and you can keep leveling up your firepower until you're spewing 8 billion bullets into the air.  Enemy planes, guided missiles, bullets galore, and surface vehicles are all trying to destroy you.
Message 6 of 56 (182 Views)
Survivor
2345 posts

Dec 11, 2013

Metal slug.

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending"
Message 7 of 56 (178 Views)
Fender Bender
3501 posts

Dec 11, 2013

DrGadget wrote:

• Just about any game where you're flying a fighter over enemy territory and you can keep leveling up your firepower until you're spewing 8 billion bullets into the air.  Enemy planes, guided missiles, bullets galore, and surface vehicles are all trying to destroy you.

Oh man I dropped a lot of quarters into 1942

The truth will set you free... But it may sting a bit...
Message 8 of 56 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4330 posts

Dec 11, 2013
Pocket Fighter Smiley Very Happy

Gran Turismo Fan | Love Live Fan | PC Technician

Gran Turismo 7 Suggestions

Message 9 of 56 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted