Gaming Beast
2023 posts

Re: Harry Potter Thread

[ Edited ]
Apr 22, 2014

Fletcherrenn08 wrote:
@Sweet2525 Thanks :-D.

So for those of you who have watched all the movies or read the books, who was your favorite character and why?.

For me personally its Hermione, she is smart and her sarcasm is really quite interesting. She also stuck by harry till the very end.

Voldemort is my favorite character simply because he's the type of villain that's menacing and somehat crazy. I love villains that are worthy despite them being evil Smiley Very Happy

Other than Voldemort, I really liked that elf-like character named Duby (I think I spelled his name wrong)

young beard signature
Message 31 of 54 (331 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2807 posts

Apr 22, 2014
@YoungBeard its Dobby, he's a house elf
Message 32 of 54 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Message 33 of 54 (327 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5806 posts

Apr 22, 2014

renatabls wrote:

The chamber of secrets was the 1st Harry Potter movie i watched, i thought it was boring but i didn't hate it. It didn't interest me that much. I was young back then.

I wouldn't blame you, Chamber of secrets ism y least favorite book/movie Smiley Tongue

My favorite book and movie is Goblet Fire. By book I love the Maze chapter of the book (also each challange was really cool reading through) and movie-wise Harry/Daniel Rad looked way cooler with D. Grayson hair lol

The Flying Grayson, Nightwing, Robin, They were about more than fight moves. They were about inspiration, comfort, trust, family. I gave that up to become a spy. a Spider man; A Tsuchigumo. I have changed.
But I'll Always be D. Grayson

N52 Grayson 6

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 34 of 54 (325 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
7356 posts

Apr 22, 2014
Harry Potter is awesome! I consistently daydream about being a wizard or being in the universe of Harry Potter Smiley Happy
PlayStation MVP Program 2001 to 2016
Message 35 of 54 (320 Views)
Fender Bender
2807 posts

Apr 22, 2014

S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT wrote:
Harry Potter is awesome! I consistently daydream about being a wizard or being in the universe of Harry Potter Smiley Happy

Yeah, i know what that's like ae. It would be such a fun world to live in!!!!!

Message 36 of 54 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
5755 posts

Apr 22, 2014
I love the entire Potterverse too! I've read all the books several times (I'm a nocturnal insomniac, so I read a lot in general) and own mod of the movies on Blu-ray. As far as the books go, my order of preference is 6 & 3...5 & 7...4 & 1...2. Despite greatly missing Richard Harris as Dumbledore, the 3rd movie is hands-down my favorite, I love what Alfonso Cuaron did with it and the wacky wizarding humor he injected. The Prince's Tale in book 7 is the best chapter ever though...always.

I'm definitely a Ravenclaw...smart but not brave enough for Gryffindor! Smiley Tongue Luna Lovegood is my favorite character...what can I say? I like weird! She has a good heart and is also very perceptive about most things not related to the crumple-horned snorkack. Evanna Lynch (the actress who played Luna) replied to my tweet once and I totally nerded out.

I'm one of those people who really delves deep I to franchises I love(HP, LOST, etc.), and rereads or rewatches several times to pick up on things I may have missed, or to put pieces of the puzzle together. One of the things I'm hoping JKR will elaborate on in the future reference book is the Fortescue family. It was no accident that Florean Fortescue (the Diagon Alley ice cream shop owner and wizarding history buff) is related to Dexter Fortescue (one of the former headmasters whose portraits hangs in the headmaster's office) are related and I'd love to hear more of the backstory that JKR originally had planned for them!

Message 37 of 54 (309 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
5755 posts

Apr 22, 2014
I'll have to post more about the video games later, phone battery is low! :x

Message 38 of 54 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3802 posts

Apr 22, 2014

I actually thought watching them all some days ago. I've only seen the first 3 or 4 movies.

Message 39 of 54 (304 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Apr 22, 2014

I don't know if you heard of this website yet but it's awesome and it's feels like you are really taking all those classes in Hogwarts. Enjoy! http://hogwartsishere.com/

There's an evolutionary imperative why we give a crap about our family and friends. And there's an evolutionary imperative why we don't give a crap about anybody else. If we loved all people indiscriminately, we couldn't function.
Message 40 of 54 (299 Views)
0 Likes