Jul 09 2014
By: TheMooseChops Uncharted Territory 1004 posts

Grillin' Chicken

[ Edited ]
6 replies 151 views Edited Jul 10, 2014

Summer time is upon us and I thought it would be a good time to share a  recipe for grilled chicken. It's called Cornell Sauce and tastes out of this world when barbecued!

Cornell Chicken Barbecue Sauce/Finger Lakes Marinade Recipe

Developed by the late Robert C. Baker, Professor of Poultry Science and Food Science.

Recipe for Barbeque Sauce (enough for 10 halves):

1 cup cooking oil
1 pint cider vinegar
2 tablespoons salt
1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 egg

Beat the egg, then add the oil and beat again. Add other ingredients and stir. The recipe can be varied to suit individual tastes.

Brush the sauce on the chicken  two hours before grilling and stick the chicken in your refrigerator on a cookie sheet to marinate. Put the chicken on your grill and baste them with the sauce while your chicken is cooking. It will bring your neighbors out of their houses it smells so good!

Anyone have a awesome chicken recipe share it here.

Message 1 of 7 (151 Views)
MVP Support
12549 posts

Re: Grillin' Chicken

Jul 10, 2014

That sounds delicious Robot Happy. Thanks for sharing the recipe, TheMooseChops!

smdedspace2.png

Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 2 of 7 (123 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Jul 10, 2014

Call me different... But I made this... and actually enjoyed it. 

Grilled Chicken, Peach, Blackberry + Basil Pizza

makes 1 pizza

1 batch of pizza dough (I used half whole wheat flour + omitted the garlic flavoring)

1 sweet onion, sliced

1 tablespoon butter

1 teaspoon brown sugar

4 garlic cloves, minced or pressed

2 tablespoons olive oil

1/2 cup freshly grated mozzarella cheese

2 grilled boneless, skinless chicken breasts

1 ripe peach, thinly sliced

2/3 cups blackberries, coarsely chopped

10-15 basil leaves, chopped

8 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced

Prepare dough as directed and while it’s rising, heat a large nonstick skillet over low heat and add butter and onions with a pinch of salt. Cover and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, then stir in brown sugar and cook for 10 minutes more. Remove and set aside.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

Shape dough as desired and top with garlic and olive oil. Add on the grated cheese, then top with the chicken, peaches, berries, basil and caramelized onions. Evenly place fresh mozzarella on top.  Bake for 25-35 minutes, or until cheese is melty and golden. Top with additional basil and finely grated parmesan if desired! It’s also delicious when topped with a balsamic glaze.

Message 3 of 7 (108 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1004 posts

Jul 10, 2014

Box9Missingo wrote:

That sounds delicious Robot Happy. Thanks for sharing the recipe, TheMooseChops!

I  just grilled some up today. It is delicious! You will like it. A little background on the recipes creator.

Dr. Robert C. Baker, creator of chicken nuggets and Cornell Chicken Barbecue Sauce, passed away at age 84 on March 13, 2006.  He was a professor at Cornell University in upstate New York which is where I am from originally. We call it Firemen's Chicken. Enjoy. Let me know if you llike it.

Message 4 of 7 (98 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1004 posts

Jul 10, 2014

KlutzyK9 wrote:

Call me different... But I made this... and actually enjoyed it. 

Grilled Chicken, Peach, Blackberry + Basil Pizza

makes 1 pizza

1 batch of pizza dough (I used half whole wheat flour + omitted the garlic flavoring)

1 sweet onion, sliced

1 tablespoon butter

1 teaspoon brown sugar

4 garlic cloves, minced or pressed

2 tablespoons olive oil

1/2 cup freshly grated mozzarella cheese

2 grilled boneless, skinless chicken breasts

1 ripe peach, thinly sliced

2/3 cups blackberries, coarsely chopped

10-15 basil leaves, chopped

8 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced

Prepare dough as directed and while it’s rising, heat a large nonstick skillet over low heat and add butter and onions with a pinch of salt. Cover and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, then stir in brown sugar and cook for 10 minutes more. Remove and set aside.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

Shape dough as desired and top with garlic and olive oil. Add on the grated cheese, then top with the chicken, peaches, berries, basil and caramelized onions. Evenly place fresh mozzarella on top.  Bake for 25-35 minutes, or until cheese is melty and golden. Top with additional basil and finely grated parmesan if desired! It’s also delicious when topped with a balsamic glaze.

That sounds fantastic! I will have to make up a batch of this. I love cooking. Probably because I like to eat! Thanks for the recipe.

Message 5 of 7 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4685 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 17, 2014

How long does it take for two large froze packages of chicken thighs to thaw in the refrigerator? I just put them in the refrigerator just now and I want to know if they'll be thawed in time for this Saturday when I'll be grilling.

Message 6 of 7 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
8747 posts

Jul 17, 2014

TheMooseChops wrote:

Summer time is upon us and I thought it would be a good time to share a  recipe for grilled chicken. It's called Cornell Sauce and tastes out of this world when barbecued!

Cornell Chicken Barbecue Sauce/Finger Lakes Marinade Recipe

Developed by the late Robert C. Baker, Professor of Poultry Science and Food Science.

Recipe for Barbeque Sauce (enough for 10 halves):

1 cup cooking oil
1 pint cider vinegar
2 tablespoons salt
1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 egg

Beat the egg, then add the oil and beat again. Add other ingredients and stir. The recipe can be varied to suit individual tastes.

Brush the sauce on the chicken  two hours before grilling and stick the chicken in your refrigerator on a cookie sheet to marinate. Put the chicken on your grill and baste them with the sauce while your chicken is cooking. It will bring your neighbors out of their houses it smells so good!

Anyone have a awesome chicken recipe share it here.

Great job but how come there is no moose in the recipe..lol. welcome to the forums moose. This is the first time I have met ya..
Message 7 of 7 (53 Views)
0 Likes