Reply
Splicer
Registered: 02/21/2013
Offline
78 posts
 

Re: Global Warming

Apr 12, 2013
not global warming because Hawaii still the same. It's partial global warming. It's the North Pole shifted so the cold and hot shifted also.
Message 31 of 51 (134 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 03/17/2007
Offline
30942 posts
 

Re: Global Warming

Apr 12, 2013

When it comes to global warming, I don't really care. 

 

Even if Global Warming is stopped, Earth will still get scorched by the Sun (and probably vaporized) so it's kind of delaying the inevitable. 

Message 32 of 51 (131 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Big Daddy
Registered: 05/09/2005
Offline
19026 posts
 

Re: Global Warming

Apr 13, 2013

eagles1990 wrote:

When it comes to global warming, I don't really care. 

 

Even if Global Warming is stopped, Earth will still get scorched by the Sun (and probably vaporized) so it's kind of delaying the inevitable. 


which would be 4-5 billion years down the road.

 

NASA was already wrong about the solar cycle 24 maximum which was predicted to be in May, but puched down the road to sometime during the fall of this year. But looking at the released data updated through April 1, 2013, Solar maximum has already happened late 2012. Both polar magnetic fields have already flipped 5-6 months ago.

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2013/04/09/current-solar-cycle-data-seems-to-be-past-the-peak/#more-83819

If you compare solar cycle 24 to all of the other observed solar cycles, this current one follows the closest to that of Solar cycle 5 or Solar cycle 14.

 

Enjoy the warm weather while it lasts, because it's going to get very cold for the next several decades beginning next year as solar activity wanes to solar cycle 24/25 solar minimum which will mark the next maunder-like minimum. This is just a normal 230 year solar cycle that is to be expected like clockwork.

 

The man-made whatever they call it, is nothing but political bull**** just to force us to have some sort of carbon footprint and to force us to pay another burdensome tax. We need all the energy we can get to stay warm in this up and coming maunder minimum. I don't have the kind of bandwidth or the patience to type out a 300 page essay as to why man-made climate change is such a big hoax.

 photo 683842d5-5deb-4335-8bcb-5b2166398090_zpsafb7b8da.jpg
Message 33 of 51 (119 Views)
Splicer
Registered: 02/21/2013
Offline
78 posts
 

Re: Global Warming

Apr 13, 2013
The sun will not eat us because earth got shield and ps4 will eat my money because I'm a true hardcore gamer SONY fan boy. But the shifting of North Pole is a big problem for the entire parts of the earth. Pilots and airports at certain places changing their landing numbers cause of North Pole shifted .. Watch on youtube
Message 34 of 51 (112 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 01/19/2004
Offline
36435 posts
 

Re: Global Warming

Apr 13, 2013

hwhunt13 wrote:

The man-made whatever they call it, is nothing but political bull**** just to force us to have some sort of carbon footprint and to force us to pay another burdensome tax. We need all the energy we can get to stay warm in this up and coming maunder minimum. I don't have the kind of bandwidth or the patience to type out a 300 page essay as to why man-made climate change is such a big hoax.



I have read and written those 300 page essays several times.  People don't care.  Their minds are closed because some guy in a white lab coat told them to believe something despite there being no evidence.  They allowed these so-called scientists to switch scientific proof for scientific consensus, as if that was ever useful for anything.

 

Scientific consensus told us the world was flat. Christopher Columbus used scientific proof instead.

Scientific consensus told us that bees were too heavy to fly.  The bees ignored the consensus and fly anyway.

The very same morons who preach global warming today were the same ones going around in the 1970's telling everyone we're headed into another ice age.  They had some scientific consensus for that too.

 

Opinions change.  Proof is proof.  Nobody has to convince you that gravity works.  It just does.  Nobody has to spend billions of dollars trying to indoctrinate children into believing lasers are real.  Lasers are real.  Al Gore didn't make a movie to try to get you to think that circles are round.  Circles are round.  BTW try fact-checking his Inconvenient Truth movie.  One of the best comedies of the past decade.

 

I'm going to have to slap a kudo on you for doing enough research to speak intelligently about the Maunder Minimum.  Most people space out with the blank stare and the cow eyes when I try to talk about that.

 

"Maunder Minimum?  This not in propaganda educational movies them make we watch.  Must be is lies.  Me stare now with cow eyes.  Moo."

Message 35 of 51 (106 Views)
Big Daddy
Registered: 12/24/2007
Offline
16939 posts
 

Re: Global Warming

Apr 16, 2013

ToN-6 wrote:
The sun will not eat us because earth got shield

This "shield" is not some thing that will protect us from everything...

The magnetic fields surrounding our planet can easily be destroyed and penetrated by the sun if there ever was a massive enough solar flare, like there has been in the past....

 

Astronomists, Physicists, and Meterologits would call these "heat waves" as these solar flares directly affect climates.



Furiously Chaosing
Message 36 of 51 (93 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/11/2007
Offline
5700 posts
 

Re: Global Warming

Apr 16, 2013

DrGadget wrote:

hwhunt13 wrote:

The man-made whatever they call it, is nothing but political bull**** just to force us to have some sort of carbon footprint and to force us to pay another burdensome tax. We need all the energy we can get to stay warm in this up and coming maunder minimum. I don't have the kind of bandwidth or the patience to type out a 300 page essay as to why man-made climate change is such a big hoax.



I have read and written those 300 page essays several times.  People don't care.  Their minds are closed because some guy in a white lab coat told them to believe something despite there being no evidence.  They allowed these so-called scientists to switch scientific proof for scientific consensus, as if that was ever useful for anything.

 

Scientific consensus told us the world was flat. Christopher Columbus used scientific proof instead.

Scientific consensus told us that bees were too heavy to fly.  The bees ignored the consensus and fly anyway.

The very same morons who preach global warming today were the same ones going around in the 1970's telling everyone we're headed into another ice age.  They had some scientific consensus for that too.

 

Opinions change.  Proof is proof.  Nobody has to convince you that gravity works.  It just does.  Nobody has to spend billions of dollars trying to indoctrinate children into believing lasers are real.  Lasers are real.  Al Gore didn't make a movie to try to get you to think that circles are round.  Circles are round.  BTW try fact-checking his Inconvenient Truth movie.  One of the best comedies of the past decade.

 

I'm going to have to slap a kudo on you for doing enough research to speak intelligently about the Maunder Minimum.  Most people space out with the blank stare and the cow eyes when I try to talk about that.

 

"Maunder Minimum?  This not in propaganda educational movies them make we watch.  Must be is lies.  Me stare now with cow eyes.  Moo."


I am not going to convince people because clearly im a "moron" so you guys can go believe what ever you want. I just find it funny. Since I NEVER heard anything ever on TV or in the news about global warming being fake, but the minute I go to the states for a visit I hear it 3 times a week.

 

Also you speak of no facts and no proof. Not sure where you are looking since I found plenty. I guess it's all those "comedies" I watch and all those bogus articles I read.

 

Your a great guy Gadget, but this I don't understand. I said it before and I will say it again.

 

What. If. Your. WRONG.

 

No reset button on Earth i'm afraid. But clearly I am talking into a brick wall so I shall end here.

 

Cheers, Brrnout




PS MVPs: Motivated. Vigilant. Passionate.
Proud to be an MVP and serving our community since June 2010
Message 37 of 51 (83 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Big Daddy
Registered: 05/09/2005
Offline
19026 posts
 

Re: Global Warming

[ Edited ]
Apr 17, 2013

Brrnout wrote:

DrGadget wrote:

hwhunt13 wrote:

The man-made whatever they call it, is nothing but political bull**** just to force us to have some sort of carbon footprint and to force us to pay another burdensome tax. We need all the energy we can get to stay warm in this up and coming maunder minimum. I don't have the kind of bandwidth or the patience to type out a 300 page essay as to why man-made climate change is such a big hoax.



I have read and written those 300 page essays several times.  People don't care.  Their minds are closed because some guy in a white lab coat told them to believe something despite there being no evidence.  They allowed these so-called scientists to switch scientific proof for scientific consensus, as if that was ever useful for anything.

 

Scientific consensus told us the world was flat. Christopher Columbus used scientific proof instead.

Scientific consensus told us that bees were too heavy to fly.  The bees ignored the consensus and fly anyway.

The very same morons who preach global warming today were the same ones going around in the 1970's telling everyone we're headed into another ice age.  They had some scientific consensus for that too.

 

Opinions change.  Proof is proof.  Nobody has to convince you that gravity works.  It just does.  Nobody has to spend billions of dollars trying to indoctrinate children into believing lasers are real.  Lasers are real.  Al Gore didn't make a movie to try to get you to think that circles are round.  Circles are round.  BTW try fact-checking his Inconvenient Truth movie.  One of the best comedies of the past decade.

 

I'm going to have to slap a kudo on you for doing enough research to speak intelligently about the Maunder Minimum.  Most people space out with the blank stare and the cow eyes when I try to talk about that.

 

"Maunder Minimum?  This not in propaganda educational movies them make we watch.  Must be is lies.  Me stare now with cow eyes.  Moo."


What. If. Your. WRONG.


The what if you're wrong question is that classic question that both sides are asking.

 

But the transition between Full term 120,000 year cycle ice ages and interglacial cycles can occur within 20 years. And that has been a well known fact for ages whether it is a transition into an interglacial, or an exit out of an interglacial. But the warming over the last 130 years is a pure fact, and is not disputed by anyone.

 

The real dispute is what caused the warming over the last 130 years. The folks who claim that we caused the climate to warm who also wants total consensus and complete censorship of all data that disagrees with their claims, and the skeptics want to debate the consensus by saying that the sun is Earth's primary climate driver who want to present their data that they have logged over satellite data and ice core samples. The skeptics want to show the public that humans are not a major factor on the climate, and have verifiable proof that the sun is the primary climate driver.

 

This is the real situation that is going on right now, and from what I have been reading too is that the human caused global warming consensus is losing the war with only 33% of the public believing in the human caused global warming party:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2013/04/11/the-insiders-democrats-lost-momentum...

 

What they want you to know is that both the ice caps are melting; but in reality the arctic ice cap is at normal extent, and the antarctic ice cap is growing. The Antarctic ice extent is one million square kilometers above normal, and has been above normal for 500 consecutive days.: http://stevengoddard.wordpress.com/2013/04/14/sunday-times-reports-record-ice-growth-as-record-melt/

 photo 683842d5-5deb-4335-8bcb-5b2166398090_zpsafb7b8da.jpg
Message 38 of 51 (75 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 01/19/2004
Offline
36435 posts
 

Re: Global Warming

Apr 17, 2013

Brrnout wrote:

DrGadget wrote:

hwhunt13 wrote:

The man-made whatever they call it, is nothing but political bull**** just to force us to have some sort of carbon footprint and to force us to pay another burdensome tax. We need all the energy we can get to stay warm in this up and coming maunder minimum. I don't have the kind of bandwidth or the patience to type out a 300 page essay as to why man-made climate change is such a big hoax.



I have read and written those 300 page essays several times.  People don't care.  Their minds are closed because some guy in a white lab coat told them to believe something despite there being no evidence.  They allowed these so-called scientists to switch scientific proof for scientific consensus, as if that was ever useful for anything.

 

Scientific consensus told us the world was flat. Christopher Columbus used scientific proof instead.

Scientific consensus told us that bees were too heavy to fly.  The bees ignored the consensus and fly anyway.

The very same morons who preach global warming today were the same ones going around in the 1970's telling everyone we're headed into another ice age.  They had some scientific consensus for that too.

 

Opinions change.  Proof is proof.  Nobody has to convince you that gravity works.  It just does.  Nobody has to spend billions of dollars trying to indoctrinate children into believing lasers are real.  Lasers are real.  Al Gore didn't make a movie to try to get you to think that circles are round.  Circles are round.  BTW try fact-checking his Inconvenient Truth movie.  One of the best comedies of the past decade.

 

I'm going to have to slap a kudo on you for doing enough research to speak intelligently about the Maunder Minimum.  Most people space out with the blank stare and the cow eyes when I try to talk about that.

 

"Maunder Minimum?  This not in propaganda educational movies them make we watch.  Must be is lies.  Me stare now with cow eyes.  Moo."


I am not going to convince people because clearly im a "moron" so you guys can go believe what ever you want. I just find it funny. Since I NEVER heard anything ever on TV or in the news about global warming being fake, but the minute I go to the states for a visit I hear it 3 times a week.

 

Also you speak of no facts and no proof. Not sure where you are looking since I found plenty. I guess it's all those "comedies" I watch and all those bogus articles I read.

 

Your a great guy Gadget, but this I don't understand. I said it before and I will say it again.

 

What. If. Your. WRONG.


I fully understand what you're saying there. There's always the "what if I'm wrong" factor. And it seems to be a compelling argument to "do something" (which is almost always a recipe for disaster).  But is it really?

 

My being wrong is not the only consideration here.  There are several other factors that line up to make things far more complex than this.

 

Since this is hardly my first time discussing this, I have consolidated my assumptions here.

http://deepthink.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=drgadget&action=display&thread=150

 

Before I lift one finger to "do something" about Global Warming, the alarmist crowd needs to address their assumptions that all line up to get us to where carbon emission regulation makes any sense at all.

 

These are the assumptions they need to address.

1. Global warming is real.
2. Scientists agree that global warming is real.
3. Global warming is a bad thing.
4. Global warming will lead to catastrophic events.
5. Global warming is caused by man.
6. The United States of America (and the "West") is the primary culprit.
7. The Earth’s natural cycles are unable to correct global warming without our help.
8. Global warming can be reversed by man.
9. It is worth whatever price we must pay to reverse global warming.
10. Ratifying the Kyoto Treaty will solve the problem.
11. It’s not already too late to reverse global warming.
12. The Law of Unintended Consequences will not result in worse problems.

 

Answer those to my satisfaction and then I'll start actively worrying about CO2 levels.  Until then, as I said in an earlier post, I will take the pragmatic stance of siding with the CO2 emissions crowd only until such time as we can get more nuclear reactors.

Message 39 of 51 (66 Views)
Big Daddy
Registered: 05/09/2005
Offline
19026 posts
 

Re: Global Warming

[ Edited ]
Apr 17, 2013

DrGadget wrote:

Brrnout wrote:

DrGadget wrote:

hwhunt13 wrote:

The man-made whatever they call it, is nothing but political bull**** just to force us to have some sort of carbon footprint and to force us to pay another burdensome tax. We need all the energy we can get to stay warm in this up and coming maunder minimum. I don't have the kind of bandwidth or the patience to type out a 300 page essay as to why man-made climate change is such a big hoax.



I have read and written those 300 page essays several times.  People don't care.  Their minds are closed because some guy in a white lab coat told them to believe something despite there being no evidence.  They allowed these so-called scientists to switch scientific proof for scientific consensus, as if that was ever useful for anything.

 

Scientific consensus told us the world was flat. Christopher Columbus used scientific proof instead.

Scientific consensus told us that bees were too heavy to fly.  The bees ignored the consensus and fly anyway.

The very same morons who preach global warming today were the same ones going around in the 1970's telling everyone we're headed into another ice age.  They had some scientific consensus for that too.

 

Opinions change.  Proof is proof.  Nobody has to convince you that gravity works.  It just does.  Nobody has to spend billions of dollars trying to indoctrinate children into believing lasers are real.  Lasers are real.  Al Gore didn't make a movie to try to get you to think that circles are round.  Circles are round.  BTW try fact-checking his Inconvenient Truth movie.  One of the best comedies of the past decade.

 

I'm going to have to slap a kudo on you for doing enough research to speak intelligently about the Maunder Minimum.  Most people space out with the blank stare and the cow eyes when I try to talk about that.

 

"Maunder Minimum?  This not in propaganda educational movies them make we watch.  Must be is lies.  Me stare now with cow eyes.  Moo."


I am not going to convince people because clearly im a "moron" so you guys can go believe what ever you want. I just find it funny. Since I NEVER heard anything ever on TV or in the news about global warming being fake, but the minute I go to the states for a visit I hear it 3 times a week.

 

Also you speak of no facts and no proof. Not sure where you are looking since I found plenty. I guess it's all those "comedies" I watch and all those bogus articles I read.

 

Your a great guy Gadget, but this I don't understand. I said it before and I will say it again.

 

What. If. Your. WRONG.


I fully understand what you're saying there. There's always the "what if I'm wrong" factor. And it seems to be a compelling argument to "do something" (which is almost always a recipe for disaster).  But is it really?

 

My being wrong is not the only consideration here.  There are several other factors that line up to make things far more complex than this.

 

Since this is hardly my first time discussing this, I have consolidated my assumptions here.

http://deepthink.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=drgadget&action=display&thread=150

 

Before I lift one finger to "do something" about Global Warming, the alarmist crowd needs to address their assumptions that all line up to get us to where carbon emission regulation makes any sense at all.

 

These are the assumptions they need to address.

1. Global warming is real. (True: We can only blame the sun for this with the evidence too that the sun was much more active than today over our entire Holocene Climactic optimum)
2. Scientists agree that global warming is real. (Pointless: Repeats what #1 is saying)
3. Global warming is a bad thing. (False: Global warming is actually a good thing. History has shown that Humans can't cope very well with cold weather and causes mass migrations to the south which we might be seeing a few years from now)
4. Global warming will lead to catastrophic events. (False: Catastrophic events happen all the time no matter how warm or cold the earth is)
5. Global warming is caused by man. (False: There is no verifiable data supporting this)
6. The United States of America (and the "West") is the primary culprit. (False: The United States and the west is not the biggest culprit. The united states is not even in the top 5 co2 producers)
7. The Earth’s natural cycles are unable to correct global warming without our help. (False: made possible by censorship and changed data to make it look like it's true when it's really not)
8. Global warming can be reversed by man. (False: The earth warms and cools on its own without our help)
9. It is worth whatever price we must pay to reverse global warming. (False: It will Bankrupt the United states if we continue to believe that we caused the World to warm when really the sun is to blame)
10. Ratifying the Kyoto Treaty will solve the problem. (False: our poor economy is already meeting the standards without ever ratifying it)
11. It’s not already too late to reverse global warming. (False: We were never the cause of the global warming period over the last 130 years. The Sun made its exit out of a quiet period 100 years ago. The warming temperatures match perfectly with the observed solar cycles since we first began recording the sunspots through 24 solar cycles so far.)
12. The Law of Unintended Consequences will not result in worse problems. (True: if bankrupting the world is the consequence over some made up scenario)

 

Answer those to my satisfaction and then I'll start actively worrying about CO2 levels.  Until then, as I said in an earlier post, I will take the pragmatic stance of siding with the CO2 emissions crowd only until such time as we can get more nuclear reactors.


My responses are in colored text.

True in Green

pointless in grey

False in Red

 photo 683842d5-5deb-4335-8bcb-5b2166398090_zpsafb7b8da.jpg
Message 40 of 51 (54 Views)
Reply
0 Likes