Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 11 2014
By: SusySusay94 First Son 14 posts

Girl Playing games on youtube?

26 replies 240 views Edited Aug 11, 2014

Hello everyone. So I've been playing games since like I was born literally  (I'm 20) like I've had many consoles and I've had every PlayStation ever relased (maybe I play too much lol). I was thinking about starting a youtube channel for gameplays, funny videogames moments, easter eggs and tutorials. I've always wanted to do this but I'm kinda shy. The only problem: I'M A GIRL. Do you think people would ignore me just cause like... I'ma girl.. and be like "oh I'm not even gonna have a look at these videos and this channel cause she's a girl and she definitely sucks" and stuff like that. I moslty play FPS like BattleField and Wolfenstein and some Open World Games like Watch Dogs, Far Cry and Grand Theft Auto. I have a large game collection and I mostly get all my games on day one (I really do buy a ton of videogames) so I thouth it may be interasting but I'm really worried about what people would think cause like if I do some commentaries (which I would probably do) my voice is like... girly...

So guys what do you think I should do? I am thinking about getting the AVerMedia Live Gamer Portable to record in a good quality but I'm kinda scarred.

Would people ignore me and be mean to me just cause I'm a girl?

Please let me know.

Thank you :cathappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 27 (240 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Re: Girl Playing games on youtube?

Aug 11, 2014

Oh I forgot I also have a Turtle Beach PX51 headset so the quality of my recorded voice would also be great not just the video capture

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 27 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5549 posts

Aug 11, 2014

Maybe if your voice is annoying? :smileyhappy:

Let's plays are saturated on youtube. And the fact you are going to play the games everybody else is playing doesn't help your situation. 

But I'll tell you this. Your gender doesn't matter. What matters is your personality. Are you entertaining to listen to?

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 27 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2180 posts

Aug 11, 2014

I mean not to be a **bleep** or anything but if you state that you are a girl. Then you will get people to come to your channel just to see what you look like. For obvious reasons. If you do facecam and advertise even more that you are a girl you will keep some viewers around (if you know what I mean). I hope that isn't what you are going for though. Otherwise it is your personality and content that keeps viewers. If you play the "mainstream" games it will be harder to gain an audience and branch out from the other people that are doing similar things.

Also I don't have a channel myself so this is what I have just heard as well.

Also also welcome to the forums.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 27 (223 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Aug 11, 2014

Ahaha yes my voice is really really annoying lol I'm judding. 

I know like everyone is playing those games so I was thinking to add some commentary. I also think the gender does not matter but I also know there lots of people out there that judge gamer girls. 

I think I'm not too bad about entertaining cause I have people that sometimes want to come and watch me play videogames cause they say my commentaries are funny.

I was thinking maybe I should start giving a shoot with the PS4 built-in capture card and see if it can work out. The worst that can happen is that no one watches my videos so I stop making them.

I would like to hear more from different people before starting though.

Thank you :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 27 (222 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Re: Re: Girl Playing games on youtube?

Aug 11, 2014

Ahaha yes my voice is really really annoying lol I'm judding. 

I know like everyone is playing those games so I was thinking to add some commentary. I also think the gender does not matter but I also know there lots of people out there that judge gamer girls. 

I think I'm not too bad about entertaining cause I have people that sometimes want to come and watch me play videogames cause they say my commentaries are funny.

I was thinking maybe I should start giving a shoot with the PS4 built-in capture card and see if it can work out. The worst that can happen is that no one watches my videos so I stop making them.

I would like to hear more from different people before starting though.

Thank you :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 27 (222 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Aug 11, 2014

Nooooo that's exactly what I wanted to avoid. I'm not that kind of girl. If I write everywhere that I'ma girl and put me playing that's just like asking to have viewers cause I'm a girl but I'd rather have viewers interasted about the gameplayes. I'll se about the commentaries.

Thank you to you too :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 27 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3912 posts

Aug 11, 2014
Welcome to the Forums. Give it a shot and see what happens! Good luck.
From the mobileverse.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 27 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6141 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 11, 2014

I'd say take the MangaMinx route if you're doing Let's Plays. Welcome to the forums, by the way! Best of luck in your ventures!

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 27 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2180 posts

Aug 11, 2014

Hey! There is nothing wrong with acknowledging that you are a girl as well though. You may get some flak for it but you are a girl. People just aren't used to it is all. Just a matter of time until the top Youtubers are chicks and everybody is all like "Ughhhh another dude"

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 27 (170 Views)