darn it why is today the 16th and not the 19th?  Smiley Tongue

Message 111 of 832 (107 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Re: HOCKEY GENERAL

Jan 16, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

darn it why is today the 16th and not the 19th?  Smiley Tongue

Bruins need to workout double time.  Providence smoked them 7-5 Last night in the annual Black and Gold Game.

Moble

Message 112 of 832 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
576 posts

Jan 20, 2013

Hockey Night in Canada's 60th season kickoff montage. Today is my happiest day of 2013!

Message 113 of 832 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Jan 20, 2013
Awesome BRUINS game tonight! I watched the Flyers game as well. That really is one of the best recent rivals as of late. FLYERS vs PENS. I will take a Boston/Montreal series any day of the week though (still tops).
Message 114 of 832 (85 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
17397 posts

Jan 20, 2013
I've watched the CH against TOR and felt asleep before the end of the game.
GTA V FTW !

PSN : Stackcluster
Born young, not dead yet !
Message 115 of 832 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Jan 21, 2013

Winnipeg at Boston 12:30 p.m. Today.

Start up your web browsers with radio apps for the broadcast.  Unless you are at home.

After last night, I am soooooo glad Hockey is back on.  Patriots CHOKED!Smiley Frustrated

Moble

Message 116 of 832 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3987 posts

Jan 21, 2013

Minnesota had such a cool nickname; the Minnesota Northstars- the jerseys were original too

photo 220dee8b-5bcd-4c72-9468-b21cfc72f31f_zpsfd870647.jpg
Message 117 of 832 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Jan 21, 2013

havocsarmy wrote:

Minnesota had such a cool nickname; the Minnesota Northstars- the jerseys were original too

I always thought it was a crime to have taken the North Stars away from Minnesota.  The league got greedy, as usual, and sought to "expand" its influence.

Outside of California, I find it laughable when the NHL has tried to instate Hockey in "warm weather" cities.  Florida should have NO Teams.  They do well when they are in the Conference and Cup Finals, but are usually empty arenas during the regular season.  Additionally, most of the fans are Northern Transplants anyway.

It is good to see Minnesota got a team back.  Although "The Wild" does not have the same ring as Northstars.

Now Atlanta is funny.  They had the Flames which moved to Calgary.  They had the Thrashers (Horrible Name) which moved to Winnipeg to become the "replacement" Jets, who should have never moved from there.  Although, I have always been a fringe Coyotes fan.  I have the original Jersey, as I have mentioned.

Oh, there is a strong history of strange moves.  Did you know, for instance, the New Jersey Devils were the Colorado Rockies.  Granted, some of the "moves" were actually transitions when the NHL absorbed the original AHL and other competing leagues.

I still think Hartford moving to Carolina was a crime as well.  I know this won't happen, but I have always though an NHL team could do well in Seattle.  It would make an interesting Rivalry between them and Vancouver.

Then you have the Colorado Avalanche.  Why a team should be taken from Quebec, is beyond me.  Also, the "fans" there thought they were all high and mighty for a while.  It is pretty easy to be cockey, when a team already built for the Cup Finals just happens to fall in your lap.  I hate the Avalanche, and never like the Nordiques either.

Teams that should not be, in my opinion, are the following:

Carolina Hurricanes

Florida Panthers

Tampa (Bay) Lightning

Nashville Predators

Anaheim Ducks

San Jose Sharks

Coyotes (Despite that I like them)

I know they do fairly well in California, but I can think of a number of other Cities/States/Regions that would be more deserving of an NHL Team.  Granted, the league is looking for revenue, and not fan base.  Still, I think if a team moved to a Hockey Heavy City, the numbers would be there.

I think Hartford should get their team back.  Just this time, lets have the arena separate from the mall.Smiley Wink

Can anyone think of some Cities/States/Regions, even Provinces that should have an NHL team, in lieu of the ones I listed above.  The league definitely does not need to ADD more teams, but I think some should be moved.

My list would include, but is not limited to:

Hartford

Maine

Seattle

Wisconsin

Michigan U.P. (Say Yah to da UP eh?)

Oregon

North Dakota (That one is harder, just because of the sparsely populated areas)

The Blue Jackets are not bad but it seems like Ohio, even though it is a Northern State, is more dominated by Football.  For obvious reasons, football is more important to Ohio residents than Hockey.  So I might even entertain the thought of moving the Blue Jackets.

Moble

Message 118 of 832 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3987 posts

Jan 21, 2013

Hmmm I can't think of any that would be major but:

Wisconsin

Maine

Indiana

All cold weather cities

photo 220dee8b-5bcd-4c72-9468-b21cfc72f31f_zpsfd870647.jpg
Message 119 of 832 (46 Views)
Platinum
55402 posts

Jan 21, 2013

moblesuit75 wrote:

Winnipeg at Boston 12:30 p.m. Today.

Start up your web browsers with radio apps for the broadcast.  Unless you are at home.

After last night, I am soooooo glad Hockey is back on.  Patriots CHOKED!Smiley Frustrated

Moble

I'm @ work watching......between jobs..... 1-1 right now!

Message 120 of 832 (39 Views)
0 Likes