Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 07 2012
By: PowerExtreme Fender Bender 4043 posts

Honestly depressing news for anyone who is a fan of Conscious hip hop

[ Edited ]
17 replies 528 views Edited Jul 7, 2012

Lowkey is one of the few artists who actually gives a **bleep** about what he raps about, he puts content and meaning into his songs, so it is sad as **bleep** to hear that he is done making anymore music.

“After many months of contemplation I have decided to step away from music and concentrate on my studies. Maybe at some point I will get back into it again but at this stage I feel I should direct my energy in different, more helpful directions. The ego is a destructive thing and I feel this business and these social networks in particular have a tendency to feed it in an unhealthy way. I will be deactivating this page. Thank you for all those who have supported me over the years. See you on the other side people.”

This is a massive loss of talent, and quality. If you have never heard of lowkey check out the following songs and realise what is lost.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 18 (528 Views)
Sackboy
499 posts

Re: Honestly depressing news for anyone who is a fan of Conscious hip hop

Jul 7, 2012

Ok...**bleep** does this have to do with MAG?  Did he do the soundtrack or something?

--- If Socom fans cannot support a Socom game, why should they ever support a non-Socom game? ---
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 18 (473 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7988 posts

Jul 7, 2012

GenSpall wrote:

Ok...**bleep** does this have to do with MAG?  Did he do the soundtrack or something?

Leave this forum.

photo Buckethead-Discography_zps31049904.png
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 18 (465 Views)
Fender Bender
4599 posts

Jul 7, 2012

PowerExtreme wrote:

Lowkey is one of the few artists who actually gives a **bleep** about what he raps about, he puts content and meaning into his songs, so it is sad as **bleep** to hear that he is done making anymore music.

“After many months of contemplation I have decided to step away from music and concentrate on my studies. Maybe at some point I will get back into it again but at this stage I feel I should direct my energy in different, more helpful directions. The ego is a destructive thing and I feel this business and these social networks in particular have a tendency to feed it in an unhealthy way. I will be deactivating this page. Thank you for all those who have supported me over the years. See you on the other side people.”

This is a massive loss of talent, and quality. If you have never heard of lowkey check out the following songs and realise what is lost.

Sucks and seems so random, no more Immortal Technique style of perspective from the UK side of things, too many grime/RnB fvcktards there (except that Akala in one ze clips).

I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.� - Shaka Zulu
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 18 (420 Views)
Fender Bender
4043 posts

Jul 8, 2012
yea man i hope he comes back after he does his studies, he really creates a void through leaving.

his last album was phenomenal, he just kept going up, and he was seen in interviews talking about further albums, but yea just really sad news.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 18 (392 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6389 posts

Jul 8, 2012
Life is G.O.O.D
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 18 (380 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1181 posts

Jul 8, 2012

Oh, he's a UK rapper. Nothing of importance was lost.

Woolley
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 18 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3390 posts

Jul 10, 2012
Words cannot describe exactly how much I don't care about this dude, his music, or this post.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 18 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
499 posts

Jul 12, 2012

MUDMASTEI2_23 wrote:

GenSpall wrote:

Leave this forum.

Seriously, what does this have to do with MAG?  Did he do the soundtrack or something?

--- If Socom fans cannot support a Socom game, why should they ever support a non-Socom game? ---
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 18 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7988 posts

Jul 12, 2012

This forum hasn't been about MAG in like, 2 years. The majority of people don't care about it.

photo Buckethead-Discography_zps31049904.png
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 18 (156 Views)