Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/30/2011
Offline
3825 posts
 

Re: Heterosexuality: Normal Or Just Common?

Jun 25, 2014

EminentFury wrote:

hannah-goes-rawr wrote:

EminentFury wrote:
Whether or not it's a mental disorder (and it is)

 it's not "natural" in the sense that one of the biological functions of life is to procreate - but that dismisses the complexity of human psychology and brain function.


Go on.

 

Our brains are intended to work in lockstep with our reproductive organs. Having homosexual attractions defeats the purpose of having reproductive organs. Therefore, it's a defect.


What is you families opinion on homosexuality? Do they think it's a defect also?

KZMProductionsGT
Message 111 of 186 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/29/2008
Offline
8030 posts
 

Re: Heterosexuality: Normal Or Just Common?

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2014

KZMProductionsGT wrote:

EminentFury wrote:

hannah-goes-rawr wrote:

EminentFury wrote:
Whether or not it's a mental disorder (and it is)

 it's not "natural" in the sense that one of the biological functions of life is to procreate - but that dismisses the complexity of human psychology and brain function.


Go on.

 

Our brains are intended to work in lockstep with our reproductive organs. Having homosexual attractions defeats the purpose of having reproductive organs. Therefore, it's a defect.


What is you families opinion on homosexuality? Do they think it's a defect also?


Smiley Indifferent

 

What's the relevance? My family's opinions are not homogeneous, so I couldn't tell you what they as a whole think on homosexuality. I do know that quite a few of my family members oppose homosexuality due to their religious beliefs.

 

And it's really not an opinion.


Asperger's is the leading cause of hate against women. End patriarchy now by donating to the EminentFury Asperger's Research Fund.
Wais_45 is a good guy.
Message 112 of 186 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/30/2011
Offline
3825 posts
 

Re: Heterosexuality: Normal Or Just Common?

Jun 25, 2014

I'm sorry, just asking.

KZMProductionsGT
Message 113 of 186 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 10/02/2008
Offline
14608 posts
 

Re: Heterosexuality: Normal Or Just Common?

Jun 25, 2014

Also keep in mind EminentFury is extremely anti-religion. 


Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 114 of 186 (136 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/29/2008
Offline
8030 posts
 

Re: Heterosexuality: Normal Or Just Common?

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2014

KZMProductionsGT wrote:

I'm sorry, just asking.


Did you have a reason? Smiley Frustrated

 

I assume you were asking to say that my family influenced my feelings. Well, that isn't true. I don't oppose homosexuality or gay marriage. Dense people confuse me saying it's a defect/disorder with me disparaging homosexuals. It's amusing to me that people take offense to that, because they're basically saying they're better than people who have disorders that the medical community acknowledges as such.


Asperger's is the leading cause of hate against women. End patriarchy now by donating to the EminentFury Asperger's Research Fund.
Wais_45 is a good guy.
Message 115 of 186 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 10/09/2013
Offline
573 posts
 

Re: Heterosexuality: Normal Or Just Common?

Jun 25, 2014

EminentFury wrote:

hannah-goes-rawr wrote:

EminentFury wrote:
Whether or not it's a mental disorder (and it is)

 it's not "natural" in the sense that one of the biological functions of life is to procreate - but that dismisses the complexity of human psychology and brain function.


Go on.

 

Our brains are intended to work in lockstep with our reproductive organs. Having homosexual attractions defeats the purpose of having reproductive organs. Therefore, it's a defect.


first of all, APA removing the status of homosexuality as a mental disorder extends beyond status quo - there is simply no evidence to support the claim.

 

no, as far as we can tell our brains just adhere to sexual desire. i'm not a biologist or a psychologist, but it's an extremely complex subject that goes beyond just "mental defect." especially when you look at animals with a neocortex, such as humans, dolphins and bonobos. 

 

also, homosexuality occurs well within the confines of nature through other animal species - even those outside of what have "higher thinking" capabilities. there's no genetics to define sexual orientation and the hormones and biological factors are the same (except the stimulus) which kind of just shoots the whole "mental defect" in the foot. if homosexuality were a mental defect, there would be neurological/hormonal/biological indicators. fact is: there aren't.

ferguson is a weird name for an iraqi village
Message 116 of 186 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/29/2008
Offline
8030 posts
 

hRe: Heterosexuality: Normal Or Just Common?

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2014

hannah-goes-rawr wrote:

EminentFury wrote:

hannah-goes-rawr wrote:

EminentFury wrote:
Whether or not it's a mental disorder (and it is)

 it's not "natural" in the sense that one of the biological functions of life is to procreate - but that dismisses the complexity of human psychology and brain function.


Go on.

 

Our brains are intended to work in lockstep with our reproductive organs. Having homosexual attractions defeats the purpose of having reproductive organs. Therefore, it's a defect.


first of all, APA removing the status of homosexuality as a mental disorder extends beyond status quo - there is simply no evidence to support the claim.

 

no, as far as we can tell our brains just adhere to sexual desire. i'm not a biologist or a psychologist, but it's an extremely complex subject that goes beyond just "mental defect." especially when you look at animals with a neocortex, such as humans, dolphins and bonobos. 



"simply no evidence to support the claim" Of course there is.

 

"our brains just adhere to sexual desire" Nope. The majority are inclined to have sex with the opposite gender, and that act happens to result in reproduction. We have a minority that are attracted to each other, who have no means of naturally reproducing. Defect. You believe we were born with reproductiveorgans, but the desire to use them is simply a crapshoot. How funny.

 

 

 

That gif covers your last paragraph, too, by the way.

 


Asperger's is the leading cause of hate against women. End patriarchy now by donating to the EminentFury Asperger's Research Fund.
Wais_45 is a good guy.
Message 117 of 186 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/29/2008
Offline
8030 posts
 

Re: Heterosexuality: Normal Or Just Common?

Jun 25, 2014

hannah-goes-rawr wrote:


also, homosexuality occurs well within the confines of nature through other animal species - even those outside of what have "higher thinking" capabilities. there's no genetics to define sexual orientation and the hormones and biological factors are the same (except the stimulus) which kind of just shoots the whole "mental defect" in the foot. if homosexuality were a mental defect, there would be neurological/hormonal/biological indicators. fact is: there aren't.


So does mental retardation. That isn't an argument.

 

So you think. The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.

 

So you say. It's comical that you think there are no biological differences between the two.

 

 

 

 


Asperger's is the leading cause of hate against women. End patriarchy now by donating to the EminentFury Asperger's Research Fund.
Wais_45 is a good guy.
Message 118 of 186 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
Registered: 10/09/2013
Offline
573 posts
 

Re: hRe: Heterosexuality: Normal Or Just Common?

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2014

EminentFury wrote:

hannah-goes-rawr wrote:

EminentFury wrote:

hannah-goes-rawr wrote:

EminentFury wrote:
Whether or not it's a mental disorder (and it is)

 it's not "natural" in the sense that one of the biological functions of life is to procreate - but that dismisses the complexity of human psychology and brain function.


Go on.

 

Our brains are intended to work in lockstep with our reproductive organs. Having homosexual attractions defeats the purpose of having reproductive organs. Therefore, it's a defect.


first of all, APA removing the status of homosexuality as a mental disorder extends beyond status quo - there is simply no evidence to support the claim.

 

no, as far as we can tell our brains just adhere to sexual desire. i'm not a biologist or a psychologist, but it's an extremely complex subject that goes beyond just "mental defect." especially when you look at animals with a neocortex, such as humans, dolphins and bonobos. 



"simply no evidence to support the claim" Of course there is.

 

"our brains just adhere to sexual desire" Nope. The majority are inclined to have sex with the opposite gender, and that act happens to result in reproduction. We have a minority that are attracted to each other, who have no means of naturally reproducing. Defect. You believe we were born with reproductiveorgans, but the desire to use them is simply a crapshoot. How funny.

 

 

 

That gif covers your last paragraph, too, by the way.

 


the desire to use them is a crapshoot. it stems from the neocortex and neurotransmitters being released during intercourse. there are only a handful of species that even enjoy intercourse. most animals (i use this rather sparingly, though, since cellular and insects outnumber mammals) are given reproductive organs only to use them as a biological function. even further, humans are even more complex than other animals with a neocortex (dolphins, bonobos) because we are the only observed animal that has awareness of the link between sex and reproduction.

 

really, once you start layering on the complexities of the human brain and combine it with the simplicity of homosexuality in the animal kingdom - you have a picture that doesn't define a mental defect at all.

 

just because the roots of homosexuality are still a mystery, there's not a single piece of valid evidence anywhere in the entire world to enforce the idea it is a defect. 

 

in fact, all evidence points in the opposite direction. worker bees are not defected just because they were not born as a queen bee. homosexual bonobos aren't defected because they use homosexual sex to strengthen societal bonds and an inherently stronger group (kind of weird to think about, actually). 

 

with our close similarities in evolutionary biology, there is strong reason to believe homosexuality is an occurance similar to the bonobos monkeys - where it's a biological precedent to help with our communal nature. of course, as the whole of humanity grows and develops and a gay sibling isn't driven to be a good soldier and yadda yadda yadda building a society crap.

 

realistically your entire point is just an appeal to nature, a fallacy. 

 

for the most part, your just wrong because you're wrong. both "biological" and "defect" are a lot less defined than you seem to think they are - both share value systems that have little to do with evolution and the defining nature of homosexuality (both in humans and in the animal kingdom). evolution doesn't have a goal, it just is. homosexuality is a product of evolution, as seen in the animal species, by labeling it a "defect" you're basically saying that evolution is wrong and attributing purpose to something that inherently doesn't have one.

 

add to that the social ramifications of using a word like "defect" and it's easy to see why you're way off the mark.

ferguson is a weird name for an iraqi village
Message 119 of 186 (107 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/29/2008
Offline
8030 posts
 

Re: hRe: Heterosexuality: Normal Or Just Common?

Jun 25, 2014

hannah-goes-rawr wrote:

 


the desire to use them is a crapshoot.

Nope. Mankind's surival, and the survival of all species, is dependant upon us reproducing. We are born with a desire to use them in a way that corresponds with the natural order.


Asperger's is the leading cause of hate against women. End patriarchy now by donating to the EminentFury Asperger's Research Fund.
Wais_45 is a good guy.
Message 120 of 186 (99 Views)
0 Likes