Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 01 2013
By: Kidd_E-V Splicer 70 posts

Help me out! Talk to me about Video Game Retailers!

[ Edited ]
13 replies 2253 views Edited May 1, 2013

I am a student who is currently taking a class on Business Management. I was recently assigned a project in which an early component is to gather data from consumers that would be useful in starting a business and selling a product. 

Loving the PlayStation brand since I was a wee lad, I decided to turn to you, the community, to understand what you like, dislike, and want to see as future developments in video game retailers (specifically brick-and-mortar stores). I am not sure what responses to expect if I even get any, but I'm hoping for at least 50. 

If you guys are interested, I'd just like to know quickly what you like or dislikes about companies that sell video games, and what you would like to see from them in the future.

Freeflow-style player. Rapid adjustment to all situations.
Photobucket
Message 1 of 14 (2,253 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16564 posts

Re: Help me out! Talk to me about Video Game Retailers!

[ Edited ]
May 1, 2013

Well, I dont really know anything specific...I usually do research online and get in and get out when making a purchase. 

One observation I will make, is that the physical stores have a little bit harder competition against digital downloads and online retailers lately. It seems like every game that comes out is tacked on with its own unique up-sell to get you to purchase it from one place or another.

Like I said, just an observation, not sure if this is what you're looking for.

Message 2 of 14 (2,240 Views)
Splicer
70 posts

May 1, 2013
It does help, but more specifically, is there anything that you do or don't like about the way companies like GameStop conduct their business?
Photobucket
Message 3 of 14 (2,236 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11443 posts

May 1, 2013

Kidd_E-V wrote:
It does help, but more specifically, is there anything that you do or don't like about the way companies like GameStop conduct their business?

I think I speak for everyone when I say their prices on most not-ancient used games are absolute BS.

R.I.P. Off-Topic.                  "Eerrrm."   -BRIT-KO, on the topic of 'johngie'.
04/09/2014 - Never Forget

Message 4 of 14 (2,234 Views)
PlayStation MVP
16564 posts

May 1, 2013

Well, GameStop in particular, haha, well I suppose the fact that they blatantly shaft you when you turn in a game for store credit.

Message 5 of 14 (2,231 Views)
Splicer
70 posts

May 1, 2013
Thanks for being the only two people to respond.
Photobucket
Message 6 of 14 (2,225 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11443 posts

May 1, 2013
It's late at night. I wouldn't expect much currently. Give it time.

R.I.P. Off-Topic.                  "Eerrrm."   -BRIT-KO, on the topic of 'johngie'.
04/09/2014 - Never Forget

Message 7 of 14 (2,223 Views)
PlayStation MVP
18768 posts

May 1, 2013

johngie wrote:
It's late at night. I wouldn't expect much currently. Give it time.

Same. The forums tend to slow down when it gets late on the East Coast. I seem to notice a drop in post amounts around 11 or 12 at night on weekdays at least.

Message 8 of 14 (2,218 Views)
Splicer
70 posts

May 1, 2013
Thanks and Kudos guys. I will wait.
Photobucket
Message 9 of 14 (2,216 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2778 posts

May 1, 2013

Con's:

Gamestop needs to match their prices. How is it that a six year old game will cost me 3.99, new, on amazon. While gamestop has the exact same game for 32.99, used? They need to stop advertising a game as a "new game", if the plastic wrap is off. I find that super annoying when a new full priced game is unwrapped and not in it's case.

Pro's:

You get 7 day's to play a used game and return it for your money back. Sometime's they have a better pre-order deal with high profiled games.

That's what I could think of so far. 

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Message 10 of 14 (1,036 Views)
0 Likes