Dec 29 2012
By: AlphaSixInsight Splicer 77 posts
Accepted Solution

Have any of your PSN friends, become actual friends??

34 replies 430 views Edited Dec 29, 2012
I have two friends as facebook buddies, atop that I have two friends that are FB/texting/iMessage/Skyping/Facetimers.

And I have a PS3 friend (this relationship mind you started on GRAW2's launch day) from '07 to today who lives a few cities away. We are best friends now. We first saw one another face-to-face, 1 year ago today. I'd like to reiterate, that these relationships took a long time to build.

Have any of you been touched by similar circumstances?
Message 1 of 35 (430 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40554 posts

Re: Have any of your PSN friends, become actual friends??

Dec 29, 2012

AlphaSixInsight wrote:
I have two friends as facebook buddies, atop that I have two friends that are FB/texting/iMessage/Skyping/Facetimers.

And I have a PS3 friend (this relationship mind you started on GRAW2's launch day) from '07 to today who lives a few cities away. We are best friends now. We first saw one another face-to-face, 1 year ago today. I'd like to reiterate, that these relationships took a long time to build.

The only people on my friends list that I know in "RL" are members of my family, all the rest I have met either through these Forums or through games.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 2 of 35 (414 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7372 posts

Dec 29, 2012

I think it would be interesting to meet one of my PSN friends in real life... but strange. First of I can only think of about 3 PSN friends that I know enough, are the right age and I would actually want to meet.

But it would still be strange. I mean we would be so used to talking over a mic about games, meeting up I can imagine being very awkward. However, if one of my good PSN friends happened to be "in town" then I would probably give it a go. Becoming real friends after that would be cool too, though then I would have to juggle real friends and PSN friends... I'm getting off-track now.

No, none of my PSN friends have become actual friends. Smiley Tongue

Message 3 of 35 (398 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40554 posts

Dec 29, 2012

samuelcd1997 wrote:

I think it would be interesting to meet one of my PSN friends in real life... but strange. First of I can only think of about 3 PSN friends that I know enough, are the right age and I would actually want to meet.

But it would still be strange. I mean we would be so used to talking over a mic about games, meeting up I can imagine being very awkward. However, if one of my good PSN friends happened to be "in town" then I would probably give it a go. Becoming real friends after that would be cool too, though then I would have to juggle real friends and PSN friends... I'm getting off-track now.

No, none of my PSN friends have become actual friends. Smiley Tongue

There are a few I've thought I'd like to meet in real life too, although it's very unlikely, somehow though I think it's better to keep relationships we have on these Forums or through games exactly like that.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 4 of 35 (388 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4354 posts

Dec 29, 2012

Yes.

I met a guy online at a friends house on a completely different account than my own about two years ago. He is not on the Forums, but his user name is Camerican98 (Canadian and American). So then, I moved (at this time I didn't have a PlayStation 3) and went to a new school. December of last year I got my PlayStation 3 for Christmas. I then called up my old friend to get the one guys user name (unfourtionatly, we didn't have any simalar games since we met playing Black Ops which I don't have) then later, two months after school started, one of my friends had asked me if I had a PlayStation 3. I then said yes and asked for his user name and he told me it was Camerican98 and I was just like Mind=Blown. 

and we still don't have any of the same games.

True story.

Message 5 of 35 (384 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7372 posts

Dec 29, 2012

rengle598 wrote:

Yes.

I met a guy online at a friends house on a completely different account than my own about two years ago. He is not on the Forums, but his user name is Camerican98 (Canadian and American). So then, I moved (at this time I didn't have a PlayStation 3) and went to a new school. December of last year I got my PlayStation 3 for Christmas. I then called up my old friend to get the one guys user name (unfourtionatly, we didn't have any simalar games since we met playing Black Ops which I don't have) then later, two months after school started, one of my friends had asked me if I had a PlayStation 3. I then said yes and asked for his user name and he told me it was Camerican98 and I was just like Mind=Blown. 

and we still don't have any of the same games.

True story.

Wow, that's a pretty cool story Smiley Very Happy.

I always imagine how mindblowing it would be if one of my school friends turned out to be one of my old, or even current, online friends without me even knowing! 

Message 6 of 35 (370 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
7120 posts

Dec 30, 2012
There is one friend in particular that has become a real life friend. Seven years ago I met the guy on the old Nintendo forums, and we've been buds since. We game on Uncharted 3 and Ratchet, as well as joke around on Facebook. Hell, Ive known him for longer than his fiancé. I'll be going to his wedding in a couple of years as well. The dude is like a brother to me.
Message 7 of 35 (360 Views)
Platinum
55402 posts

Dec 31, 2012

AlphaSixInsight wrote:

2 of my clan officers met for real and are dating now.   

Message 8 of 35 (337 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Dec 31, 2012

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

AlphaSixInsight wrote:

2 of my clan officers met for real and are dating now.   

Can I LINK it? Please?

Message 9 of 35 (334 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1107 posts

Jan 1, 2013

I only have one PSN friend.  It would be cool to meet her.  I follow her twitter and her tumbler.  I have known about her for a few years and many of her webpages.  We started emailing each other for about a year already.  If we happen to meet, that would be cool.

“Never be afraid to raise your voice for honesty and truth and compassion against injustice and lying and greed. If people all over the world...would do this, it would change the earth.”
― William Faulkner
Message 10 of 35 (302 Views)
0 Likes