Jul 21 2012
By: dumbfoolkid5 Lombax Warrior 149 posts

How I feel about certain cartoons

17 replies 174 views Edited Jul 21, 2012

The other day I cry yes I cry because of my memories of the cartoon Tom & Jerry. I cry because I hate that cartoon.

When I see that cartoon I don't see slapstick comedy I see a cat being torched, abused and anything to make him 

miserable they may like it but I hate it all he is doing is preserving the natural cores.

It's the same with some Loony Toons when I see a cat, a wolf or some dog get beat up I just cry of sadness.

Call me childish if you want but I hate those cartoons and always will. That's why I turn to some anime I know 

it's just as bat but it's a little better then those cartoons. And what's worse is that im too lazy to do anything about it.

The least I can do is write about how I feel here.

I welcome your thoughts 

Thank you.

Message 1 of 18 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7157 posts

Re: How I feel about certain cartoons

Jul 21, 2012
You do know they're just...cartoons...yes?
Message 2 of 18 (172 Views)
MVP Support
11825 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 21, 2012

dumbfoolkid5 wrote:

The other day I cry yes I cry because of my memories of the cartoon Tom & Jerry. I cry because I hate that cartoon.

When I see that cartoon I don't see slapstick comedy I see a cat being torched, abused and anything to make him 

miserable they may like it but I hate it all he is doing is preserving the natural cores.

It's the same with some Loony Toons when I see a cat, a wolf or some dog get beat up I just cry of sadness.

Call me childish if you want but I hate those cartoons and always will. That's why I turn to some anime I know 

it's just as bat but it's a little better then those cartoons. And what's worse is that im too lazy to do anything about it.

I welcome your thoughts 

Thank you.

It saddens me to hear that people hate these cartoons (many individuals grew up with them and cherish them to this day). :smileysad:

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison

Message 3 of 18 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6383 posts

Jul 21, 2012

This post made my day! :smileylol: 

It's just cartoon violence. Kids love it! 

Message 4 of 18 (167 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7722 posts

Jul 21, 2012

ID-69 wrote:

This post made my day! :smileylol: 

It's just cartoon violence. Kids love it! 

Same. I can burst out laughing at classic Tom and Jerry for hours, and fall asleep in minutes with modern cartoons.

Message 5 of 18 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1964 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 22, 2012

imo, the classics are better than the modern cartoon shows nowadays. I watched Looney Tunes & Tom & Jerry 24/7 as a kid, and we always knew that they were in good fun. No need to be critical or anything. That's why they used words like "**bleep**" in those cartoons sometimes (specifically T&J).

What do you see now on CN? I can't watch half of that stuff because it's just not as satisfying as Dexter's Lab or Cow & Chicken. tbh, those new shows are probably the reason I quit watching cartoons.

Message 6 of 18 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7157 posts

Jul 22, 2012

CircleBoi6 wrote:

What do you see now on CN? I can't watch half of that stuff because t's just not as satisfying as Dexter's Lab or Cow & Chicken. tbh, those new shows are probably the reason I quit watching cartoons.

At least Cartoon Network still has cartoons. Nickelodeon has a LOT of live action stuff nowadays; I'm sure the majority of their regular scheduled programming is no longer animated cartoons. Not to mention those greedy **bleep** over at Viacom removed their channels from DirecTV, so I'm unable to watch any of their old cartoons that they do air.

I personally believe anime ruined today's American cartoon industry, since it seems that's what today's cartoons try to imitate in some way or the other.
Message 7 of 18 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2801 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 22, 2012

@losdodgers - DirecTV and Viacom finally struck a new deal and the Viacom channels were restored a day or two ago. So if you still don't have them, you may want to give DirecTV a call.

These shows are for entertainment purposes only and there is probably more violence is today's cartoons then there ever was in classic cartoons. I love Tom & Jerry and Looney Toons and I've laughed until it hurts watching them. I also love Scooby Doo, The Flintstones, The Jetsons, Yogi, Pink Panther, Droopy, and lots of other classics. I also love most of the old Nick cartoons like Doug, Hey Arnold, CatDog, Rocket Power, Rugrats, and such. There were awesome cartoons on Disney and the long gone Kids WB back in the day too.:smileyvery-happy:

My family grew up watching a lot of these classics on Saturday mornings and still enjoy them to this day. Classic cartoons were always in good fun, not to make people angry or upset enough to hate them.:smileyindifferent:

Message 8 of 18 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
33550 posts

Jul 22, 2012

dumbfoolkid5 wrote:

I welcome your thoughts 

Thank you.

Whaoh there.  So if you had more ambition you would... do what exactly?

Message 9 of 18 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1732 posts

Jul 22, 2012

I love cartoon violence and people these days are way to sensitive to things... Look at cartoon quality then and now.. We have a few exceptions though. So is OP trolling and trying to get reactions? Because this is just silly. :smileylol:

Message 10 of 18 (109 Views)
0 Likes