Treasure Hunter
5738 posts

Re: Have you ever had a PSN user send you a threatening message?

Jul 7, 2012

No never, but back when I had my PS2 and was playing need for speed underground on line. Other players use to think I was glitching and cheating. But all I did was pass the game and unlocked all the upgrades for the cars, before playing online. lol I loved that game, there hasn't been another racing game like it.

Message 11 of 24 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8174 posts

Jul 8, 2012

Yup it's happened before. I think the last time it happened to me I was playing CoD MW2 and kept killing the same guy (by complete chance) and he sent me some crazy messages. I just added him to my block list and moved on. Not worth the effort to respond to crazy. 

Message 12 of 24 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13545 posts

Jul 8, 2012

All the time and I block them. Only losers send that kind of mail over the psn and I don't converse with losers.

Message 13 of 24 (293 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1226 posts

Jul 17, 2012

I never had any threaten me, but when I used to play Red Faction Armageddon multilayer I got a few angry messages from sore losers. 

----------------------------------------------------------------
Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com
Message 14 of 24 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4253 posts

Jul 17, 2012

Don't remember if I ever had one, but I've had angry messages before from sore winners.

Yeah I know, sore winners.Smiley Indifferent

Message 15 of 24 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
7157 posts

Jul 17, 2012

Videogameaddict2 wrote:

Don't remember if I ever had one, but I've had angry messages before from sore winners.

Yeah I know, sore winners.Smiley Indifferent

Speaking of sore winners, I remember one time I got kicked with only two other people in the room (for no reason of course), to which I sent both of them a message with the word 'loser' as the only text. After their next match [persumably] ended, I got a message back from each of them, to which BOTH of them replied with "actually i won."

Winners...Smiley Indifferent

Message 16 of 24 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8695 posts

Jul 17, 2012
haha of course Smiley Very Happy

everytime I play FIFA and win, I get a message in some foreign language calling me bad names Smiley Happy

~Fighting the Good Fight~
Message 17 of 24 (252 Views)
PlayStation Support
6755 posts

Jul 17, 2012

Hey Guys - 

Just letting you know - that you can report uesrs for abusive behavior/messages

I think that once you are in your message, you can hit the triangle button and there should be an option to report a user.

Here is a link to the Knowledge Center: http://us.playstation.com/support/answer/index.htm?a_id=218

This shows you how to fill in the report option online Smiley Wink

Message 18 of 24 (245 Views)
Last Guardian
8969 posts

Jul 17, 2012

Trawnza wrote:

Hey Guys - 

What exactly happens to people who get reported by abusive behavior/messages? A ban from PSN for how long? I want to know if it's worth my time to report these sore losers.

id 69 signature

"How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 19 of 24 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7641 posts

Jul 17, 2012

ID-69 wrote:

Trawnza wrote:

Hey Guys - 

What exactly happens to people who get reported by abusive behavior/messages? A ban from PSN for how long? I want to know if it's worth my time to report these sore losers.

Probably nothing if only you alone report them, I would imagine for someone to get banned it would take multiple people to report that person for the same thing then they would be banned

Sig by nuno
Message 20 of 24 (234 Views)
0 Likes