Wastelander
809 posts

Re: How did you decide on yours?

Oct 8, 2010

Kutless is one of my favorite bands.  Kutlessrocker is just self-explanitory.

Message 21 of 60 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
154 posts

Oct 8, 2010

I did my name so d is for my frist name a for my middle and o and f are my last name. the number 95 is random but musot people automatically think im 15

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 22 of 60 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8868 posts

Oct 8, 2010

nizmo_bro is something I just started using a few years ago on car sites, and it stuck after that, so I when we were able to change our handles here, I put that in. Nothing really too mysterious about it or anything. 

nizmo=Nismo. 

I misspelled it on purpose to represent the old school Nismo logo. 

bro, because it rhymes.

I guess between my brother and I though, I am the big Nissan fan, so I'm the nismo brother... He drives a Honda...

Message 23 of 60 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

Oct 8, 2010

Way back when, my boyfriend at the time and I had matching usernames on that website, 1up. It was FairlyOddGirlfriend and FairlyOddBoyfriend. Pretty lame, but it was cute while that relationship lasted. When I tried to get it as an aim name, the "girlfriend" part wouldn't fit, so I decided to just shorten my name, Michelle. The end.

For a company that spent so much time and energy exhorting the virtues of a free online service, to charge for marginally useful access and other nebulous online things, this is just another slap in the face of PS3 owners who were previously told that rumble is last gen, backwards compatibility is great and the versatility of their system in allowing other operating systems to be used on their hardware was a great feature.
- Lono, Sarcastic Gamer

Message 24 of 60 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8191 posts

Oct 8, 2010

When I first started posting online (2004) I would use "AiBoost" and post spammy-ish things on the GMA7 boards. Then I switched names to "Aguiluz" for some reason (I adopted it out of a TV show I loved) and then in 2007 when other Aguiluzes were popping up and start to cloud Google pages, I had to come up with something unique.

On Youtube I registered the name "Doppelgangergang" in Jan. 2008. Loved the unique name as no other person used it before. I decided on it because if you drop a few letters from it and add some letters you'll get my first name. It's also a reference to my personality and other personal stuff that I cannot mention here. Then the name was just stuck.

Eventually, one person (A_Guy from SF) shortened my name to "Doppel." That got stuck too.

Over time, I formed the name "Doppelgangergang A. Draconius." The middle initial stood for "Aguiluz" (old username) and Draconius because (1) I am fascinated with dragons and (2) It resembles my real last name and (3) hidden meaning. Soon, I changed the middle initial, making it "Doppelgangergang D. Draconius." It's because (1) My real middle initial is D and it has another hidden meaning.

I like my username and callsign, and I would stick with it.

Then I got my PS3 and I decided to continue my name onto it.

Sorry for the rant, I just had some good memories.

Message 25 of 60 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
21008 posts

Oct 8, 2010

I really wanted to just copy my PSU user name and use it for my PSN.  However my PSU user name "Super_Vegeta" was already in use, so I added my birth year to the end "1986"

So my PSN name is Super_Vegeta1986

I got my PSU name after my favorite character from  Dragonball Z  Vegeta

Message 26 of 60 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
187 posts

Oct 8, 2010

nizmo_bro wrote:

nizmo_bro is something I just started using a few years ago on car sites, and it stuck after that, so I when we were able to change our handles here, I put that in. Nothing really too mysterious about it or anything. 

nizmo=Nismo. 

I misspelled it on purpose to represent the old school Nismo logo. 

bro, because it rhymes.

I guess between my brother and I though, I am the big Nissan fan, so I'm the nismo brother... He drives a Honda...

what the hell is with your signature

Message 27 of 60 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9755 posts

Oct 8, 2010

What is this? The 101st time this thread has been made? We really need new discussion starters. 

Message 28 of 60 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1920 posts

Oct 8, 2010
me and a bunch of friends were all getting ps3s at the same time. So we brainstormed one day and thought of a bunch of names. I picked this one.
soccermom_62
Message 29 of 60 (6 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
960 posts

Oct 9, 2010

um.................................guess

Message 30 of 60 (6 Views)
0 Likes